Wedding Woes

Monday

My new phone came Saturday until today.  I apparently ordered the top tier model, which I didn't realize I did, but it's okay.  I don't get new phones very often, so I'll enjoy one for the next 5 years minimum.  It has some cool new features too.  I have the new Galaxy S24 Ultra.  The AI things on it are....nice, but also kinda scary.  My case doesn't get in until tomorrow.  I didn't think the phone would be here until today.  

Bossman is leaving for a few days for family stuffs.  I'm glad, I need the break from constant interruptions.  Ooo, this means I can work from home tomorrow!!

I've had to buy Harley some more calming things.  She seems to be settling back down; I think my having a vacation and being home constantly for a week, then going back to work, really messed with thing.  But the yowling is making me irritable and anxious.  However, she did push a button yesterday!!!  Maybe the buttons will start to work out.

Otherwise, SSDD.  I was lazy this weekend and did basic household chores and that's it.  I did watch Asteroid City, which I really enjoyed.

Re: Monday

• CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 29
    I saw a commercial for that one @VarunaTT, and for someone who heavily filters her pics, it kinda piqued my interest but then I remembered I like changes that don’t look fake.  FaceApp FTW still lol

had a lovely weekend.  My friends and I drove out to Wisconsin for the winter realm ice castles.  Everything was melting and slushy at opening weekend.  With the temps being the way they are this week there could be a chance that they will have to close. And they’re supposed to start ice sculpting this week but can they even do that? It’ll be in the 40’s all week. 
    but remember, global warming isn’t a thing. 
    Then we started talking about things we wanted to see and do AND WE PURCHASED TICKETS right then and there.  That’s the difference between them and my other friends.  Get yourself friends who buy the tickets right away and commit to outings. My other ones always say “we should do this” and it never happens. My brain works like this; “we should do this” click purchase. Put it on my calendar. Go. 

• I am having trouble with the nerves in my upper arm.  It's been going on for at least a month or so, but I really aggravated it yesterday and it's so much more painful.  Not constantly.  But it used to just briefly bother me once in awhile throughout the day.  Now it's regularly flaring up.

I read up on it yesterday.  Not much that can help.  I think it's from the way I have to use my arm at a desk, both at work and at home.  Neither of those chairs sit high enough for how high the desk is, so I'm always slightly raising my arm too high.

The online advice was don't use/strain it...yeah, okay.  It's my right arm, I have to use it and have to use it to do my work.  Take a muscle relaxant.  I haven't done' that yet.  I'll try that today.  But I had prescription muscle relaxants when I had sciatica (also a type of nerve pain) about 10 years ago and they didn't do anything.  And exercise the arm.  I have been gently stretching it and it helps in the moment.

Do they make adult-sized booster seats? Lol.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I posted a Monday thread bc I’d refreshed and didn’t see one, even though Varuna got one going almost an hour ago…hope my TK isn’t glitching!

Healing vibes @short+sassy  and yes yay for friends who commit instead of saying they’re in without taking action @CharmedPam

Weekend was nice. Chores and errands with the Bronx Zoo, lots of delicious cooking and a three-day family movie night sprinkled in. It took Fri-Sun bc it was long (thought the kids were finally ready for The Sound of Music…forgot what a crush I used to - and I guess still? Lol- have on Captain Von Trapp 🤤). Bringing chicken cutlets, roasted broccoli and a saffron rice to a friend being discharged from the hospital today after work. Otherwise pretty ssdd. 

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 29
    @short+sassy I have issues with my ulnar nerves that are so painful when they flare up.  The nurse I used to work with recommended Motrin for that, b/c of the medicine Motrin is and it seems to help more than anything else did (except the one time I had leftover ketoralac for menstrual cramps that was magnificant for these flareups too).  I have a bag of frozen peas that I slap right on the area until it's painfully cold and that helps too.  I have special stretches that I do every day to keep it from happening again.  I also took the arms off my office chairs and specifically don't buy chairs with arms if I can avoid it.  I have to avoid sitting with my head in my hands too, b/c that'll make it flare, but that's probably different for you.  Nerve pain is a special kind of misery, I'm sorry.
  • @short+sassy as a fellow shortie I feel your pain. My desk at work looks all sorts of weird because I have my desk lowered, my chair raised up, the arms down, and a stool for my legs. But it’s the only way I can be semi ergonomically correct. I hope you feel better soon. 

