Wedding Woes
Options

Friday

Annoyed that my boss is actually asking me to do my job today - it's chilly and stormy and I want to clean my house and then read a book all day. This is why i hate WFH. What's up for the weekend?

Re: Friday

• Options
    There’s a work meeting today. They never block my schedule for these and then expect me to attend. How? I have literal patients scheduled during the meeting? 

Otherwise SSDD. I’m nervous for the day. It’s Friday the 13th in October in Healthcare. My schedule is a hot mess today. But I got to talk to my grandmother this morning and she seemed well and it was nice to catch up. We are supposed to do a movie night with SIL and BIL tomorrow. It’s so hot here it’s almost insulting. How are we supposed to have fun Halloweeny nights when it’s 97 degrees during the day? I have the itch to make some beef stew but it’s just way too friggen hot. Looking forward to watching the last Love is Blind episode, the next GBBO episode, and starting the House of Usher. Monday I finally have my dermatologist appointment and my Pulmonology appointment. 

• Options
    I'm with you all on the work annoyances.  I don't usually have meetings I have to go to.  But an impromptu one was set up yesterday, for this morning.

Meetings on a Friday?  Come on!  Plus Fridays are my half day, so I'm always extra short on time with just my usual stuff.  And today is timesheet day, so that is another extra thing to do.

Hopefully I can get all the "musts" done and leave on time because I'm ready for a nap and it's not even lunch time, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    As work procrastination yesterday I cleaned out my closet. Donated about 10 items and organized my closet. Found a couple things that i totally forgot about that can be returned to Costco. I've also finally learned that pastels are just not my thing and I need to stop buying them. Need to clean out my extensive scarf collection today too and then hopefully I'll be in a good spot with clothes for the winter. Also starting to collect toys and stuff that the boys don't use much so we can donate a bunch before Christmas. My mom is the only one who actually listens when we ask for no toys (seriously, we have like 50 trucks...theyy're not small either). So i'm anticipating a deluge of stuff coming in a couple months. 

Our fam pictures were supposed to be this weekend but it's rainy and cold so they're moved. She originally gave us a rain date for next weekend but now says she's full. So i'm bummed, but hopefully we can find a date for a quick session before it gets too cold. Both boys were up 2-3 times each last night and came to my side of the bed - so i didn't sleep more than a couple consecutive hours. 

Trying to finish this thing for work and then doing stuff around the house. Hopefully make some cookies or something too :)
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2023
    I’m feverishly cleaning my house since my parents and aunt will be here after lunch.  They don’t call me last-minute-Pam for my stellar time management!
    We went to a Kindness Gala yesterday and it was a lot of fun.  Of course they advocate being nice and saying nice things to people and doing nice things. (It’s mainly a cancer awareness fundraiser but envelopes all things kind).
    I was buying a 50/50 raffle ticket from the organizer’s daughter and when I bought them she said “I like your style”
    (I had just finished joking about wanting the winning ticket and I thought she was referring to wanting that lol). “I saw you walking around and you look really cool.  You have my kinda style! Oh and those tattoos!” She said.
    Granted, she is bringing compliments to everyone.  But it made me feel good. And how often do we go up and compliment people? I may do that to some random womans article of clothing here and there… but you never hear “you seem really cool” from strangers.  I’m going to try it! Step out of my comfort zone…..But maybe I should only do it at kindness galas and not random gas stations or something? Lol

@levioosa, my halloween groups are talking about House of Usher, and say it’s good.  I’m not gonna lie and say I didn’t think it had to do with the singer/rapper when I first heard it…. No idea it was Edgar Allen Poe.  But I’m not big on Poe either. Ok. 97? This isn’t fall!!!
    @charlotte989875, you have a cutie on your hands! Was that text for a lock down or something? Eeeek

• Options
    @short+sassy our set work meetings are always on Mondays (after clinic hours, btw, mandatory, and I don’t work Mondays so I have to commute in an extra day) and on Fridays. Why do they hate us lol

• Options
    @casadena I feel the same way about pastels. I like them but I need to stop trying to make fetch happen. I’ve always wanted to do one of those color match consults, where someone comes and tells you your “season” or whatever. It’s just seems fun even though I pretty much know overall what colors look good. I just can’t justify the cost.

