Wedding Woes
Options

I'm singing the "Working on Memorial Day" blues

At least traffic was great.  I hope the rest of you are having a good 3-day weekend, for those it applies to.

I met with a different realtor on Friday, regarding selling my own house even though I am not looking to do that yet.  Long story short, I had entered my info on a website from a commercial.  I THOUGHT it was one of those companies that buy homes.  Though I figured out it actually farms you out to their local broker for your area instead.  They do have a unique system for selling, but I feel pretty loyal to my own REA.  I'm thinking I might have her try selling the duplex that my current agent tried to sell and wasn't able to.  It would be a good test to see which system works better, since we already did the normal MLS route for that one.  But at least she is going to run comps for me.

There is a neighbor family who owns at least 6 houses in our neighborhood, some of them family members live in, some are rentals.  They've already asked us for "first dibs" when we are ready to sell.  In fact, one of their family members used to own my house.  I strongly suspect they expect me to give them some great deal and won't pay a fair price but, you never know!  They're already acting entitled to the house and told my H that selling to them is "the right thing to do" (eyeroll).  Just in case they give us any guff, I'd like to have comps in my hand to show them, "Here's the value.  If you don't want it at X price, someone else will buy it for that."

The REA from Friday told me, since I'm waiting at least a couple months to fix things, then I should shoot for listing it after Labor Day because the summer isn't great in our area for selling.

As if by ESP, my own REA contacted me this weekend about a great comp she found for one of my rentals (currently vacant) I am about to put on the market.  I asked her about selling in the summer.  She said it is usually a busy time.  But, with the Feds having just raised rates, mortgage rates are now in the 7s and she's already seen a slow down (sigh).

I am really nervous!  I don't want to be a doomsdayer too soon but, if it's an ugly market to sell in later this year because of interest rates, I might put off my FL move for longer.  Which I would really, really hate to do because it has already been too long.  High interest rates are a bad situation to buy or sell a house and I'd be doing both.  Hopefully it's just for the high season of summer and they'll start pulling back later.  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm singing the "Working on Memorial Day" blues

• Options
    @short+sassy  It's so weird those companies that just buy homes. I always assume they're flippers so they'd buy you too low.
    After M & I are done stuff to/in our house, we're going to have our realtor come and look. We're not selling but want more ideas.
  • Options
    Weekend was good.

Friday BK had a bit of a tummy bug and we figured since she was ok by bed time {bath & gravol} she'd be fine.
    Saturday she was okay, but she got hit with the exhaustion part. Gave her food, and sent her back to bed for a bit. That seemed to help because when I got her up again, she was more lively.

My mum came over early because her bf was suppose to do a job, so she was coming to help etc. M had to pick up some stuff anyways, so win-win {he got to use her discount at the grocery store ;) }
    I don't like hosting things. It stresses me out and gives me anxiety.
    So about an hour before people came, I was having issues - my mum told me to go lie down for a bit {tends to help - like a reset lol}
    It did - unfortunately my stomach turned later, which is either tiny stomach bug related or anxiety ... or both?

Party went well though. It was too warm out so we didn't go outside, but M was out there cooking for awhile. I kept rehydrating him, but he may have gotten a touch heat stroke.
    We all crashed early Saturday night lol

Sunday we planned lowkey.
    Filled up BK's water table and anticipated to just chill in the back for awhile.
    My mum ended up coming with plants and soil for my front door, so BK ended up helping her.
    Mum's bf came with iced coffees and smoothie for BK :) 
    When she was done, we went to the backyard so BK could play.
    The 5 of us had a impromptu water fight lol - started with mum's bf splashing BK, ended up M pulling out pressure washer {that has a gentle option lol}
    We all got soaked and it was so funny.

Since we have a ton of leftovers, I pulled out fruits and veggies mid-afternoon to pick at.
    Around 4:30 I pulled out the hot dogs and burgers, and salads and basically told M & BK to grab what they wanted to eat.
  • Options
    @short+sassy  It's so weird those companies that just buy homes. I always assume they're flippers so they'd buy you too low.
    After M & I are done stuff to/in our house, we're going to have our realtor come and look. We're not selling but want more ideas.
    That's usually the case and it's a waste of time.  But it doesn't take much time and you never know.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's usually the case and it's a waste of time.  But it doesn't take much time and you never know.
    They aren't popular but we have a few here. I've never heard/seen success though

• Options
    They aren't popular but we have a few here. I've never heard/seen success though

I contacted a company like that months ago, when I first decided I was going to move.

Their prices were too low, but not crazily so.  It's a little different when it is investment properties because the buyer is literally going to start making money on the day of closing.  So when a property is already in decent condition and rented out, it's more a question of if the expenses make sense vs. the purchase price/monthly loan.

But the negative of selling a multi-family house vs. a SFH is it's pretty much only going to be an investor buying it and there are a lot fewer of those folks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Side note - things are moving fast and furious now that merger has been approved.

We're waiting on court approval but basically my company officially ends Wednesday :( 
    Admittedly this is a lot sadder now than I anticipated.

Andplusalso I just booked June 20th off cuz BK has a school picnic and I wanna go :) Maybe we'll just take her home early 
  • Options
    kerbohlkerbohl member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I had a crazy weekend.  I went to a medieval faire and saw full metal jousting, but that wasn't the crazy part.

Saturday I was out in the morning taking the dog for a really long walk.  We both came home tired so I didn't check the animals outside right away as I wanted to sit for some lunch.  But my chickens were being crazy loud.  I assumed they heard me come home and were begging to be let loose in the yard.  So I went out, and the one was still under the coop essentially screaming.  So I poke her to get out and ... my red chicken comes out with half her feathers ... and significantly skinnier ... and a different eye colour.  And I see my actually chicken at the other end of the coop.  My coop has two LOCKED doors, and there is no getting in, and there is a third chicken in my coop!  So, I can't figure this out.  I separate them immediately, because creepy new chicken.  

So it turns out, my neighbour who just learned on Thursday that I had two chickens and saw a chicken loose in the morning.  They assumed it was mine, but I was out so they put this chicken in my coop because they only saw my one chicken.  So mystery solved how this chicken got into a fenced yard and then through two doors, but still no idea where it came from.  I think someone abandoned it because it is moulting.  It laid an egg today so ... free chicken I guess!

• Options
    kerbohl said:
    It laid an egg today so ... free chicken I guess!
    And more free eggs too! Lol, but that is hilarious at how they thought they were being helpful!
    nothing changes in your company @MissKittyDanger? I think I missed news of the merger 

• Options
    @kerbohl, the biggest mystery was how the new chicken got into the coop.  So at least that was solved!  Pretty funny.

There are a surprising amount of chickens roaming around New Orleans, despite it being a medium-sized city.  They usually stick to specific streets, but those streets will have several of them walking around all the time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So crazy that someone put that chicken into your coop! But at least you figured it out. 
  • Options
    @CharmedPam yes and no. I've been kinda dealing with this since end of November - we've been unable to fully move forward without OSB {our governing body} approval.

We're a mom & pop company moving to a corporate company basically. We all did kind of a "jack of all trades" stuff, where new place is more stream lined?
    But the bonus is there's more chances on moving around and more money to be given {plus their vacation time is really good}
    So there are benefits but we all are struggle-bus right now to get to the end of the merger in order to not be beyond stressed.