Wedding Woes

Weary Wednesday

Maybe this is what bears feel like when they wake up from hibernating?  Still sleeping super hard and waking up groggy. But, I'm working from home today, so that's nice.

I did volunteer to take the extra cases.  I'm fine with it.  It does bother me though that there are some negative nellies in my office.  They're all just saying supremely unhelpful things about me doing this. While I'm not a Pollyanna, I do try to maintain a positive attitude at work and sometimes I wish they'd just STFU if they can't say something at least decent if not supportive/nice.  I'm very well aware of my professional capabilities, I know my work and worth, and if I didn't think I could do it, I wouldn't. It's just exhausting at times, people thinking they need to insert their opinions and those opinions aren't helpful. Just don't speak.  It's okay, I don't HAVE to know your opinion about every little thing.  Go post it on your FB or journal.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I don't have anything to do today.  There's a lunch concert on the next block that I'm thinking about going to, but also I'd have to get dressed and that sounds terrible right now.

Re: Weary Wednesday

• @VarunaTT Me this morning too. It's been raining all week and not helping.
  • Not much.
    Sore throat slowly dissipating and what I can't handle, I've got cough drops and tylenol helping.
    Soft and warm still best, but I am able to eat normal foods without it hurting.

I am at the "feels dry so will cause coughing fit" portion - so I'm about to put a water bottle by my bed. Happened 2x last night and ended up drinking from bathroom sink with my hand to help.

Jellybeans was excited to see me despite it being 3am and I'd rather not be awake - he ran to the edge of the cage when I came over :) I'm giving him until weekend, and then I'll be slowly taking him out to get a feel for human touch in evenings.
    I swear this is the longest hamster I've had. Even M was shocked - when we got together, I had a hamster named Kirby and he was pretty tiny.
    Jellybeans also has big ears. I'll try to get a good shot, but it always surprises me when I see them lol

M is slowly getting over his cold/flu/plague. I wish it would hurry up and go because urg sleeping by him is a fkn nightmare.
    Stinky breath and he snores because he's stuffy. I spend a lot of time shoving his face away from me.
  • Not so much a weary Wednesday as a boring Wednesday.  Not much going on.

My H and I decided against going to Jazz Fest to see Santana tomorrow.  My H loves him, but didn't think his music would translate very well in a large outdoor atmosphere.  I don't necessarily agree with that, but if he didn't especially want to go, I didn't want to go enough to talk him into it.

Plus, we leave for Lake Tahoe next Friday and I'm already taking two vacation days for that trip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Baby M took a hard fall yesterday at daycare. Huge blue goose egg on his forehead. Thankfully for signs of concussion but it was a rough night. We sent him back today but feeling all the mom guilt and worry. 
    I get the guilt, the perk is kiddos when young are fairly resilient.
    BK has fallen and gotten a goose egg from tripping over her own feet.

LET ME TELL YOU A STORY {just so you don't feel alone because this situation was on my watch}

When BK was just shy of 5 months {it was some point in I believe October} I put her in middle of the bed as I was getting dressed. I prepped edges because she was learning to roll but rarely went far - she mostly wanted to be on her belly - and I heard via monitor Angel throwing up. I realized since I heard in monitor, he was in BK's room.
    I grab a towel, check BK that it was fine to leave briefly {middle, blocked edges, etc}
    Run into room, deal with cat puke and as I'm coming back BK has SOMEHOW moved to the bottom of the bed, and just as I get to the bed she rolls off on to the hardwood!

BK crying.
    I'm crying
    I rush to pick her up - no damage on surface level - and sit on the bed, panic-crying and calling M to come home and check {he's got first aid training and could check for concussion}
    He comes home, and we've made it to the living room but I'm still crying {BK is perfectly fine at this time}
    M checked her, no issues but we call clinic for signs etc.

I'm still crying

She ended up being fine but good lord the guilt. I made M work from home the next day because I was still paranoid and now suddenly worried that my dr office will call CPS {they wouldn't obv}
  • Hopefully the extra cases gives you the merit raise you want @VarunaTT

i’m starting to really like my rothy’s.  Any tips on the best time to buy, where to buy, coupons, etc? Because as much as I like them, they’re $$$ 

also anyone ever been on Spironolactone and what were your thoughts? Doc gave me a script for hair loss but the more I read on it, the more I’m leery about taking it.

