Chit Chat
Options

Day-of Timeline

Does this day-of timeline make sense?
For reference, I want to take photos at a location that is a couple blocks away from the venue. Ceremony and reception are in the same place. I used a lot of photographer timelines and info from the Knot to compile this.
What am I missing/suggestions for improvement?

Re: Day-of Timeline

• Options
    An 8 AM start time for a 5 PM ceremony seems like an unnecessarily long day.
  • Options
    MobKaz said:
    An 8 AM start time for a 5 PM ceremony seems like an unnecessarily long day.
    I agree but I know it depends on the size of the wedding party and how many stylists/makeup artists are there.
  • Options
    Consider the overall length to the day for that 8AM start of breakfast, seems early especially if anyone isn't in town the night before for any reason!!!  Add in more flexibility for things like "Take in the moment!" ... 

FWIW - With your grand entrance, move that up to 6:15/6:30 as that's the tail end of the cocktail hour - walk straight to the cake and do the welcome toast and cutting then!  It otherwise tends to be a lot of climbing over everyone to get out from the head table to the cake table and back to do it while people are eating - including your WP!!  This also gives you the chance once you sit down to eat - to actually EAT!!  You also might consider doing the group photo right then before people sit down to eat or as they're walking out of the ceremony and start the dinner at 6:45 with the toasts worked in when the head table is waiting for cake to be served..   Anything that gets you more time to mingle/selfies with the people there to celebrate with you as many will have to leave shortly after dinner.  Depending on your venue, some of the end of the night aspects will change because of venue cleanup, gift table, etc. logistical aspects.  
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    As long as the bridal party isn't required to be there at 8am I think it's fine.  I've been a BM several times, I'd definitely just show up at 2pm for BP photos in the dress ready to go (I prefer my own hair and makeup), make sure you give your BMs that option and you're good.

Only other thing is I'd probably move the best man and MOH toasts to earlier in the reception, upon entrance, if possible.  I hate public speaking and I've been a MOH a couple times- definitely nice to get that over with asap so I can relax/have a drink, etc.