Rushing around today. I have jury duty again. I had to pay for parking because the free parking was all taken. Otherwise SSDD. 

Is anyone else watching the new True Detective season on HBO?

• Happy Monday!

I wound up postponing Chiquita's infusion scheduled for tomorrow because she had a fever yesterday and a sore throat today.  Test results are showing it isn't Covid or flu but they still want her at least 24 - 48 hrs fever free before getting infused with something that taxes her immune system.  She's THRILLED about having to wait for another week. 
  • levioosa said:

No,  but it’s on my list! Good?

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 29
    levioosa said:

No,  but it’s on my list! Good?
    DH and I are contemplating starting it.  We've watched the other True Detectives. I'd love feedback on it though.  

Helloooo!

Good afternoon.  We had a decent weekend.  BIL/SIL/nephews were here for the weekend.  It was a little hectic, but it's all good.  SIL and I escaped for a little bit yesterday to get our nails done. 

We have a freaking mouse. We found the evidence in the pantry this morning.  I am terrified of mice (long story, but we lived in a house with an infestation problem when I was a preteen/teenager and it was nightmare of seeing them alive or dead).  DH has ordered mitigation products that just arrived and we're cleaning out the pantry from top to bottom tonight.  I refuse to open the pantry door at the moment, LOL.    

I'm officially on vacay countdown.  Thursday morning can't come soon enough.  I'm just hoping my anxiety can stay at bay (spoiler: it's not going well so far).  It's the worst when I feel like I want something too much or am too excited about a thing.  Ugh.  Anxiety brain is the worst. 

Anyway...It's SSDD otherwise.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    We have a freaking mouse. We found the evidence in the pantry this morning.  I am terrified of mice (long story, but we lived in a house with an infestation problem when I was a preteen/teenager and it was nightmare of seeing them alive or dead). 

I'm officially on vacay countdown.  Thursday morning can't come soon enough.  
    Someone will have to take up Prudence Thursday.  And make ‘em the juicy relationship ones. :)

yay vacation! Booooo mouses (It’s probably not just one).

• Oh mice are the worst!!

If you're about to go OOT I'm with you to clean out anything and seal up what you can.   It's hard to go absolutely mice proof but getting the nuts and chocolate sealed seemed to help.  

DH needs to replace it but we also have a mouse trap in our garage that will do a quick kill.  I'm not a fan of sticky traps and I'm not even sure if they're made anymore but the trap he had is battery operated and the mice are quickly shocked and go into a holding bucket.  I don't use it or empty it and it's been on DH's chore list.  That said it seems to help keep them at bay

However just on Saturday we were packaging up stuff that I brought to my parents' house.   My cousin's son had a baby and I brought the old pack and play down.  As we opened it acorns fell out and my mom agreed to wash it so the cover won't have any remnants on it.   
  • @mrsconn23 @CharmedPam H and I like it so far. We only watched Season 1 before. Season 2 didn’t quite hold our interest. A lot of the negative reviews are heavily skewed with misogyny and racism so there’s that. I am struggling with some other aspects of the show (like the fact that it involves an international component and that would pretty much be automatically taken from a small town sheriff) but otherwise we are finding it enjoyable. They may also address that more as the season goes on. We’ve only just finished episode 2. Some of the negative reviews also just completely have no idea about the cultural dynamics in small town Alaska. My uncle used to provide medical care to small rural towns that you could only get to by plane. It’s a different world and very little in the lower 48 can really be close to relatable.   

• banana468 said:
    Oh mice are the worst!!

If you're about to go OOT I'm with you to clean out anything and seal up what you can.   It's hard to go absolutely mice proof but getting the nuts and chocolate sealed seemed to help.  

DefConn will still be here (BIL is coming to stay with him).  We found evidence in the nuts and those have been ditched and chocolate stays in the fridge.  We have traps that DH will set up and we also bought some of those sonic repellent things you plug in and they make a high frequency noise.  Here's hoping they don't even make it past the threshold. 

We think they either came up through our crawlspace under our sink  (there's a small hole they could have entered through that we're closing up ASAP) OR that they hitched a ride with BIL/SIL.  SIL's mom's house is a hoarders paradise and they know there's a mouse infestation issue there.  They've been SUPER careful, but stuff from her mom's house has come back to our house (for SIL to sort through) and who knows if they had a tiny, unnoticed hitchhiker.  
  • mrsconn23 said:
    banana468 said:
    Oh mice are the worst!!

