Wedding Woes
Options

Frowning Friday

Not really, but I went to the dentist yesterday and while it didn’t hurt at the time my cheek is now puffy and sore. And I should take Advil but to get to the bottle would involve disturbing the cat and he looks so peaceful right now. 

Re: Frowning Friday

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2023
    Have a great bday weekend @VarunaTT!   Sounds like you've got some fun stuff planned. 

Boo to post-dental procedure pain, @STARMOON44.  I hope it clears up soon.  Mouth pain is so difficult because it makes it hard to concentrate on anything else. 

DH's *big* interview is soon.  Neither of us slept super well last night even though we feel very confident (based on the info he's been given) about all of it.  I just want him to hear the decision-makers say it to his face.  LOL

DefConn has to work the fundraising tournament at the HS this weekend for wrestling.  It's a couple of hours tomorrow and all day Sunday.  I'm not sure what else we'll be up to.  Probably a hike and maybe a pedicure. Maybe test-driving cars again? 

I'm just glad it's the weekend and we don't have anything we *have* to do.  
  • Options
    Good luck to mrconn! @mrsconn23

happy birthday @VarunaTT!!!

I hope you feel better @STARMOON44

I hope your family is doing okay @CharmedPam

Training all day today for the new computer system. I’m feeling socially anxious today and I’m in a room with all of the people I work with and I’m trying not to let it get to me. Oh well. Two days of this and then I’m free. Then on to birthday week!

• Options
    @STARMOON44 ack shitty :( If you can, motrin or naproxin works better post dental work. Also likely your gums are irritated, so swish salt and water. My dentist suggested that recently and it made a huge difference that I didn't expect!

@VarunaTT happy birthday :D 

@mrsconn23 good luck to your H!

We think BK is getting a cold. We're really unsure because honestly we were all really sneezy this morning.
    I told M that we're gonna keep it lowkey as much as possible this weekend in case she is.
    We're also playing Sunday by her. We should be going to the gym but if BK is sick, it won't be both of us going.

Hopefully she's not :\ 
  • Options
    Oh no @missJeanLouise, that is terrible and I’m sorry to hear that :( you and family deserve that vacation! Or sister time.  Both will be good for the soul 
    @VarunaTT sounds fun and fulfilled weekend! Happy (early?) birthday! Or are you celebrating it late? Did I aready wish you a birthday before? I’ll take it back if I had. I 100% get the missing friendship thing.  I’m looking at my meetup calendar and none of my groups are doing anything! One of the most active leaders said she was hurting financially and I can see that, as she hasn’t really put out any new events.  If I had a big house to host, I’d do a potluck with the regulars, but it’s not really feasible
    And thanks @levioosa, Grandpa was released yesterday with a fracture and my Dad gets released sometime today, apparently. GL with that training!

Like I said, super low key weekend with nothing to do.  And it’s COLD but I’m to cheap to put the heat up over 69.  I may cave and do 70.  We’ll see. 

• Options
    Oh no @missJeanLouise, that is terrible and I’m sorry to hear that :( you and family deserve that vacation! Or sister time.  Both will be good for the soul 
    @VarunaTT sounds fun and fulfilled weekend! Happy (early?) birthday! Or are you celebrating it late? Did I aready wish you a birthday before? I’ll take it back if I had. I 100% get the missing friendship thing.  I’m looking at my meetup calendar and none of my groups are doing anything! One of the most active leaders said she was hurting financially and I can see that, as she hasn’t really put out any new events.  If I had a big house to host, I’d do a potluck with the regulars, but it’s not really feasible
    And thanks @levioosa, Grandpa was released yesterday with a fracture and my Dad gets released sometime today, apparently. GL with that training!

Like I said, super low key weekend with nothing to do.  And it’s COLD but I’m to cheap to put the heat up over 69.  I may cave and do 70.  We’ll see. 
    It's Sunday, February 26.  :)  Thank you.
  • Options
    We are in Chicago for the weekend. Our Christmas present from DD and family is tickets to Les Mis so we are going tonight to see that. DD is going with us since it is one of her favorite shows. We are having dinner beforehand at a restaurant we enjoy. Tomorrow DD and I are having a girls' day. I can't remember when we last did that!? Looking forward to it even though it will be cold outside. We have the puppy with us. He doesn't like to be away from home, I think. He won't eat much when we are here. This is the fourth time he has been here and he barely eats - maybe one meal every other day. I know he won't starve to death int he short time we are here but it doesn't bode well for our two week beach trip in May. 

Hope your families are doing better @CharmedPam and @levioosa.

• Options
    The wind is REALLY kicking up.  The temp is supposed to plummet tonight into the teens.

I'm dealing with an account that is either gaslighting me or has been gaslight themselves - but it's frustrating when you think you're handling everything correctly and can find that the facts are on your side and feel like there are outside sources trying to sabotage. 
  • Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss @missJeanLouise

• Options
    @missJeanLouise I'm so sorry for your loss. That's so hard. 

@VarunaTT have a great and fun birthday weekend! 

We were supposed to hang out w/ my friend and her husband tomorrow but just got a text that he's not feeling well. So now the whole weekend really is free. I think we might do something fun with the kids tomorrow morning. But man, I'm just happy it's Friday! 
  • Options
    Sending all the healing vibes @missJeanLouise feel better @STARMOON44 enjoy the fun bday plans @VarunaTT I love that show!  And ooh @ILoveBeachMusic enjoy your show and girls weekend!  Les Mis is my fave and now the kids are really into the soundtrack (I know they seem young but I saw it for the first time when I was only a few years older than my oldest...songs like Lovely Ladies go over their heads lol), I'm waiting for the day it tours near me or would even returns to Broadway I'd go in a heartbeat.
    Freezing temps with lots of low and slow comfort foods being cooked sum up my upcoming weekend plans.