African American Weddings
Options

Re-Use Dress?

Im facing the dilema of if I should wear my wedding dress again to the ceremony.  Lots of people have seen pictures of me in it already but, I never got pro photos in it (with how the wedding was so rushed) and $1170 is alot of money to only wear once when there is an oppertunity to wear twice.  AND its alot of $$ to spend to had never gotten the pro pics either. 

But, do I wear a big poofy wedding dress when everyone knows its not the 'real wedding'?  Im afraid its an etiquette question but, Im not even trying to go there....LOL they prob say I shouldnt have a ceremony at all... bump that,  I want to walk that aisle and now Im kinda excited to do it with hubbie in hand :)

So what do you guys think ?
O and my BMs will be wearing their dresses

I was kinda agains the changing dress thing because the reception is VERY short to begin with. Just 3 hours long

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Re-Use Dress?

• Options
    Uhhh Yeah was my vote. Girl put on that dress again and get your pro pics. Seeing a picture than actually seeing you strut your stuff in person is different. You will look different. You will be more prepared this time. Girl you better wear that dress! Lol.
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Options
    I voted. But didn't you buy a dress for the original plans which was a night out after the reception with hubby? I'd DEFINITELY wear the dress at the ceremony and for pro pics. but maybe you could change into that dress? Otherwise, I think after all you've been through you deserve a HOT SPARKLY reception dress!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_re-use-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:455463bc-360c-4e37-bbd3-c93254778edaPost:8f813164-480f-42c1-84e1-63641a956b86">Re: Re-Use Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted. But didn't you buy a dress for the original plans which was a night out after the reception with hubby? I'd DEFINITELY wear the dress at the ceremony and for pro pics. but maybe you could change into that dress? Otherwise,<strong> <em><u>I think after all you've been through you deserve a HOT SPARKLY reception dress!</u></em></strong>
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

That would be a great idea! I actually thought about buying a dress for the reception! So why don't you.  Have a dress that you just party! You deserve it!! My colors are red, black and white and was thinking of a nice sexy red!  Girl enjoy your day however you do it! You deserve it!
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • Options
    Totally agree with them. you need to wear that gorg gown again!!!!! you totally deserve to
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to Re:ReUse Dress?:[QUOTE]I voted. But didn't you buy a dress for the original plans which was a night out after the reception with hubby? I'd DEFINITELY wear the dress at the ceremony and for pro pics. but maybe you could change into that dress? Otherwise, I think after all you've been through you deserve a HOT SPARKLY reception dress! Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

I never actually bought the second dress, when the mom got sick earlier in the week I knew we wouldn't be going out the night of the wedding
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Mer, please wear the dress again. If I was a guest, I would expecting you to as I never saw it in person. Everyone knows your situation.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Options
    Girl!!! You wear that dress and you wear it proudly! You so deserve it and honestly I don't think anyone would even think about that.
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_re-use-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:455463bc-360c-4e37-bbd3-c93254778edaPost:8f813164-480f-42c1-84e1-63641a956b86">Re: Re-Use Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I voted. But didn't you buy a dress for the original plans which was a night out after the reception with hubby? I'd DEFINITELY wear the dress at the ceremony and for pro pics. but maybe you could change into that dress? Otherwise, I think after all you've been through you deserve a HOT SPARKLY reception dress!
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>ALL OF THIS!!</div>
  • Options
    Girl if u don't wear that dress again. Please the circustances for u having to wear is different than most. Nobody is going to be thinking that you wore your dress again. I'm sure everyone will understand why.
  • Options
    GIRL..PLEASE...Come on now... You better wear that dress adn STRUT!!! AS everyone else has said... through ALL... GOD.. has worked it out and you still get to take those pics...Go and ENJOY... This is YOUR WEDDING CEREMONY.. IF youre having two... DO IT UP!! IF you decide to have a party dress for after.... Now is that time to celebrate all the GOODNESS you guys have had... through the rain...the rainbow still shines... Sorry.. started rambling...just got done a 12hr overtime shift..lol..a lil tired
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thedivavthedivav member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    i do not plan on wearing my wedding dress to our party in md
    i will get a white party dress to wear... 
    my plans for the wedding dress is to cut it up and make it into a ball dress since i need white ball gowns.... it will get worn a few more times lol 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_re-use-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:455463bc-360c-4e37-bbd3-c93254778edaPost:0614ed83-4fe0-4f32-b809-57d814f1e437">Re: Re-Use Dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mer, please wear the dress again. If I was a guest, I would expecting you to as I never saw it in person. Everyone knows your situation.
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]

<div>This right here!!! I would want to see you in the dress, and extra money can go to the ... HONEYMOON ... :) </div><div>
    </div><div>And no... don't go there with the etiquette police... you know their deal. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards