Wedding Woes

Fri-yay

Apparently I'm already done with work for the day, lol.  Our Microsoft Access disappeared again, just like it did last Friday.  They are running it up the chain again and it should be back on Monday.

But I still need to sit at my desk bored until I'm off at 11am.

Overall, it was so fun to catch up with my friend last night!  Her last tv production was an especially rough project and she is looking forward to relaxing for a few months.

For a little inside info in entertainment news, she said a Writers Guild strike is probably about to happen and the Directors Guild will be joining it.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fri-yay

• So happy it's Friday! No plans for tonight other than having some wine and catching up on shows. I'm finally getting my hair done tomorrow - my greys are taking over! After that I'm meeting up w/ a friend for lunch. 
    No firm plans for Sunday but it's going to be nice out so I'd like to do something outside. 
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @short+sassy with you! Our school lost power yesterday afternoon! We sheltered in place for the last period and a half so kids wouldn’t walk around in the dark…but we just hung out, instead of working ☺️

Busy-ish weekend, but all nice things. Definitely going to get some R&R in.
  • only an hour(ish) to go @short+sassy! How silly though that you have to sit there even if there is no possible way for you to work. Hopefully you have some personal stuff you can handle?

Finishing a project at work today that was far more annoying than it needed to be. Our alma mater girls basketball team plays tonight and we have a superstar point guard, planning to watch the game after kiddos go to bed. I need to get to the gym this weekend, i feel very "blah". 
  • I'm also already done with work and barely started lol
    The sun is out and make it seem like it should be warmer but it's not. Like it's not super cold, but it feels like it should be super mild.

Doing grocery pick up tonight to fix my plans for tomorrow - aka cleaning and showering and being left t.f alone ... - because BK is back at gymnastics and then M is picking up an air filter.
    I get to do a mask/shower, clean and drink coffee alone!

Sunday my friend A & I are doing a drums class at the gym - she wanted to do a different class but apparently doesn't look at calendar well ;) 

BK is going to IL's for a bit because timing is just really weird with A & I at the gym then  M going to the gym. Plus we know she enjoys it there.

Our kitchen cabinet came in. I may try to convince M to move some stuff so we can get it maybe set up? If it moves easily, it won't be an issue when I go to paint the kitchen. I'm actually considering painting our master bathroom first, so I don't wanna wait to build the cabinet if that happens.

I'm also making M go thru stuff.
    Our original plan was a 5 years before we considered moving, but with all the drama with condo corp we really don't wanna stay longer than we have to.
    Our major task is the basement, so I told him to go down with 2 trash bags - focus on trash but if there's stuff he sees that can donate then he can toss.
    He's kind of a pack rat so this is not an easy task.
  • Weekend will be busy!  Tonight we have the fish fry and stations, Saturday Chiquita has some sculpting for GS mid day and I need to get caught up on cleaning.  Sunday we also have an engineering GS event from 1-4 and church at 11 so that day is PACKED.  Currently grateful to work from home so I can throw in loads of laundry on my bathroom breaks. 
  • CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2023
    Oh no @short+sassy, what a waste of a day! They tell us to go home when stuff like that happens!
    @MissKittyDanger, I’m a packrat so I get it.  Tossing things is hard to do. 

Last night I went to a “paint block party” where we paint seascapes on wood.  At first I wasn’t feeling it, and just was meh and didn’t care.  THEN someone showed me that she had a black and dark purple on her paint pallet, and I’m like “oh! Where did you get black?” That changed things once I knew i could do a night beach. Lol. It was fun, but I’m not sure I need to do it again. 

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2023
    I have NO desire to do anything today.  The allergens are high and I'm uncomfortable.  Which is a HUGE change from "miserable", so I'll take it.  I did cancel my shot today though, I didn't want to knock myself out.

I just had to decline a small work event because they're doing a drawing and having alcohol.  I'm just not super comfortable with having no-alcohol conversations with my co-workers, especially since they did see me drink at the Xmas party.  I'd rather just avoid it all.  I know it'll probably be read as being aloof, but I'd rather deal with that.  I checked into where the alcohol is coming from (one of the partners owns a brewery) and they don't have kombucha or anything, so no real wiggle room.

I didn't have much to do this weekend but it just filled up.  A friend and I are going to a record swap (I have to set myself a budget and the thought is making me unhappy), then we have a gap until a comedy show that is queer!!  I'm super looking forward to it.  Said friend also knows that I'm trying to be mostly sober, so it just makes it all easier (I haven't cut out alcohol completely, but it's pretty darn close to none at all and I actively try to make avoidance decisions.  It just makes me feel terrible now).  I'll have to go see my mom tomorrow instead of Sunday, which is fine.  I'm definitely trying to be more social and not just "chill at the bar" and I love that, but I'm going to have to slow down just a tad, b/c the "overwhelming" is starting.  Honestly, between the break-up and Covid lockdowns/rules at the same time, I think I went way more feral than I ever thought.

• Casadena said:
    only an hour(ish) to go @short+sassy! How silly though that you have to sit there even if there is no possible way for you to work. Hopefully you have some personal stuff you can handle?

Finishing a project at work today that was far more annoying than it needed to be. Our alma mater girls basketball team plays tonight and we have a superstar point guard, planning to watch the game after kiddos go to bed. I need to get to the gym this weekend, i feel very "blah". 
    Now it's just a few more minutes, lol.

If by "personal stuff", you mean scrolling through Reddit posts on my phone.  Then yes, lol.

I actually do have productive personal stuff I need to do, but I have to be on the phone for them which isn't very doable in a cube environment.  I'll be taking care of those things when I get home.

@CharmedPam, I especially like the painting on the bottom left with the night sky and stars.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @CharmedPam Oh I get it. It's partly why I want M to start with trash and any obvious donations. Helps him also get lay of the area and visualize how much stuff we have and what to get rid of.
  • Well by then end of the day we will have retained a lawyer and terminated our contract with the contractor. So we’re done. 

And someone on my team who was with us for the 2-day event this week just tested positive for Covid. 
  • Well by then end of the day we will have retained a lawyer and terminated our contract with the contractor. So we’re done. 

And someone on my team who was with us for the 2-day event this week just tested positive for Covid. 
    liking to have ending contract. Not possible covid.
    To be clear.