Wedding Woes

Spring Tuesday

My favorite season, and it's sunny today in honor of it.  I'm back at work thankfully.  Wishing everyone a good day!

Re: Spring Tuesday

• I am cranky today. I think it's mostly weather related? It's still so cold in the mornings, but then it warms up so nicely by the afternoon. You know, when I'm inside at work. With the time change, I'm now driving directly into the sun on both my way in to and way home from work (yes, I know, temporary). And then it seems every weekend it's either raining or still freaking cold. My skin just feels so dry no matter what I do. My hair is still staticy no matter what I do. So I'm just an all around crankypants today. 
  • Spring is my favorite season also.  Though it's been much colder than it usually is for this time of year.  We put our dog Izzy back into her sweater pajamas on Sunday.

Just trying to slog through the day.  At least my computer systems, including Access, are back working.  So I should at least be somewhat busy today trying to make up for a lot of lost time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh @climbingsingle those days are awful.

G moved to a new classroom a few weeks ago and has been really resistant to going to school lately. There's a teacher shortage obviously, so his designated classroom/teacher is open 8:15-5:15 even though the school is open 7-6. We usually dropoff at 7:45 and pickup about 5:15. That means he has to be in a different room during that little bit before and after and he LOVES the teacher in that room. I had some doubts about how he'd get along with his classroom teacher anyway (she is lovely, just very loud and boisterous and energetic, and he doesn't really vibe with that type of personality). It's made morning much more difficult than we'd all like them to be and i leave most days with him crying. I hate it. 

Work is good, still training myself to actually focus for 8ish hours a day - its hard when for 5 years my job was a lot of "be available bc we could be busy anytime" but weren't often busy.

A little cranky today bc G was up in the middle of the night for awhile and would not stay in his room. I ended up awake from 3-4 and then fell asleep on his floor until 7, then was rushed all morning. I'm going to sleep in the guest room tonight so i can actually sleep all night. 
  • My eyes have been watery lately so I'm on allergy meds.

BK is home. She puked last night. I don't think she's sick - no fever ect - but it was 2am so we figure just best for rest even if she felt 100% fine.

Nothing says parenting like 2am bath and gravol then laundry at 7am *sigh*

She's fine. She ate a granola bar and M promised if she was okay later he'd do pb triangles.
  • Morning!

I have parent teacher conferences today with both kids and have to address w/ Chiquita that she was absolutely rude to one of her teachers today - to the point that the teacher asked for my assistance in getting her back to paying attention because she was playing with stickers in class.

I have my suspicion that if it's the "friend" I think it is she's such a bad influence.  She's bigger, older and in 7th grade with a BF in HS (she claims) and lies nonstop.  I feel for the friend but she really needs more positive role models because everything Chiquita tells me about her says that this girl is seeking all the wrong attention from men.

• Trying to get ready for the trip to VA. I did workout this morning - both a physical and mental necessity. This afternoon I have my annual gyn exam. Oh joy! I'm seeing the NP for the first time because when I called in November for my February appointment, my doctor was booked until June! I'm sure the NP is fine, I've just never seen her before. I wish I could just book next year's appointment when I'm there but the office doesn't work that way. My other doctors book out the next appointment.

I have a stye again. Warm compresses and antibiotic ointment are constant but don't seem to be doing much. 
  • @banana468, now I want to play with stickers at work  Seriously though, good luck with Chiquita and talking to her about this issue.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Catching up on yesterday, I feel for ya, @short+sassy.  Unless he was just having one of those “blah” days we often get? 
    Charlotte (they’re not populating names and I can’t remember all your #’s lol), why is it so hard to find good work? My friend went through this last year.  I have to see where her refund is from contracter #1 come to think of it.  Took her money and ran

I don’t like or hate Spring.  It’s meh.  Better than winter, sure, but meh. 

I just returned my nadine west (stitchfix) haul. This time they sent $700 worth of clothes! Yikes.  I kept 2 items. They got me better this time. But EVERYTHING was a plain colored top.  I can buy plain tops anywhere. So my feedback was “while I don’t dislike plain colored T’s, I rejoined you because your ads had bold patterns and prints and designs.  Stuff I wouldn’t buy or find on my own.  A solid T has to wow me for $35.00, I usually spend $20 on amazon for those”. You’re almost there, though, kid.  Almost there. 

• I had a successful outing last night.  The vinyl listening party was great (I'm so jealous of their speakers, I nearly dropped $ last night) and my friends M and K got along magically.  I told both of them, I had no idea why I hadn't gotten them together before, they were basically the same person in different gendered bodies.  They bonded over David Lynch and Kubrick movies and just random other facts.  I thoroughly enjoyed just listening to them chat.  I also successfully just drank kombucha, which was tasty.  Both of them had checked with me beforehand to see if it was a sober event, which I SOOOOO appreciated.  I told both of them I didn't care if they drank alcohol in front of me (really doesn't bother me at all), but I so appreciated the support for me to be AF.

Otherwise, SSDD.  Nothing too much going on, really.
  • Ocala-move real estate news.  Nothing concrete yet, but we've narrowed down our search and formulated a plan.

I also had an epiphany and am really excited about the potential opportunity.  Drumroll...

USDA loans.  0% down.  Better than average interest rates.  Lower PMI costs.  They are a fantastic loan product for areas that are eligible.

New Orleans is not an eligible area, so I never really thought about them.  Ocala "proper" is not an eligible area, but some of the outskirts of the city are.  One listing was talking about being USDA eligible and that is what reminded me about these loans.

I did more research and some of the nearby smaller towns that we've been considering for our new home are 100% in a USDA eligible area.

I was already strongly leaning toward a town called Dunnellon.  It's about 25 minutes away from Ocala, but is very outdoorsy and has beautiful natural springs in it.  There is this one housing community that I love there.  We toured it during or reconnaissance visit.  It's HOA is less than $300/year.  But membership includes access to a boat ramp and small beach area located inside the community for Rainbow Springs.  There is also a 46-mile bike trail and part of it goes through.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've been lurking as of late.  Busy with work and whatnot, and then last week I got a really bad cold.  It's still holding on - I slept all weekend and still felt tired on Monday.
    My owl decoy attracts cats, so my poor animals are still under siege.  
    I am not a spring person.  But probably because here in Canada it really isn't nice until end of May.  Spring is mud and cold and slush and rain but then more snow ... When I lived in the Netherlands I loved spring!  Canada spring can suck it.