Wedding Woes
Options

Monday

How was everyone's weekend?

Re: Monday

• Options
    Ours was nice! Friday fish fry was fantastic. Saturday we did Easter baskets a day early since they got new paint - they obviously wanted to use it ASAP. Then we went to the park, H and I each went to a yoga class, then we played outside all afternoon. At the IL's all day yesterday and it was very nice. They drive me nuts after a couple hours, but overall it was a great day. 

Hope everyone else had a nice weekend as well!
  • Options
    I hope all of you who celebrate had a Happy Easter.

I really would have liked one more day added to my long weekend, so it's been a harsh Monday.  But when isn't that true, lol.

One more month until my trip to Tahoe.  But then it's a long 2-month stretch of no days off until July 4th.  I'll need to take a random vacation day in June to make it through that dry spell.

Our inspection happened last Wednesday.  Two major defects found and one of them was really surprising.  Some of our active wiring is cloth, which I don't even get.  We had our own inspection when we bought the property about 7 years ago and that never came up.  We also hired a licensed electrician at that time to fix some issues, as well as give the house a once-over.  He never mentioned that either.  Not sure how much fixing that would be.

Underground piping is bad for half the property.  Just like what happened at the other two properties.  Kind of expected that.  We had replaced the piping for the other half about a year ago.  The half we didn't replace was still okay at that time, but didn't quite need replacement yet.  Still doesn't, but is on it's last legs.  Probably around $7K to replace.

We haven't had any repair requests from the seller.  Seems like they would have made them by now, if they wanted any concessions. But who knows.  They have until this Friday before their inspection period expires, so it is still a long time to wait.  I was surprised when I went back to the contract to see how long it was.  I feel like inspection periods are usually only 7-10 calendar days.  Oh well.  Crossing fingers they don't want anything, but that's doubtful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Weekend was good. DD and her family decided to leave yesterday instead of today so it was a hurried day. DS2 was here also. We all went to church then came home to have Easter dinner at lunch time. The kids were really confused about why lunch was so big. We did an Easter egg hunt before we went to church. The boys had a great time. It took a few minutes for the youngest grandson to catch on but he finally did. I remember when his brothers were his age and the light bulb went on about finding the eggs. Since everyone left, I've been doing laundry and remaking beds. All caught up now. Today I need to do some Italian homework. I just finished writing some answers to my Storyworth questions. If y'all don't know about that, DD "gifted" that to me last Mother's Day. Every week I get a question about my life to answer. After a year, she can "publish" a book. It really is more of a gift for her kids.  I think it is a great idea but really hate writing stuff about me.
  • Options
    Weekend was good. DD and her family decided to leave yesterday instead of today so it was a hurried day. DS2 was here also. We all went to church then came home to have Easter dinner at lunch time. The kids were really confused about why lunch was so big. We did an Easter egg hunt before we went to church. The boys had a great time. It took a few minutes for the youngest grandson to catch on but he finally did. I remember when his brothers were his age and the light bulb went on about finding the eggs. Since everyone left, I've been doing laundry and remaking beds. All caught up now. Today I need to do some Italian homework. I just finished writing some answers to my Storyworth questions. If y'all don't know about that, DD "gifted" that to me last Mother's Day. Every week I get a question about my life to answer. After a year, she can "publish" a book. It really is more of a gift for her kids.  I think it is a great idea but really hate writing stuff about me.
    I've never heard of Storyworth, but that sounds like a neat idea!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Whirlwind!

Tuesday - Wednesday we had an ice storm basically. Lost power Wednesday night around 5:30
    Thursday still wasn't on, so M & BK went to IL's because it was getting cold.
    Went to my office - no power, so grabbed laptops and headed to other office that did.

Drove highway for first time.
    Didn't get coffee until 10:30
    Also barely got work done.

Still no power after work so M picked me up at home, and we had dinner at IL's
    BK slept over.
    M & I went home.

Power came on about 10:30pm
    My mum also had no power through this - she got power back.

Friday I had a gloriously great shower {desparately needed one} and much coffee {we didn't sleep great}
    Picked BK up at IL's, and went to my mum's for early dinner {she got power back a few hours after us}

We all went to bed early lol

M & BK woke up, but I slept until 9:30am

BK had haircut Saturday and then we picked up groceries - we needed stuff and some stuff we had to toss {dairy and leftovers mostly}
    I haven't adjusted to the 2x month pay with groceries yet :\ 

We all took a nap lol

Sunday dinner at IL's
    BK & I cleaned.
    M did drawers for new cabinet so I got a ton of stuff put away and cleared out.

