Wedding Woes

Fri-yay

Finally.  Family party this evening, the twins' make their Reconciliation (sacrament in our church) tomorrow, working an event at my school tomorrow evening, and hopefully lots of relaxation on Sunday.  Wishing everyone a good weekend!

Re: Fri-yay

• ei34 said:
    Finally.  Family party this evening, the twins' make their Reconciliation (sacrament in our church) tomorrow, working an event at my school tomorrow evening, and hopefully lots of relaxation on Sunday.  Wishing everyone a good weekend!
    DH quoted Eddie Izzard on the way to the kids' first Reconciliation since they obviously couldn't pay attention to him on the way to their Baptism.  "What *is* an original sin? I poked a badger with a spoon!" 

God bless the twins and best wishes for those squeaky clean souls!
  • We're trying to figure out essentially a cleaning schedule.
    I use to do it while M was at the gym, but obv with me going to the gym now that's not an option.

Since BK is gone Saturday night, we're going to try to split between the 2 days some cleaning.
    I need to clean my kitchen floors, so I think that will be done Saturday. I really need to vacuum so it might be a floor day.

Who had a split weekend cleaning schedule that seems to work?
    I mean it'll be different in nicer weather when M is doing more outdoor stuff while I do indoor stuff.
  • Just trying to make it through the last shift of the week over here. Mostly SSDD. I still haven’t heard back about my car so I’m going to call this afternoon to check on it. They’ve had it for 10 days. 

I did a concentrated leg workout on Wednesday for the first time after slacking off during the holidays and my legs are dead. I dialed it down too which is making me sad. Oh well, at least I’m back at it. 

Hoping everyone has a good weekend! 

• Excited for a well balanced weekend. I have hangouts with my sister tmrw and friends Sunday, and should have plenty of time to continue to make “spring cleaning” progress and get in plenty of book on the couch time. 
  • It’s been a down week for me (so much work stuff) so I’m hoping to take it easier this weekend. Read, rest, toddler snuggles and movies. We may go to the science museum or the zoo depending on the weather and hoping we can get M to go out and play in the snow this afternoon. 
  • G had a midnight meltdown last night and H and got into a big disagreement after about how to handle this kind of thing. I'm very angry at him about how he handled his frustration and we both have a lot of work to do so we have hardly spoken today. I hate it. We need to hash some of this out with our couples therapist but trying to find time for that is also incredibly overwhelming. So i'm just sad and angry going into this weekend. 

I'm sure we'll play outside if it's not too cold and see IL's at some point. 

I'm antsy to get my work stuff done so i can do a few things around the house before kiddos come home. 
  • Ugh I'm sorry @Casadena, that's so so hard.  Nothing worse than butting heads and knowing you're right and being (rightfully) mad at H
  • We are in Chicagoland. H is leaving Sunday I am staying until next weekend. He will come back up to get me. That way, the boys get two visits from Papa. I hate this cold though! It is hard for me to work out when I am up here during the winter - I don't walk outside when it is this cold and snowy. I often don't have time to get on their Peloton. 

I found out Wednesday a cousin died that morning. It has really hit me hard. Other than a cousin that died very young, this is the first in our generation to pass. I was in tears as I watched the video on the funeral home website (it included pictures with my mom and aunts who have already gone). I hadn't seen him in over 4 years thanks to distance and Covid. He had Alzheimer's and declined rapidly. He was a great guy and someone I really looked up to when I was younger. My brother and I are the youngest cousins so this cousin was 13 years older than me.The funeral was today and obviously I couldn't make it. Our family is from SC, and I had already planned on being in Chicago to help DD out with some appointments. This has been a rough month as far as deaths are concerned. Sorry to be such a downer.
  • I’m so sorry for your loss @ILoveBeachMusic

• So very sorry for your loss @ILoveBeachMusic
  • I'm so sorry for your loss @ILoveBeachMusic