Wedding Woes
Options

Groggy Tuesday

I'm battling a hormonal headache but know it'll be gone by tomorrow.  I slept well last night but I'm also kind of tired for some reason.  Whomp whomp.  How's everyone else on this foggy, rainy morning?

Re: Groggy Tuesday

• Options
    It is sunny here but breezy and a little cool. If it wasn't breezy the temps would be perfect (mid 70s). I went for a short walk with puppy. He is on a hunger and water strike. Hopefully he will adjust quickly. We are getting ready to take him to the beach for the first time. Should be interesting.
  • Options
    I feel the same @ei34 - slept great, but kind of crabby and tired anyway. 

I've been pretty consistent with working out the last few weeks and i can tell because I'm itching to run or row later (and I hate running). 

I have my first parks registration clustef*** today - trying to sign the boys up for swim lessons and/or gymnastics!
  • Options
    Also feeling the same in that I slept well but I'm still tired. This weather is killing me. I feel like I've had a sinus headache since Saturday. 

I have a physical later with my new PCP - my last on retired this year. 
  • Options
    I'm really really over the nonstop dreariness.   My backyard is looking lush but I'm also wearing long underwear and my space heater is on me.  It would be nice if it was spring-like and warmer!

• Options
    Woo! In less than 4 minutes I got both boys signed up for swim lessons in June and gymnastics in August. I'm so excited :) (Also it's insane the things you get excited about as a parent....)
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, it looks great!

Not much going on.here.  I was absolutely positive it was Wednesday when I saw the title of this post and had to look at a calendar to make sure I was right.  But I was not, lol.

Santana is playing at Jazz Fest on Thursday and it's "locals day", so tickets are only $50 to get in.  I'm tempted to take a vacation day off work and go.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    Woo! In less than 4 minutes I got both boys signed up for swim lessons in June and gymnastics in August. I'm so excited :) (Also it's insane the things you get excited about as a parent....)
    You are in the Chicago area right? DD signed her boys up for parks camps this summer and is excited about it too. They have gone to a parks pre-school the last two years and loved it.
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    You are in the Chicago area right? DD signed her boys up for parks camps this summer and is excited about it too. They have gone to a parks pre-school the last two years and loved it.
    Yes! NW suburbs. I've heard from lots of parents that our parks district is super competitive and waitlists are huge for activities so I was ready to log on immediately. Our first choice gymnastics was full at 10:03 (opened at 10) but I got our first choice swim and 2nd choice gymnastics so i'm not upset!

I wish you could sign up multiple kids at once since they're close enough in age that they're in the same classes but each activity and each kid has to be separate. Glad I was able to get them in the same classes!
  • Options

Not much going on.here.  I was absolutely positive it was Wednesday when I saw the title of this post and had to look at a calendar to make sure I was right.  But I was not, lol.

Santana is playing at Jazz Fest on Thursday and it's "locals day", so tickets are only $50 to get in.  I'm tempted to take a vacation day off work and go.
    that would definitely be an amazing show!!!!!
  • Options
    Good news - not strep again
    Bad news - viral.

Dr advised to treat symptoms. Might be only issue of whatever I have, but should clear up shortly. Advil is giving me ability to swallow again - so that's a perk.
    My appetite sucks. I literally had mango mochi for dinner because it was soft. Cold is not my friend but at least it's okay today.

M is still battling his bug but slowly getting better.
    I absolutely detest sleeping in the same room when he's sick. He has stink breath and snores. It's the worst.

Penny has discovered how she can watch Jellybeans and not be too close - M's computer chair. Lol Solid spot to watch him
  • Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2023
    Good news - not strep again
    Bad news - viral.

Dr advised to treat symptoms. Might be only issue of whatever I have, but should clear up shortly. Advil is giving me ability to swallow again - so that's a perk.
    My appetite sucks. I literally had mango mochi for dinner because it was soft. Cold is not my friend but at least it's okay today.

M is still battling his bug but slowly getting better.
    I absolutely detest sleeping in the same room when he's sick. He has stink breath and snores. It's the worst.

Penny has discovered how she can watch Jellybeans and not be too close - M's computer chair. Lol Solid spot to watch him
    I was wondering what Penny would think of Jellybeans!

My H and I could not have had small creatures with either our previous cat Nip or current cat Maple Bar.  They were/are hardcore predators and would terrify a small animal, even if it was safe in a cage.