Next weekend BK is sleeping at my mum's place so we're taking advantage and doing some painting plus might try and do some decluttering in basement or upstairs.
  • Options
    ANDPLUSALSO

I know some of you like colour pop brand but they just announced {no dates yet} they're doing an Alice in Wonderland set :D 

I'm going to order it lol
  • Options
    I bought so much makeup over the weekend, it’s not even funny.  I love the colorpop colors, and price of course, but find they have terrible fallout.  But lately, I’ve just been lining my eyes and using mascara.  Shadows haven’t been my friend latley, in general. 

Friday I started my tat. 3.5 hours.  Round one. I may need three rounds! I knew she didn’t schedule enough time for me to finish it. It sucks walking around with an undone tat though. 
    Sucky weekend in general.  SIL is not responding to chemotherapy and actually it’s spreading.  I’m so sad.  They’re looking at alternatives.  Then I found out on Friday that on the 5th, my aunt (I didn’t know very well) passed away from cancer. Saturday my family and I found out a close family friend passed away on the 6th from it as well. She was 75 (I think?), probably the nicest person you’d ever meet, and fought long and hard with it for over 5 years since being diagnosed.  At one point we all thought she beat it but then it came back. it wasn’t a shock because she was in hospice the last few months.  My brother and SIL went to her a lot for resources and advise.  Cancer can suck it. 
    Sorry for a gloomy post.  We can go back to make-up talk now. 

• Options
    oh man @CharmedPam that's a rough weekend of news. I'm so sorry for your losses. I'll be thinking of your SIL in particular.  <3
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Another day, another mass shooting. Today at bank. I work at a bank. I just wonder when it’s going to be somewhere me or my kid or husband is at. 

Beyond that the weeks was good. I’m exhausted but the weekend was good. Holidays with a toddler are no joke and he kept saying he didn’t want to get out of his bed this morning. Even though he was awake. And asking for mama. 
  • Options
    Makeup is not my jam but Sephora’s sun safety kit is out and I can never resist all the mini sunscreens and my skin has been feeling super red lately so also picked up some soothing new products. Once I pick one thing out it’s hard to stop!

easter was great and felt very post Covid and normal which was nice
  • Options
    I’m so sorry @CharmedPam. That’s a really heavy weekend. *hugs*

weekend was busy but overall good. I’m feeling a little stressed about family stuff in general but it is what it is. 

I have so much work and homework to do today and I don’t want to do any of it. We have a concert on Wednesday so I’m excited we’re at least having a mid week break. 

@STARMOON44 Sephora's 20% VIB/rouge sale is soon and I can’t wait to stock up. 

• Options
    skin care enthusiasts: I need to add an spf to my daily regiment but most make me break out like crazy. I have a gift card to Ulta that i need to spend - does anyone have recommendations on a daily sunscreen that might be good? I am very overwhelmed with options. 
  • Options
    I came into work on Saturday, which is going to be the norm for awhile.  I've been messing about in this project, and I just knew something was off.  Well, I finally discovered what was off and instead of about 5000 pages to organize, I have 52,000 pages to organize.  I was so disgusted, I just left at noon.  I'll probably be working around 70-80 hours/week to get this taken care of.  It should've been done a year or more ago and now I have to make up the slack, as well as maintain my other obligations.

Sunday I went to see my mom for lunch and then just relaxed for the rest of the day.

Since Tuesdays are my day that I seem to always fall short on my goals, I'm having friends over for dinner and a movie.  I just bought all the stuff for my favorite veggie lasagna, a ceasar salad, and garlic bread.  I'm thinking about prepping the lasagna tonight and then just pulling it out to cook tomorrow.  We're going to watch Hedwig and the Angry Inch, so I'm getting gummy bears for dessert.  Just me and 2 other friends and keeping it casual and low-key.
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    skin care enthusiasts: I need to add an spf to my daily regiment but most make me break out like crazy. I have a gift card to Ulta that i need to spend - does anyone have recommendations on a daily sunscreen that might be good? I am very overwhelmed with options. 
    Have you tried Supergoop as a primer?   
  • Options
    I grew up in Louisville; watching this unfold today is heartbreaking. Every one of these is horrible, but there's something really awful about recognizing the buildings and area in the photos, or when my cousins are all marking themselves safe on FB because some of them work nearby.

