Wedding Woes
Options

Thanksgiving Eve

Thankful to this incredibly supportive, warm, and smart group of women!

Re: Thanksgiving Eve

• Options
    The roads were so empty coming to work today, I imagine people are either working from home or took off.

This evening I'll be making the sweet potatoes with pecan crumble topping, the clover rolls to the rising stage, the pasta for the Mac & cheese, and a coffee cake.  That way tomorrow I'll just have to make the mashed potatoes, the cheese sauce for the mac, and bake the rolls.  We go to mass in the morning and I don't have youtubeTV anymore so I'll probably throw last year's parade on YouTube and hope my kids don't notice, lol.
  • Options
    @ei34, Me too!  Totally agree.

I was super busy at work yesterday.  I have some urgent stuff to get out today, but shouldn't be too bad.

Both Thurs. and Fri. are holidays at my work.  But since Friday is normally a half day for me, the half day moves to today.  So I'll be off at noon, plus I'm WFH.

I haven't done any packing for our trip yet, but am planning to sneak in a few minutes here and there while I'm working.

I also need to get our "house tour" planned.  My H and I are going to "pretend" we're shopping for a house in Cincinnati.  We're making a list of all potential houses currently for sale.  Then we are going to drive around and look at the outsides.  We figure it's a good way to get a feel for different neighborhoods that are in our price range.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I’m officially on vacation until Monday. Well I need to get one request out this morning but then I’m done! I’ve also caught yet another daycare virus from M even though I wasn’t completely over the last one. I have to run out for two errands today but other than that I’m napping and doing laundry and watching re-runs of law & order or great British baking show! 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2023
    You said it best @ei34, thankful for all you ladies
    LOL at last years parade.  New tradition; parade watching are all previous year. They probably wont!
    That’s a good idea @short+sassy.  Also, drive by in the evenings when people are usually at home, to pick up on noise and action. Although, not many people out in November.

Ugh.  I went to a boutique shop on friday and bought 3 tins of what sounded like good teas.  I don’t normally drink tea, but I kinda do want to get away from coffee.  All three teas don’t have the taste they say they do.  It’s all just tea and I spent $48 on them! Simpson & Vail if you want to avoid it.  I googled steeping times and I’m in the right range.  David’s tea has been the only stand up tea I have found. Right now they have 25% off, but what if they do something better on Friday? I’ll hold off JIC.
    Should be a slow quiet day with an early out.  Everything seems like Monday’s problem at this point. 

• Options
    @CharmedPam Yay!  Glad to find another David's Tea lover!  I'm a little disappointed right now, b/c their advent box is exactly the same as last year.  I always look forward to their packaging for it b/c it's always so clever and aesthetically pleasing, so them not having a new one this year was disappointing.  I'm going to do an advent calendar from a local tea company this year.  I don't recall that David's really does anything better than the 25% off, but some individual things might go on deep discount.  I highly recommend their hot cocoa tea -- it has all the flavor of hot cocoa without being so heavy and sticky-sweet. 

I'm just ready for the work day to be over.  Some good friends came into town last night and I had completely forgotten, so it was a nice surprise to get the message, "When are we meeting?"  Spent a few hours last night with them, catching up, and eating dinner, and just laughing our faces off.  I truly enjoyed it.  might see them this evening as well, but that's a bit up in the air.  They leave Friday.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I'm looking forward to 4 days off.  I have more ornaments to make, food to eat, and sleep to have, plus playing with Harley.  I never really realized how much pets added to my life until I went from pets, to not pets for 6 years, to having a cat again.
  • Options
    Even though it’s not what you want good for you for putting yourself out there! @MissKittyDanger. It’s always good to practice interview skills if nothing else. 

This morning is rough. I got an instant flat tire on something I couldn’t even see on the freeway. Managed to get off the freeway and to the gas station but I am missing out on work the entire morning and I’ll be out $400 for this stupid tire. I also work in a really terrible area so I’m keeping my eyes peeled but out of the entirety of this street I’m on, this is literally the best spot I could have pulled so I’ll take it. This was a sign I should have requested today off lol. 

Thankful for all of you ladies! I hope everyone has a good holiday! 

• Options
    @MissKittyDanger, I'm sorry the job isn't what you are looking for!  But if they give you an offer, use that to negotiate a better deal where you currently are. They don't have to know you aren't planning to leave!

@levioosa, not quite as traumatic, but I've had a slow leak in my tire for awhile and my H got a new one put on yesterday.  Apparently there was a nail in it!  I'm surprised it wasn't causing me more problems.  It normally would have been a $200 repair, but it was a fairly new tire and still under warranty.  So my portion was only $45.

I hope that's the end of your bad luck for the holidays.  Nobody needs a surprise $400 bill at this time of year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker