Wedding Woes
Options

Monday, Monday

A good but busy weekend end here! Saturday we took the boys to porchfest (bands that play on porches all around the city) with friends who also have two little kids. We used to go out and day drink with them years ago for this so it was really fun taking the kids and watching them dance and run around. 

It’s now hot and sunny and I hate it. We skipped right from 45 and cloudy to sun and 80s. 

Re: Monday, Monday

• Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Weekend was okay. I made a delicious Italian dish yesterday and am excited for the left overs today. I am not feeling work today. 

BFF is really sick and I'm not sure what it is. I can't see her since she lives across the country, but I've never heard her sound so sick and we've known each other for 30 years and I've seen her septic before. She's had a fever up to 104.7 which is super abnormal for an adult. Her PCP told her it was "extreme fatigue" which I know is just some sexist bullshit. She went to an UC and they treated her for Lyme but the tests came back negative. I'm hoping it's some other thing which the antibiotic is treating even if we never find out what it was, but I'm worried. 

• Options
    @levioosa, good luck to your BFF.  That's really scary sounding and I hope the antibiotics work.

I had a colleague at another job who contracted Lyme disease.  He and his coworker drove down from Little Rock, AR to spend a week at our offices.  He stayed in his hotel room the last two days he was here.  On their drive back, when they were only about an hour away from home, he asked his coworker to take him to the hospital.  That was where he was diagnosed.  He was in bad shape, but thankfully survived.  That was the first time I was made aware of how dangerous Lyme disease can be.  I'm glad your BFF doesn't have it!  But I hope they can figure out what's wrong asap, so as to better help her.

"Extreme fatigue" does sound eye rolling, especially for such a serious symptom.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Lyme is no joke!  We're QUITE familiar with it in this area and even with making frequent tick checks part of the standard process it happens.  The warmer winters here also make deep freezes that kill the ticks more infrequent so early season Lyme can be more common vs what we previously saw which was a later spring/summer/fall situation.  Also, there's a few more tick-borne diseases out there that are also very scary.  I hope the friend is OK!! 
  • Options
    CharmedPamCharmedPam member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 21
    Lyme is no joke.  I know someone who still has symptoms of it from years ago.  Hope it’s minor for her @levioosa.  FX.  I also made Italian yesterday.  Manicotti.  Which is basically rolled up lasagna. 
    I was up at 3:30 am because my mind was a racing. I have no idea if I get to nap this afternoon or not because I’m so busy today but my friend already bought us tickets to see the Amy Winehouse movie tonight.  I was up worried about these plumber appts.  But I got off easy with no mold in the wall and $385 for a new spigot because it froze.  Maybe I can rest better tonight? $385 I can handle, $3,850 I couldn’t.  I didn’t know the damage I had caused and of course I’m thinking worse case scenario. 
    Also, I got a save the date for my “friends” wedding, but honestly I don’t know her or him well. She was an old ghost hunting buddy of mine.  I probably only met him 2 maybe 3 times? I’m shocked I made the cut though.  It’s August 2025. And the STD was an email.  She’s having a pool party on the 8th and I’m wondering if I should rsvp yes… I wouldn’t know anyone there unless her other ghost hunting friend goes.
    oh and guess what I found out today? My lawnmower broke.  I think I did it yesterday when the blade got caught on some metal but it was on my list to do today & knock it out before the cicadas get worse, and now I won’t have time till Friday, since the new one arrives Thursday.
    Edit to add; happy LATE Victoria day, Canadians!

• Options
    @CharmedPam, glad to hear there was no mold in the walls!

My credit card bills for all those new roofs are now coming home to roost, so I especially appreciate dodging a big repair bullet.

I paid what I could with cash at the time.  Then used that "free interest" 1-2 months that 'ccs give when your card has a zero balance.  Now I'm paying them off with my HELOC as they come due.  Which starts charging interest the day you take the money.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @CharmedPam, glad to hear there was no mold in the walls!

My credit card bills for all those new roofs are now coming home to roost, so I especially appreciate dodging a big repair bullet.

I paid what I could with cash at the time.  Then used that "free interest" 1-2 months that 'ccs give when your card has a zero balance.  Now I'm paying them off with my HELOC as they come due.  Which starts charging interest the day you take the money.  
    There’s been a few times where I was asking what I’d do if these repairs were a lot or if my a/c didn’t work when I started it.  My HELOC is 11%, but I was looking at 401k and to borrow against myself that interest is 8%…