Otherwise, today is dragging. I wanted to take a vacation day today, but I couldn't because of the 4 hour long meeting that I'm in right now. I think I'm going to bed as soon as it ends. I love hosting the holidays, but the day after is always tough. 
  • Options
    I’ve used supergoop for awhile now too @Casadena but I just bought this stuff which has niacinamide, which is great for evening out and toning your skin. I add the niacinamide to my moisturizer already and thought this could cancel out a step.  I haven’t tried it yet though! But people like glow recipe online.

https://www.sephora.com/product/glow-recipe-watermelon-glow-niacinamide-sunscreen-spf-50-P481989?country_switch=us&lang=en&skuId=2549400&om_mmc=ppc-GG_18532081096_140015651217_pla-1685985869267_2549400_626820665498_9021675_m&gbraid=0AAAAADnIXb3-viJeOA_kn59vseVvQEb6S&gbraid=0AAAAADnIXb3-viJeOA_kn59vseVvQEb6S&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIz4bmovWf_gIV3WpvBB1LuQVPEAQYASABEgIwHvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Options
    ((hugs)) @charmedpam

Weekend was good.  Family time, shopping, baking, getting outside, etc.  

Work is work.  My boss was out the last 2 weeks due to spring break and then her dad passed away, so today has been catching her up and not trying to overwhelm her.  We were supposed to have some training, but it got canceled.  I was a little annoyed because I want to get this over with, but it did clear my day.  

DH's cousin is coming to stay with us this weekend and I am excited.  She's one of those laid-back, effortlessly cool people who are just interesting and fun to be around.  We always have a good time with her. 

SSDD otherwise.  Loving the spring weather.  
  • Options
    @banana468 @CharmedPam thanks! I haven't tried those, thanks!

Currently I wash my face and use cerave moisturizer (pm, the am with spf makes me break out). I don't generally do anything else on my skin daily because it's been really sensitive the last couple years. I like Neutrogena sunscreen for a long day outside, but will give these others a try for a daily!
  • Options
    @Casadena it’s expensive but I absolutely love the Shiseido Ultimate Protector Sunscreen 

• Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @CharmedPam that's a lot, sending all the vibes, your SIL, brother and their boys have been on my mind a lot lately
    @STARMOON44 same...sephora is my "skin care and oh, they sell make up too?" store.  I love that sun care kit.  
    @Casadena my daily moisturizer is spf 50 - Dermalogica dynamic skin recovery.  I know it's at sephora but maybe Ulta too?  I know it seems expensive but you just need a small pump daily.  I have oily skin and I don't find it too greasy which is often my complaint.  

Easter was nice.  The food was delicious, mass was nice, the backyard bunnies actually made their first appearance of the season on Saturday which felt appropriate. I'm the teensiest bit worn out from family gatherings in general, my kids are the oldest (with my sister's oldest in between them) of all the cousins, and a tiny part of me feels like I've earned to sit down after dinner (once the huge cleaning-the-kitchen project is complete) and relax, bc I can trust that they're old enough to not need adult supervision constantly.  (Parents of younger kiddies here- yes, it's as awesome as it sounds.)  But I find myself in a very involved aunt role.  Right now with my youngest sis in the place she's in with her H, it's all hands on deck and i'm ready to wrangle kids and be her spare hands.   Stbxh checked out years ago and I felt a bit on my own, I don't want her to feel that way, it was really hard.  But at one point I asked two of my kids to clean up the playroom after my 2- and 3-yr-old nephews tornado'ed it...they complied, but I walked by it not 5 minutes later and one of the littles had went in and trashed it again.  (The night was winding down so I'd thought it was a good time to clean it up.) So I cleaned it up.  We're a big family and i love everyone but I almost miss the having-a-toddler-so-I-can't-help excuse, lol.  Irony being I did always find the time to scrub a couple pots even when mine were little.  But venting over, it was overall a nice holiday.
  • Options
    I grew up in Louisville; watching this unfold today is heartbreaking. Every one of these is horrible, but there's something really awful about recognizing the buildings and area in the photos, or when my cousins are all marking themselves safe on FB because some of them work nearby.

Otherwise, today is dragging. I wanted to take a vacation day today, but I couldn't because of the 4 hour long meeting that I'm in right now. I think I'm going to bed as soon as it ends. I love hosting the holidays, but the day after is always tough. 
    I know this feeling after the shooting here last year and it really sucks. I’m sorry you’re going through it. 
  • Options
    ei34 said:
    @CharmedPam that's a lot, sending all the vibes, your SIL, brother and their boys have been on my mind a lot lately
    @STARMOON44 same...sephora is my "skin care and oh, they sell make up too?" store.  I love that sun care kit.  
    @Casadena my daily moisturizer is spf 50 - Dermalogica dynamic skin recovery.  I know it's at sephora but maybe Ulta too?  I know it seems expensive but you just need a small pump daily.  I have oily skin and I don't find it too greasy which is often my complaint.  

