Wedding Woes
Options

Terrible Tuesday

I just loathe Tuesdays, forever and always.  Worst day of the week.

I also have to have a conversation with a friend who engaged in some BS behavior last night and it's becoming a pattern.  I just really don't want to do it, but I also respect our friendship and want it to continue.  So, I guess adulting is in order, gross.

Otherwise, SSDD.  Trying to figure out work load right now; with the new software I feel like everything is just up in the air.  My skin is also really feeling the pollen this year.  I'm wondering if because most of my allergies seem to be under control with the shots (which is a welcome relief), I'm feeling the things that were masked by the other symptoms all along.  My ears and skin have been really irritated this year.  I have the spray Benadryl and I've had to use it quite a few times already for relief.

Re: Terrible Tuesday

• Options
    It's a pretty busy week for us here.  Chiquito started baseball practice, their last religious class is today, Chiquita has scouts tomorrow, Chiquito has scouts Friday and Chiquita and I are taking our safe boating course this and next week to hopefully have our certificates.  This will mean that we can legally drive the boat and Chiquita could technically drive a dinghy.

Last night my mom texted me that my dad fell on his daily walk on the street and he broke his hip.  He's in the hospital and now has a rod placed there after surgery yesterday and we're waiting to see how he does today since he was really groggy when she left last night.  She's pushing (and I will too if I have to) that upon discharge he's sent to a rehabilitation facility vs. home physical therapy rehab.  They live in an older Cape Cod and there are steps to just get up the main level and the hallways are not a width I'd call accessible.  If he needs to walk with any kind of walker and with a person near him it's going to be such a nightmare and safety issue until he's literally back on his feet. 
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about your dad @banana468!!

my friend drama is the same as it always is. My good friend “Jenny” is an alcoholic and I don’t like it. We hung out basically all day Saturday which was so nice but she drank the equivalent of 4 bottles of wine while I had three glasses and then asked me questions about IVF like “are you sure you really want kids” and “if this doesn’t work you’re not trying again right?” and “I just don’t see how you’ll fit a kid into your lifestyle.”  And I’ve been talking about how much I want a kid for 15 years, I have already explained to her how I plan to manage needing multiple rounds, and my lifestyle is I have a great job live in a nice apartment and like staying home and going for walks. And then the next day she’s all “I’m embarrassed” “I’m sorry” “I had a bit too much”. like a bit?!?! Her father has alcohol induced dementia. It’s so upsetting and I don’t say anything because she knows and because selfishly I don’t want to then have to deal with her emotions about me saying something and she won’t change. 
  • Options
    Throwing this to you folx because M & I are kinda stuck?

BK has been off since Sunday afternoon. We figured just tired because fresh air and grandma's is lots of fun.
    Low grade fever but nothing flagging except tired. Inconsistent on how she feels - tired and lies on couch, then has a 10min dance party?
    We did give motrin as a precaution before bed as she said her head hurt too.

Monday whining she's tired. Teachers even said she seemed off. M explains situation - she'll be tired, and lying down then gets a song she likes and she's up bouncing around.
    Last night no fever - if there was it was super mild as we kept saying "is she warm from lying down or is she warm?"

Seems extra tired and snacking more constantly, which flags me for growth spurt but the mild fever? M says that throws it all off.
    Could be allergies and just mild allergy fever {I get those when I'm fairly congested} I did give allergy meds this morning as she was complaining about being stuffy.

I suggested to M it may be worth keeping her home some point this week but we're unsure and granted currently playing on how she feels.

Thoughts?
  • Options
    @VarunaTT, I hope your day gets better.  Sorry to hear you need to have a difficult conversation with your friend.

@banana468, that's horrible!  I'm so sorry to hear about your dad!  I hope for your all's sake he is able to go to a rehab facility, upon discharge.  I know you've mentioned before that you don't like your parents' house for them, as they start getting older.

I hadn't really thought about it but, "in the land of retirees" that we are moving to, few of the houses have stairs.  Now I'm going to keep my eye out to test my theory, lol.  We saw one house in person when we were out there visiting that had stairs.  But it was a rare historic, 80+ year home.  Most housing inventory was built in the last 30 years.  We've seen over 100 listings and I don't remember another one with stairs.  It helps that land is relatively cheap and most lots are fairly large.  Apparently they build the houses "out" instead of "up".

