Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bought a dress but now I’m unsure it’s “the dress”

I said yes to the dress recently & think it was a mistake. Whenever anyone asked me what I wanted for a wedding dress, my response was simple and elegant. I choose a dress that’s elegant but not simple. It’s beaded and glitzy on the top and plain on the bottom. I thought I was comprising with myself and having something I wanted and something different (a dress people wouldn’t expect from me). But now, I’m having second thoughts. The dress is beautiful. It’s non-refundable.  I really don’t know what to do.  Anyone else in this situation? Anyone know where I can sell the dress? Not altered and size 8 beautiful Maggie Sottero! 

Re: Bought a dress but now I’m unsure it’s “the dress”

• Options

This is the dress I picked ^^^
  • Options
    Well I think that dress looks stunning on you. I had second thoughts about my dress as well, but by my second fitting I was happy with it again. When is your wedding? 
  • Options
    That's a gorgeous dress and you look stunning in it. 

I also had dress second thoughts too.  I think it's natural given all the TV shows and pressure to find "the dress".  In the end, it's a dress.  
  • Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2022
    I think this is 100% natural to feel and that you look absolutely amazing in that dress.

It's been 8 years and i still think "hmm..maybe I should have gotten that other dress" and I LOVE how my dress looks in pictures. 

*ETA: I don't think it needs any alteration whatsoever BUT if you wanted the beading and glitz on top to stand out a little less you could see if the seamstress could add a white underlayer instead of having it nude.  The detail on top would be more subtle!
  • Options
    Ebay!  Marketplace...  Craigslist...  Consignment Store...  Donation (Charities exist for formalwear and wedding gowns specifically)..  

End of the day, only you can make the decision, if you don't like this dress it sets the energy and what you'll be looking at on the wall for the next 70 years (even if you'll be thinking how great you looked when you get to that age anyway!), there's a lot to be said about making that decision based on what YOU think of yourself in the dress not what others in-person or online might think of how great you look!
  • Options
    I'm not a big believer in "the dress." (If you tried on every wedding dress out there, you'd probably find at least 50 that you really liked.) IMO, at the end of the day, you just pick one. I personally wouldn't waste the time and energy trying to sell this dress and then trying to find one that's better. But if you really can't stand it AND you have already tried on one that you know you like better AND you have time to switch, then go for it. But I think you look great in the one you have already bought.
  • Options
    This is a gorgeous dress, but if you want to sell it you could try StillWhite or eBay?