Easter was nice.  The food was delicious, mass was nice, the backyard bunnies actually made their first appearance of the season on Saturday which felt appropriate. I'm the teensiest bit worn out from family gatherings in general, my kids are the oldest (with my sister's oldest in between them) of all the cousins, and a tiny part of me feels like I've earned to sit down after dinner (once the huge cleaning-the-kitchen project is complete) and relax, bc I can trust that they're old enough to not need adult supervision constantly.  (Parents of younger kiddies here- yes, it's as awesome as it sounds.)  But I find myself in a very involved aunt role.  Right now with my youngest sis in the place she's in with her H, it's all hands on deck and i'm ready to wrangle kids and be her spare hands.   Stbxh checked out years ago and I felt a bit on my own, I don't want her to feel that way, it was really hard.  But at one point I asked two of my kids to clean up the playroom after my 2- and 3-yr-old nephews tornado'ed it...they complied, but I walked by it not 5 minutes later and one of the littles had went in and trashed it again.  (The night was winding down so I'd thought it was a good time to clean it up.) So I cleaned it up.  We're a big family and i love everyone but I almost miss the having-a-toddler-so-I-can't-help excuse, lol.  Irony being I did always find the time to scrub a couple pots even when mine were little.  But venting over, it was overall a nice holiday.
    That sucks. And is exhausting and I feel like I constantly have to make sure my kid doesn’t destroy my parents and my in laws houses so I get not wanting to do that! You can want to help your sister and be annoyed that this is what help looks like right now!!
  • Options
    I don't know if you all remember a couple weeks ago when someone hacked my FB account and a game site (not important) I'm on.  Plus had tried to hack a couple of my fast food app accounts.  Good luck ordering Popeyes and Burger King in Thailand, stupid AH.

I had also seen where they tried to hack into my Amazon account.  When I went to check on that one, no orders had been made that weren't mine.  I logged in the next day and my password didn't work.  I also wasn't getting the prompts they were supposedly sending to my phone.  I called Customer service.  My e-mail address and my home address were fine.  My phone number was something crazy that I've never had.  Not even the area code was right.  But when I spoke to the CSR, she said the last time that phone number had changed it was over 10 years ago.  That didn't make any sense because they've texted me to my phone number before and it had previously worked.  But I just chalked it up to an error on their end.  I had that happen with my physical address and them a few years ago.

Oh, but wait (sigh).  I logged into the account for my Amazon store credit card today.  

Two purchases made to the card that weren't mine!  Totaling over $1K!  They were also done three weeks apart, which seems unusual.  Neither of those items were listed anywhere on my Amazon account.  They were only on the Amazon credit card.

Synchrony Bank is cancelling the card and sending me out a new one and I'm not responsible for the charges.  But it's upsetting and unsettling. You can't even see the 'cc number from inside an Amazon account.  I don't know if they somehow got my 'cc info from the main Amazon account or hacked into my Amazon 'cc account directly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    I have used Neutrogena (for face), La Roche Posey and EltaMD and have like them all. My derm recommended the neutrogen and Elta. A friend's derm recommended the La Roche Posey. 
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    I have used Neutrogena (for face), La Roche Posey and EltaMD and have like them all. My derm recommended the neutrogen and Elta. A friend's derm recommended the La Roche Posey. 
    I did not like the LaRoche Posey/ it felt really filmy on my skin and not that moisturizing. 

I use the Clinique line and love it! 
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2023
    I switched to Clinique skin care in my 30s when I was faced with adult acne and had no clue what to do.  Once their products cleared up the issue (and I've only tried something new one time, with diasterous results), I've never looked back.  I used their acne face bar wash.  Then I switch between the acne toner at night and this new product that I LOVE and attribute my skin absolutely glowing lately to in the morning:

Clarifying Do-Over Peel
    It comes with a dropper, but I just use it like a toner.  Then I have their anti-aging serum, then a day anti-aging moisturizer and a night version (both are for oily skin) and then an anti-aging eye cream.  All of their moisturizers have an spf to them and I don't really spend much time in the sun, so I don't add.  If I'm going to be outside (usually kayaking), I have an spf 50 on my face with no makeup and usually a broad brimmed hat to keep it off my face and shoulders directly.