MB stalks and hunts our dog Izzy all the time.  She is less than half her size.  It's hilarious!  She'll try and hide behind something that often isn't big enough to hide her.  Like a shoe.  She'll slink down and stare at Izzy without blinking.  But her excitement is betrayed by her fuzzy butt rapidly flexing where a tail would have been (she was born without one). 

Both Nip and Maple Bar were/are Manxes.  That breed is known to be good mousers. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

IDK why you're still just tempted, I would've jumped on that train ASAP.  Santana would be an amazing show to see, and only $50?  That's amazing.
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Casadena said:
    Casadena said:
    Yes! NW suburbs. I've heard from lots of parents that our parks district is super competitive and waitlists are huge for activities so I was ready to log on immediately. Our first choice gymnastics was full at 10:03 (opened at 10) but I got our first choice swim and 2nd choice gymnastics so i'm not upset!

I wish you could sign up multiple kids at once since they're close enough in age that they're in the same classes but each activity and each kid has to be separate. Glad I was able to get them in the same classes!
    There has to be a better way.  I've had this struggle with my kids too.  Alarms set to try and get one of the limited evening slots for parent-teacher conferences as opposed to getting stuck with a day time session and having to take time off from work.  Booking the Christmas photos in January.  Waking up at midnight when religion classes release to try and get all the kids in class for the same day and time.

I booked the kids' summer arts camp (at the high school) the day it came out in late February...texted a few friends that the classes had been released and the couple who said they'd look into it were closed out when they tried to enroll a day later.  Everything is a rat race :/  but I've definitely also thought that I wish I could enroll multiple kids at once instead of having to go in over and over again.  Congrats on your summer success!
  • Options
    Yesterday was a lot. I drove over 200 miles between going from my house to my parents to grandparents and then back all the way around. Lunch with grandma and mom was good, although grandpa was on a “200 questions asked 10 different ways” kick and it was exhausting. Then we went back home and my dad was being a sour patch kid since he had been left alone for a few hours so I had to help manage that plus help my mom with stuff around the house. Her neighbor and a huge support system for her is moving away in a few days and I’m really bummed about it. 

My ankle and knee are honestly more of a mess than I was hoping and I’m getting worried about it. My knee is actually getting worse and the ankle is just swollen and painful and hasn’t improved really at all. I’m sure it’s because I haven’t been able to stay off it as much as I need too. It’s upsetting to not really be able to work out too. I can only do so many core and upper body workouts and those only go so far when I can’t supplement with cardio. Ugh. We’re going to Yosemite in a few months and that’s stressing me out too. I have big hiking plans. We were supposed to do a 17 mile hike to half dome and then a 25 mile hike around The Valley and I will be so upset if I can’t do either. 

• Options
    VarunaTT said:

IDK why you're still just tempted, I would've jumped on that train ASAP.  Santana would be an amazing show to see, and only $50?  That's amazing.
    I knew Santana was coming, but just found out this morning it's on Thursday.

It's not so much the $50, which is a fantastic price.  Normal Jazz Fest ticket prices are $95.  As it is taking a vacation day because I hoard those, lol.

Plus, there is a lot I don't like about the Festival.  It's a looonnggg day, out in the sun, with no shade anywhere.  There's no re-entry.  It's overcrowded, especially for the headliner shows, though Thursday is better for that.  The food and drink lines are super long for extremely overpriced stuff.  I realize all of that's about the same for any kind of festival.  I would never pay the normal price of $95 for all of that hassle, but $50 gets it into my "worth it" range.  Even $95 is still a great deal for people who aren't as curmudgeony as me because this event draws big names.  For example, Lizzo was there this last Friday and people raved about her performance.

Although pricey, the food itself is great!  It's a lot of local vendors with unique offerings, like crawfish beignets.  Definitely not the typical hamburgers and hot dogs.  My tenant on the other side of my personal duplex is part of a local Indian tribe.  They have a food booth there and he brought me and my H some of their fry bread this past weekend.  Yum!

At any rate, I'm going to talk to my H tonight and gauge his interest in going on Thursday.  He's an even bigger fan of Santana then I am.  He's 10 years older than me so that is square in his music generation.  But he's also more curmudgeony than me, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @""short+sassy"

The day Penny discovered Jellybeans.
    You can see him by his food

• Options
    Good afternoon.  Nothing as fun as a sore neck from sleeping on it wrong. Ugh. 

I'm glad I'm WAH today because I've had a lot going on and being in the office would have almost been more distracting. 

SSDD otherwise.