Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

short+sassyshort+sassy member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited May 7 in Wedding Woes
I had my 30-year diaversary on Sunday, ie 30 years since my T1 diagnosis.  Worst.Cinco de Mayo.Ever.  But at least now I remember the date, lol.  It's a milestone that I'm pretty proud of.  I definitely haven't been perfect managing my disease.  But I've taken good enough care of myself that I don't have any complications, other than gum disease. 

I saw my former tenant (L) on Saturday because he was volunteering again at his tribe's Jazz Fest booth.  He is the one thinking about buying my house, though it is still very early.  I gave him a number and he didn't say "no way"!  So that's the first positive step, lol.  I followed up with an e-mail that included my price, as well as the status for major systems/house condition.  Which was pretty much my "brag" list of all the renovations we have done over the years, lol.  With a 2-week old roof being #1!

He replied to my e-mail last night that he is busy with a trial this week (he's an attorney), but he would look more into it this weekend.  It would be awesome and make my life easier/smoother if he buys the house, so I'm hopeful.  But both my H and I are tempering our expectations.  L is one of those people who is energetic and is always full of ideas for things he wants to do.  But doesn't usually follow through.  Prove me wrong, L!  Lol.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    I hope it works out with your former tenant @short+sassy! Do you have a timeline of when you’d want to try and list it?
  • Options
    Officially back to work one week from today and I’m in my feelings about it. About how we don’t provide adequate leave or childcare for families, and how while I’m thankfully I had as much time as I did it still doesn’t feel like enough especially with a baby who was sick so often. Ugh. I know it will be fine eventually but I’m going to enjoy every bit of the next week! 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    All the vibes your way @charlotte989875 and yours too @short+sassy, you handle it along with everything else on your plate with grace 

So on Saturday the kids and I were walking to our local botanic gardens for their annual spring fest and we were struck by a car! (Feel silly saying hit, bc it was traveling slowly.) But it was a real shock. The car was stopped at a stop sign for a good ten seconds as we approached the intersection. And it was stopped behind the sign, so many cars go through the stop sign and stop at the actual corner. So I thought we were good to go. His head must’ve been down or something bc he stepped off the break pedal when we were directly in front of his car. Two of the kids were on my right, farthest from the car, and one DD was on my left..I was able to swing her around just in time, but the car bumped me and I fell on top of the kids. I was in such shock. Police arrived within a minute and got what was needed from the driver (who was extremely apologetic). Thank God the kids are physically fine (we were checked by paramedics in the moment and again at the dr Sunday morning). They were shaken up and upset though. They went back to school yesterday though, I thought the sense of routine would be good for them. 
    I’ve been dealing with tendinitis in my ankle for over a month and the fall exacerbated it. But no new injuries, just cut up palms from trying to soften my fall on top of the kids.  Took off from work yesterday and today though, I have the documentation so thought why not 😉 getting a lot done around the house, but I’ll definitely return to work tomorrow. But that’s my big update!
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I need to go over the "to-do" list with my H, but we should be just about ready to list.  Exciting!

I've also found some decent short-term rental options in Cincinnati, which is a relief.  My first foray into that where a couple websites that cater to that niche.  But ((choking!)) oof they were for high-end places and 25-30% more than what the already higher rents would normally be.  Mostly sleek, modern condos in the downtown area.

I understand I'll pay a higher rent for something shorter-term.  But a basic apartment is fine and I found some smaller complexes more like that, who offer 6-month leases for about half the monthly rent of the trendy places.  As a last resort, I've also found a number of extended stay motels.  That would not be...great, to say the least.  But we can manage for a few a months, if we had to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @charlotte989875, I'm sorry you're down to the last week!  I know it must be hard.

@ei34, I am so GLAD you and your kids are okay!!!!  That's incredibly scary.  You just never know sometimes.  I hope it doesn't aggravate your ankle more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I’m so glad you’re okay @ei34 how scary! I’ve had a driver roll through a stop when I was running once and it was terrifying! 
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    @ei34 - how scary!  I'm glad you and the kids are OK.  
    @charlotte989875 - I'm sorry your leave is almost over.  I'm sure it's a big change.  Give yourself some grace.
    @short+sassy - Lot's of big changes coming for you guys!