• Puppy slept much better last night - I guess he has adapted to our temporary home at the beach. Still windy today but sunny. We did take him for another beach walk. With the exception of wanting to investigate the jelly fish he does really well. He is a hunting dog so we aren't surprised he wants to sniff their carcasses. We are going out to dinner tonight at one of our favorite restaurants to celebrate our anniversary (it was last month right after FIL passed away). Last night we went to dancing on the Green. It was fun. They had a DJ not live music but it was still nice. We met so very nice people who live here permanently. We hope to go back next Tuesday. H just left for a bike ride so I'm going to snuggle with the pup and read.
  • @charlotte989875 DS had a bruise on his forehead from like 9months - 2years. That child never stopped running and fell or ran into something all the time, very often on my watch. Don't feel bad, it happens. 
  • @missJeanLouise that is my N. Never not bruised, but always smiling.

I'm wearing an underwire, lightly padded bra today for the first time in like, a year? I feel like boobs are in my face, it's odd. 

Going to try to get in a short row and short yoga after G is asleep tonight. H and I are both off tomorrow to take him in for his 90 day bloodwork and IV chemo. He also starts his 5 day steroid course tomorrow so he'll be in a little pain and super crabby for the next week :( 

N and I are going to my cousins kiddo's 1st bday on Saturday and i'm excited to see some of my extended fam! A couple of my cousins live in the CHI 20 miles away and it feels like we're cross country, lol. I need to get a gift this week too. Should be fun though!

• @charlotte989875, I'm glad baby M is doing fine other than the bruise after his tumble.  I'm sure he's not concerned about it at all, it's the parents who understandably worry!

My mom's child-rearing trauma was when I was a baby.  It was in a far away time when most people used cloth diapers.  She thought she was pushing the safety pin through the diaper layers, but accidentally jabbed me hard with it.

She said she cried a lot longer than I did.  She still gets upset when she tells the story.  I jokingly reassure her that I have no memory of it.

But what I do remember is accidentally breaking my sister's collarbone when I was only 4 and she was about 8 months.  It was one of those cribs where, if you pushed a lever underneath it, the side of the crib would come down.  That design has now been banned for decades.  And I can tell you why from first hand experience!

I was playing peek-a-boo with her.  Where I would hide under the crib and then "pop" back up.  We were laughing and playing the game for a little while.  She was standing in the crib, holding onto the side and leaning over to try and see me.  Then I accidentally hit that lever.  She went rolling end over end out of the crib and hit the ground.  Fortunately it was onto carpet, but she still broke her collarbone.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @charlotte989875, (hugs) DefConn fell out of my arms as a baby and landed on his head.  He was fine, but the knee I used to break my fall was fucked up for weeks.  They were more concerned about me when we got him checked out than him since he was acting normal and I was limping.  

Also, from about 4 until 8, DefConn's legs, especially shins, were never not bruised from knee to ankle.  :) 
  • That is how the twins are! DD said something to their pediatrician at a well check about how their legs were always covered with bruises. The ped said that was the sign of a healthy active child.
    That’s a great way to see it!

• Hugs @charlotte989875. I used to nanny a baby/toddler. One day as I’m watching him he develops this huge bruise on his head. I start panicking thinking, when could this have happened?! I’ve had eyes on him the whole time! They’re going to think I hurt him! Parents came home and go “oh yeah, he fell on the fire place mantle last night. He had a huge goose egg last night but it calmed down so we thought it was fine.” Um, would have been nice to know both to look out for signs of lethargy and also so I know you won’t blame me for it! 

Work today. I’m just making it through and looking forward to the weekend already. I have a meeting for work tonight but otherwise it’s all SSDD. I need to schedule a mani-pedi this weekend. 

• Thanks everyone! I know he’s fine, and that kids get these, just sucks when it’s at school and I’m at work and someone else is there with him initially. 
  • mrsconn23 said:
    @charlotte989875, (hugs) DefConn fell out of my arms as a baby and landed on his head.  He was fine, but the knee I used to break my fall was fucked up for weeks.  They were more concerned about me when we got him checked out than him since he was acting normal and I was limping.  

Also, from about 4 until 8, DefConn's legs, especially shins, were never not bruised from knee to ankle.  :) 
    That is how the twins are! DD said something to their pediatrician at a well check about how their legs were always covered with bruises. The ped said that was the sign of a healthy active child.
    I love when dr's say best things at the time!

BK ate cat fur at like 6m and we asked if that was ok {I was worried about hairballs - this is where my brain goes}

dr said "it's fine - boosts the immune system"