You're more likely to see "walk-in tubs" than stairs, lol.

Ugh, I desperately need to see a dentist.  I've been putting it off, but need to make the time because it hurts to eat and drink.  I have pain in three different teeth, which also makes them really sensitive.  I've been drinking room temperature beverages with a straw.  I'm not sure why it's suddenly a bunch at once.

Later today, it's a rare weekday grocery trip.  I have to pick up prescriptions at Walmart and we're low on essentials.  We might throw a Costco trip in there.

Speaking of Costco, I am SO MAD!!!!  The Ocala area doesn't have a Costco, just Sam's Club.  I asked them the other day if I could get a pro-rated refund when I cancel my membership due to moving.  They said they refund back the whole year, but warned me that my Costco Visa with Citi would be cancelled.

I called Citi last night to see if I could switch to a different type of Visa card with them.  But still keep the same credit line and all that.  No, they can't.  Okkkaaayyy.  Not sure why they want to lose customers but, whatever.  That's not what I'm mad about.

One of the stupid things with this card is the rewards are only paid out once a year, in January.  They are paid out as a "check" that's basically a Costco gift card.  So I asked if my rewards could be used as a statement credit instead.  No, I can't.  They are FORFEITED if I cancel my membership, which closes my card.

So now I have to do a song and dance.  Where I won't cancel my membership until after I get my rewards check in January.  Then I'll make the 90 minute drive to Orlando or take a weekend beach trip to Clearwater (2 hours away) where the closest Costco's are, to get my rewards and cancel my membership for a full refund.  Such a bunch of AHs.

It's also a shame because that Citi visa is one of my favorite cards.  I get 3% back on restaurants and travel, which are about the only luxuries I buy for myself.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    They just promoted a coworker of mine and he is now my manager. I'm really unhappy about it. It feels like a demotion and i moved to this team specifically because i loved the director. I have nothing against this coworker at all, he's great aactually and we worked together frequently in my last role here, i just feel very stuck and like i keep making the wrong moves. I like my company and my job and it shouldn't matter what "level" I am, but it feels embarrassing to have been here for 6 years and not moved up at all (at a company that is very supportive of that generally). Not a fun way to start my day and it's the one time i'm thankful that my allergies are horrible and my eyes are red and puffy - no one suspects I was crying in the bathroom for 10 minutes. 

@VarunaTT and @STARMOON44 i'm sorry about the rough friend situations. 
    @ei34 I'm sorry STBExH is still being a dick - i can' imagine how difficult it is to hold everything together for everyone and still try to be supportive of them seeing him. You're doing a great job. 
  • Options
    @ei34 we were thinking that? but she's eating a lot still and that usually falls off when she's not feeling well.
    It's so weird. The only thing we can think is that maybe her body is fighting it and that's why it's so intermitten.
  • Options
    @ei34 yes I know my mom can still handle the house but it's going to be harder on my dad as he ages.  And I do "get it" that moving is harder especially when they have roots like living so close to my dad's brother.  

My ILs moved up here and it was a great move but they bring up how my parents haven't left repeatedly.  If that comes up with this latest discussion on my dad I am going to likely leave the room.  I already told DH that I'm not going to listen to any verbiage that sounds like an "i told you so" or "Oh this is so hard on you since they're not here."  Neither of those help me.  I know where they are and what we've discussed.  

I'm sorry about your STBXH and the idiocy of his comment.  
  • Options
    Exhausted. 

M had the stomach flu this weekend, work is unrelentingly busy, and while it was sunny and 80 this weekend it snowed this morning. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, where I currently live, the Sam's Clubs are a lot better because they are a lot bigger.  But they're all in the suburbs.  Whereas Costco is in NOLA proper, so that is where I switched to about 10 years ago.

But if I had an equal choice, I'd always choose Costco because of how they are as a company.  They treat their employees well, while Sam's Club treats them like poo.  For such extremely similar types of stores, it's really striking how different the benefits/pay are.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2023
    Oh I’m a loyal Costco member not for convenience but the nutrisystem gift Card program.  My parents have Sam’s, and there’s some stuff I’d like from there, but they can always give that to me