Weekend was pretty good.  The trip to see SIL was OK but DH's family are loud talkers and speak over each other.  That gets exhausting.  Sunday I cleaned the patio & grill, put out the wind chimes & shepherd's hooks and set up a new hose in the reel.  Last night we bought hanging baskets and put up the hummingbird feeder.  The greenhouse didn't have their porch pots yet so will need to get them later this week.  I need to put down more mulch.  A friend from work may have a hydrangea bush for me as she's splitting hers.  I'd love to have one.

Tonight I'm going to dinner with a friend to celebrate her birthday.  DH is already pouting.  He's fine by himself for a few hours and I need time away.

Took the cat to the vet this morning.  She cooperated pretty well and it went smoothly.  Got home and she hid behind the couch for a while.  THEN I realized I didn't have them clip her nails!  It was listed in my appointment request but they must not have seen it and I forgot.  They are like razors too.  I do have clippers so am going to attempt to do it myself.  

• Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    edited May 7
    @ei34, very scary but glad you’re such a quick thinker and as weird as it is, glad you were on the side of the car because you probably could have handled that better. Yikes though!
    @charlotte989875, it is too soon, and like you said, with a child who tends to be sick
    @short+sassy hopefully he likes the price and can take it off your hands

We have tornado warnings. Normally i pull my garbage bins out of my garage today, on Tuesday, for Wednesday’s pick up, so when I leave my house I see them by my car.  But with these awful winds and rain, I brought them back in. I’ll have to set an alarm to take them back out before leaving tomorrow.
    AHS Delicate released all the series late last month, and I started them on Sunday.  I have 2 eps left.  I like it! I didn’t like the last few seasons but they took it back to creepy again. The talk was all about Kim K, but she’s third billed.  She’s not really a star. This is more Emma Roberts and Matt Chi - I can’t pronounce his last name.  Logan from Gilmore Girls.  Him. 

• Options
    I'm so glad you and the kids are ok @ei34. That is so scary. I know this week will fly by @charlotte989875. I'm sorry your leave is coming to an end. 

Not much going on here.
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    That's so scary @ei34. I'm glad you all are okay and it wasn't at a higher speed. 

*Hugs* @charlotte989875 Leave in this country is a joke.

I feel much better today than I did yesterday. I think (hope) the situation which sent me into a tail spin has resolved, or at least that I don't have any real cause to worry about it. I'm 99% sure that whatever is happening has nothing to do with me, but nothing is worse than getting a phone call about a legal matter unexpectedly with no context. But oof did that just wreck my whole day. Something to bring up in ***therapyyyy*** Poor H was telling me it was probably fine and not to spiral and I was on the couch in full Victorian swoon "this is it, our lives are over. We'll have to sell the house. I don't have any other marketable skills! Why did I pick this career?" But I finished the whole new season of Selling the OC in my attempt to calm down so that's something lol. Unfortunately we didn't get to go to Costco because I was in full panic mode. But at least we got a walk in around some nice neighborhoods nearby. 

Otherwise, SSDD. 

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    Oh my goodness @ei34!! I'm glad you and the kids are OK, but so scary. 

((hugs)) @charlotte989875.  You've not had an easy leave and I'm sure you were hoping for at least a little bit of 'normal' before this time.  

@short+sassy, good luck with the home stuff.  I hope L isn't flaky this time.  Also, 30 years is a long time to manage a disease, but you really seem to do it well and take care of yourself.  

Low-key Tuesday.  It is our primary day, so I'm planning to go to the polls when I finish up work for the day.  

Also, I am loving pre/probiotic drinks.  Aldi's has some pretty good ones that are so much better priced than the Poppi's and Olipop's out there.  

Right now I'm just bracing for the storms that are supposed to hit in the next hour or so.  They look like they could be a little on the nasty side.  
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! J napped with me then I figured out home to use our new air fryer and made chickpea snacks so that’s a win! 
  • Options
    Hope everything works out okay @leviosaa. Work scaries and the worst scaries and I definitely understand the spiral to losing your job and this everything else.