DefConn will still be here (BIL is coming to stay with him).  We found evidence in the nuts and those have been ditched and chocolate stays in the fridge.  We have traps that DH will set up and we also bought some of those sonic repellent things you plug in and they make a high frequency noise.  Here's hoping they don't even make it past the threshold. 

We think they either came up through our crawlspace under our sink  (there's a small hole they could have entered through that we're closing up ASAP) OR that they hitched a ride with BIL/SIL.  SIL's mom's house is a hoarders paradise and they know there's a mouse infestation issue there.  They've been SUPER careful, but stuff from her mom's house has come back to our house (for SIL to sort through) and who knows if they had a tiny, unnoticed hitchhiker.  
    If they're baking nuts then keep them in the freezer because the oils may go rancid.

But stuff like roasted peanuts if you're eating them fast they may smell but should not be able to penetrate plastic or glass storage containers.

• I am having trouble with the nerves in my upper arm.  It's been going on for at least a month or so, but I really aggravated it yesterday and it's so much more painful.  Not constantly.  But it used to just briefly bother me once in awhile throughout the day.  Now it's regularly flaring up.

I read up on it yesterday.  Not much that can help.  I think it's from the way I have to use my arm at a desk, both at work and at home.  Neither of those chairs sit high enough for how high the desk is, so I'm always slightly raising my arm too high.

The online advice was don't use/strain it...yeah, okay.  It's my right arm, I have to use it and have to use it to do my work.  Take a muscle relaxant.  I haven't done' that yet.  I'll try that today.  But I had prescription muscle relaxants when I had sciatica (also a type of nerve pain) about 10 years ago and they didn't do anything.  And exercise the arm.  I have been gently stretching it and it helps in the moment.

I had this problem (not a high enough chair) and bought a seat cushion from Amazon. There are several types available. I have one that is memory foam: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RCV3MRP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details This is the second one I bought to put in my car to relieve hip pain but it works in a chair also. I don't know if it would give you enough height but it might.

I had this problem (not a high enough chair) and bought a seat cushion from Amazon. There are several types available. I have one that is memory foam: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RCV3MRP?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details This is the second one I bought to put in my car to relieve hip pain but it works in a chair also. I don't know if it would give you enough height but it might.
    Thanks!  I joked about booster seats for adults.  But your post prompted me to search that term in Amazon and lo and behold, I found seat cushions advertised for shorter people.

Mostly of the reviews talked about it giving them a boost in their car.  Which was a little weird to me, because I've never had that issue in a car.  But hey, if it works in a car than it should work for an office chair.

I found one that will add about 4" of height and ordered it.  Hopefully that works. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @short+sassy you drive a mini right? My mini cooper was the first car I felt relief driving, because it felt like it was actually made for someone short like me. Every car before that I needed a booster seat lol. Now cars are made with fancier lift functions to the seats so I’ve been able to make do with those. 

• I admit that my car is a mom mobile driving a Honda Odyssey but the seats are pretty customizable.  I'm 5'4" arching my back and have longer-ish legs that are about the same as DH who is 5'10" but I still need things moved around when I get in so I can touch the pedals and see.  It works for me!    

That said, I fully acknowledge that while I'm into driving my minivan and love it's functionality it's not for everyone.  
  • levioosa said:
    @short+sassy you drive a mini right? My mini cooper was the first car I felt relief driving, because it felt like it was actually made for someone short like me. Every car before that I needed a booster seat lol. Now cars are made with fancier lift functions to the seats so I’ve been able to make do with those. 
    I do still have my MINI Cooper!  But don't drive it much anymore.  The window fell out of the convertible roof (sigh).  It's still intact but supposedly there is no way to put it back.  I need to research that further.  I spent a fortune on a new roof and it was only 5 1/2 years old, but I was 6 months out of warranty.  Such bullshit.

But I need to do something about the car.  We have extremely high car insurance rates here and I think I'm paying over $200/month for full coverage on a car I barely drive.  Plus we'll be moving sometime soon and I'm certainly not taking it with me.

But my main car nowadays is a small pick-up truck and I've previously had bigger cars than the Cooper.  It's just never bothered me that I sit lower.  I don't really notice.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker