Wedding Woes
Options

Prudie Thursday

I went home after work and got enough battery life for 99% of my lawn. I had three small passes under a tree left and then my battery died! Argh. But I did set up service for when the cicadas come.  Lawnstarter just requires 3 cuts minimum, and I think that should get me through the cicada infestation.  Although, last time I tried using them, everyone quit on me anyway.  I think my gate is of average width but I don’t know if a riding lawnmower can get through.  We’ll see if people keep on quitting on me again anyway. 
On my Alaska trip there’s a “local city shot glass” exchange and some sort of fancy flannel contest party.  Fancy or whacky.  I can’t remember…. Anyone got any ideas for rare flannel that could win a contest? Looking at you, Canadians, this is your wheelhouse…

Re: Prudie Thursday

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    Etsy for the flannel?  There are some fun Dolly Parton ones. 

Last night, I legit gave up after work. DH was better than me and cleaned out the barn, but he needed that pent up energy to go somewhere.    

I went to the store and spent like I was a kid in a convenience store with an unlimited budget (~$23 in reality, LOL) and we had snacks for dinner because I could not muster an ounce of fucks to cook anything.  We watched the 3rd ep of The Jinx season 2 and went to bed before 10. We were spent.  

Today is much better.  I have my one meeting today in a few and then I'll post Prudie. 
  • Options
    ei34ei34 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Flannel in Alaska sounds about right! I have a comfy pair from Lands End but they wouldn’t win any contests lol 

Yay for the snack dinner @mrsconn23

Squared away Mother’s Day plans for Sunday which feels good. Oldest DDs birthday party is this Saturday and I have virtually nothing done on that front. 
  • Options
    We are back in Chicago for a quick watch the kids trip. Going home tonight after SIL and DD are home from work. I wish we were closer so we could help out more with childcare but it is what it is. DS2 is coming home tomorrow for Mother's Day or we might have stayed for the weekend. 

In the process of planning another girl's trip this fall (the perks of being older). This time with a group of college friends to the Oregon coast. Haven't looked at the price for flights yet though. Also, haven't told H about the plans yet. LOL he was just kidding me yesterday about my world galavanting. I think he was kidding.......
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    mrsconn23 said:
    Yes! Didn’t even think about etsy! Thank you.  I didn’t want to spend too too much in this since I’ll probably never wear it again lol - and found a “Nashville” one for $20.  That’ll work!

snacks for dinner is a win.  Sadly, living alone, something I do often.  Cheese and crackers can really fill me up sometimes.  You deserve a day off from cooking.

@ILoveBeachMusic, I’m so jealous of your escapes

• Options
    @CharmedPam, those sound like fun, cruise events!

Maybe a onesie flannel with a back hatch.  But when the back hatch is open, instead of it showing your butt, it's a piece of fabric with an Alaskan and/or cruise ship theme.  If that diamond art hobby you have can be used on fabric, you could add bedazzled touches.

Though I am definitely not qualified to be discussing flannels.  Not Canadian or anywhere near Canada, lol.

I forgot it was Prudie day, so looking forward to that.  Busy day at work, but nothing too bad.  Not much else going on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That’s actually a very good idea, @short+sassy.  I could use two sided fabric tape along the “nashville” emblem and use all my extra drills around it. I have a feeling, being a diamond painting group, a lot of people will do that though. 

• Options
    That’s actually a very good idea, @short+sassy.  I could use two sided fabric tape along the “nashville” emblem and use all my extra drills around it. I have a feeling, being a diamond painting group, a lot of people will do that though. 
    Oh!  I didn't even realize you are going with your diamond painting group, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh!  I didn't even realize you are going with your diamond painting group, lol.
    That just makes it all the better lol! 

• Options
    mrsconn23 said:
    Yes! Didn’t even think about etsy! Thank you.  I didn’t want to spend too too much in this since I’ll probably never wear it again lol - and found a “Nashville” one for $20.  That’ll work!

snacks for dinner is a win.  Sadly, living alone, something I do often.  Cheese and crackers can really fill me up sometimes.  You deserve a day off from cooking.

To be honest, when my kids were young I didn't make time for girls trips so now I'm making up for lost time lol!

• Options

To be honest, when my kids were young I didn't make time for girls trips so now I'm making up for lost time lol!

I was just talking about this the other day with my friend.  She joined meetup and is GOING EVERYWHERE! She said she regrets not doing it in the past (was a SAHM), but at least now she can and now she’s making all the memories.  I mean when she married her H they didn’t have much money, but currently he owns a successful business so it helps that she has time and money now lol.  

• Options

I was just talking about this the other day with my friend.  She joined meetup and is GOING EVERYWHERE! She said she regrets not doing it in the past (was a SAHM), but at least now she can and now she’s making all the memories.  I mean when she married her H they didn’t have much money, but currently he owns a successful business so it helps that she has time and money now lol.  
    I think it is pretty common with my generation - at least with my friends. We are now all empty nesters and planning all sorts of things. Of course we are also planning stuff with grandkids at the same time! I see DD and her friends doing things together (which I think is great) but realize they also have more disposable income than we did at the same stage of the life.
  • Options

The two things that stop me from traveling WAY more often, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    edited May 9
    @CharmedPam which cruise line/when are you leaving? Our trip is in late June and we're doing a Princess cruise and I can't wait. My dumbass didn't even think about packing flannel shirts, which is funny because I'm A) always cold now, B.) it's Alaska, and C) my little bi heart loves flannel anyways lol. Also I was clicking through Prudie so fast I got to the Thursday post and started reading your initial posting and I thought, "what an odd Prudie" at first. 

It feels like it should be Friday. Alas, it is only Thursday. Not too much is happening over here. I'm planning some hang outs with friends. One of my new year's goals was to contact and see three old friends during the year. I'm trying to reopen up my social circle. I'm not a social butterfly by any means, but at this point in terms of friends I actually see regularly...it's just H and I have to branch out beyond that. 

ETF didn't need the accidental emoji in there 

• Options
    CasadenaCasadena member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    I left early yesterday to mow the lawn before all the rain we're getting on and off today. It's my favorite chore - sun, exercise, and mowing patterns? Love it. 

We're finally biting the bullet on a cleaning service and I'm looking forward to see how it works out for us and if it really frees up a lot of time. 

Meeting a friend tomorrow for drinks after work and trying to decide between a small downtown area for pizza/wine bar or busier (But more options) city center for Mexican/margs. I have to pick this time and I can't decide!
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    I left early yesterday to mow the lawn before all the rain we're getting on and off today. It's my favorite chore - sun, exercise, and mowing patterns? Love it. 

We're finally biting the bullet on a cleaning service and I'm looking forward to see how it works out for us and if it really frees up a lot of time. 

Meeting a friend tomorrow for drinks after work and trying to decide between a small downtown area for pizza/wine bar or busier (But more options) city center for Mexican/margs. I have to pick this time and I can't decide!
    I mean chips & guac is always a good choice!
  • Options
    Had coffee with a friend and we walked around the village with the babies! I’m going to miss this next week. Got my hair highlighted today and some work clothes delivered. I still need to try them on but I’m hoping at least some of them work for next week! 
  • Options
    Casadena said:
    This has me LOLing.  I’m a perfectionist on somethings but I don’t care how the grass is cut, as long as it meets requirements.  However, i always end up with the lines and love how that looks, yeah. 
    I don’t know if this can even happen through mowing but my rosacea flared up after I did it! All the gnats were in my face though, and it was incredibly annoying.  I was beet red when I came in, and it didn’t go away till later in the night.  Today in the shower I noticed face peeling and now my cheeks are red with rosacea. My derm says they can’t tell what causes it, it just happens sometimes!  Now I really want a pro to do this!

@levioosa, I’m doing RC mid June.  Are you doing Alaska too?  I missed that part! Awesome.  I’m kinda digging the flannel now.  Hahah

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    @CharmedPam yes we are doing a Northbound cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and then staying a few days in Alaska with my family who live up there. I can't wait. 

• Options
    edited May 9
    levioosa said:
    @CharmedPam yes we are doing a Northbound cruise from Vancouver to Alaska and then staying a few days in Alaska with my family who live up there. I can't wait. 
    You’re going to have an awesome time!  60 is the highest average for June so um… yeah dress warm.  Don’t forget the 18- 20 hours of daylight! (Maybe we shoulda booked an inside room.  Nah!)

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    levioosa said:
    You’re going to have an awesome time!  60 is the highest average for June so um… yeah dress warm.  Don’t forget the 18- 20 hours of daylight! (Maybe we shoulda booked an inside room.  Nah!)
    We booked a balcony because although we are going on one of the most forced social types of travel, we are introverts at heart and I wanted to be able to sit on the balcony and watch the scenery without any other human interaction on the boat lol. I do have concerns about sleeping, but we are bringing some eye masks too so hopefully that helps. I remember as a kid (who had insomnia even when I was super young), I stayed awake for almost two days before I finally crashed because the sun messed my rhythm up so badly.

• Options
    Update about the bee problem at one of my rentals.

They are honey bees.  Because of course they are, smh.  So now we have to hire a different company to have them removed, which will cost us money instead of being free under our pest control contract.  I'm not sure how much, but a rough average is $450 (sigh).

My H has already hired one and they are going there tomorrow to give us a price.  But they aren't doing the work tomorrow, even if we okay the price.  That will be another visit.

So it's a double whammy of money and it taking days longer to get the bee problem solved.

But I found out what they do.  They trap as many bees as they can, including the queen.  Then smoke out whomever is left in the hive to go off on their merry way.  They don't remove the hive, but they close it up.  Then they transport the queen and captured bees elsewhere. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Update about the bee problem at one of my rentals.

They are honey bees.  Because of course they are, smh.  So now we have to hire a different company to have them removed, which will cost us money instead of being free under our pest control contract.  I'm not sure how much, but a rough average is $450 (sigh).

My H has already hired one and they are going there tomorrow to give us a price.  But they aren't doing the work tomorrow, even if we okay the price.  That will be another visit.

So it's a double whammy of money and it taking days longer to get the bee problem solved.

But I found out what they do.  They trap as many bees as they can, including the queen.  Then smoke out whomever is left in the hive to go off on their merry way.  They don't remove the hive, but they close it up.  Then they transport the queen and captured bees elsewhere. 
    Honeybees are a big deal, I’m sorry! It could be a huge fine to exterminate them (at least it has been in some places we’ve lived). Such a bummer. Good luck! 
  • Options
    Ugh! That’s so annoying (and expensive!) @short+sassy.  Maybe just call honey bee experts Anna and Mursel to
    take them off your hands? In fact, they should pay you!
    sorry bad joke in a time like this…

• Options
    short+sassyshort+sassy member
    edited May 10
    @CharmedPam, I would love that, lol!  I've heard their honey products are amazing.  That they add in all kinds of flavors and also make whipped honey butters.  They don't need to bring money.  Just pay me in some great honey stuff from their store, lol.

One of these days, I'm going to order something from their website.

For those who are not 90-Day Fiance addicts like myself, they are from that show.  Mursel is originally from Turkey.  They met on a forum about beekeeping.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    @CharmedPam, I would love that, lol!  I've heard their honey products are amazing.  That they add in all kinds of flavors and also make whipped honey butters.  They don't need to bring money.  Just pay me in some great honey stuff from their store, lol.

One of these days, I'm going to order something from their website.

For those who are not 90-Day Fiance addicts like myself, they are from that show.  Mursel is originally from Turkey.  They met on a forum about beekeeping.
    Okay but that is absolutely adorable.