• Options
    levioosa said:
    @casadena I feel the same way about pastels. I like them but I need to stop trying to make fetch happen. I’ve always wanted to do one of those color match consults, where someone comes and tells you your “season” or whatever. It’s just seems fun even though I pretty much know overall what colors look good. I just can’t justify the cost.
    Same. Pastels are just not it for me. Jewel tones for me. 
  • Options
    I can get away with some pastel colors.  Light purple/lavender is one of my most flattering colors.

But most yellows, including pastel yellow, is the worst on me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2023
    I'm so tired, but it was worth it to hang out with DH late into the evening.  We missed each other a lot this week. He brought me home the coziest Boston hoodie. 

He's going to NYC next month and he's really bonded with the station manager there.  Apparently, he's got all sorts of plans to show DH around outside of work and even go to a Nets game.  DH is adorably excited.  

Tonight, we're just planning an at-home hang. Tomorrow, we're hoping to go to the pumpkin patch (weather permitting) and then FIL is taking DefConn so DH and I can have a date night.  It's been a minute since we've gone on a planned out date.  The restaurant we're going to is in an old theater and the menu looks awesome.  And then it's our regular Sunday-funday with food and football on tap.  I think I'm going to make the season's first batch of chicken corn chowder.  
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Same. Pastels are just not it for me. Jewel tones for me. 
    SAME!  I look so good in a deep purple or a turquoise or royal blue.  Light pink or soft yellow?  Hell no.  
  • Options
    Busy-ish weekend ahead.

DH opted to upgrade our phones with the new Google Pixel 8 Pro and we were up til after midnight getting them set up.  I have the new watch and that's not totally done yet but is close (i think!).

Tonight is a pack meeting for Cub Scouts so I need to get Chiquito dressed and set for it.  Then I know I'll turn into a pumpkin and fall asleep.  But speaking of pumpkins I want to string our lights in front of the house for Halloween!

Tomorrow it's going to be ugly weather again.  There's a meet the candidate event at the local HS for town government and my FIL is running for office.  I want DH to go as support because there are some serious insults being hurled his way by candidates running for the opposing party and they're pretty hurtful.  It's local government and some people are writing letters insulting him like town zoning is heading for national office.   Chiquita has a soccer game and we have been asked to bring the EZ up for the team for shelter so we need to get in for warm ups and take that in.  The rest of the evening should be free.  Sunday morning Chiquita has Confirmation class and DH and Chiquito are on a pack hike.  Chiquito has a soccer game at 2:30 and by 4:30 I think our weekend plans are done.  Hooray?? 

DH also has something gnarly with his foot and has to see the doc this afternoon.   Poor dude has had this on and off for two weeks and with his anxiety I can see him concerned. 
  • Options
    Our schools are on high alert so there’s that in addition to the usual Friday the 13th nonsense.  Tomorrow is looking like yet another rainy Saturday and I want to do some deep decluttering- checked with exH to see if he wanted to take the kids for a few hours but he declined. 

Boo on that temperature l@levioosa crisp air is part of the fall fun 
  • Options
    It was for an immediate pickup @charmedpam so not lockdown (thankfully I may have actually had a heart attack). They do this if there’s something unsafe at the center or in the area where they need the kids out. 

We did also just hear a bullet was found at a school in the town next to ours. Scary times. 
  • Options
    I am over today and this week.  Thankfully, except for taking my mother to get her car ready for winter, I don't have anything else to do.  Going to pick up new Rx today after work and then hunker down with some hot tea, a book I need to finish and return to the library, and my cat.  My new subscription mocktail box came in and so far the mocktails are delicious!  

Harley scared me badly last night.  I heard her doing something in my bedroom.  I go to check on her and see her with her head under my dresser.  I say her name and she doesn't meow or move her head/body at all.  I immediately panic thinking she's stuck and say her name again.  Again, no meow/movement.  Now I panic thinking she's died on me.  I shout her name and reach down for her, when she finally moves her dang head, looks at me and meows like, "WTF?!".  Her toys were under the dresser and she couldn't reach them.  Gah!  That was my cardio for the evening.

• Options
    Oh dear, Harley! Don’t do that to momma! 

• Options
    Not cool Harley!