Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Please share your honeymoon....

destinations and plans!

We are flying into San Francisco the next morning after our wedding at 7am (ugh - going to be exhausted) and renting a car to drive down the Pacific Coast Hwy after visiting SF and Napa. Only reserving a hotel for Saturday night and then heading out on Sunday in a serendipity kind of way - wherever our car takes us! I love having the feeling of being free to do whatever, whenever!

Re: Please share your honeymoon....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I went there for my honeymoon!  You definitely have to check out Mill Valley.  We stayed at the Mill Valley Inn. LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEED IT.  Also Muir Beach is cool.  Definitely check that out.  There's  a really cute inn right by it called The Pelican.  It looks pretty neat. 

We rode the wine train in Napa.  That was nice, though I wish we'd gone to an actual winery and taken a real tour....that would have been awesome. 

Also check out Sausalito. We rode the ferrys and also ate at Scomas.

Seriously, it's just sooo gorgeous.  Have fun!
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds great!  I wanted to get married in San Francisco and do the whole Napa thing, but Ben has done it already.  Wow, I could never go anywhere without plans but I love that idea!

We left the Monday after the wedding.  We flew to Maui and were there for 9 days.  It was HEAVEN!  I have a recap in my bio.  Our HM will be featured in The Knot magazine in July!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to St Lucia....leaving the morning after our wedding and staying for 6 nights. :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh I love San Francisco.  You guys should totally bike the Golden Gate Bridge.  Hands down the one of most amazing experiences of my life!!   We stayed at this super luxurious inn in Sausalito called the Inn Above Tide, a-mazing!!  There is a restaurant in North Beach in San Fran called Vicoletto.  It is to die for.

Anyway, back to your question... we are headed to the beach in Mexico for a week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are headed to Ocho Rios for 8 days--whoo-hoo!! Our flight leaves at 445 am (eek!) the Monday after our wedding so we have a chance to hang out with OOT family & friends before we leave. Never been to Jamaica but went to the Bahamas a few years ago & loved it!!! I think I'm more excited for the HM than the wedding :) Have a great time in Cali!
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think your HM sounds fabulous!

We are going to Hong Kong for 7 days after another week of receptions in China after the wedding here.  I can't wait to relax.  It's going to be a crazy weeklong wedding process.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Jay+MarissaJay+Marissa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Waikiki Beach near Honolulu for 6 days and staying at the Halekulani. At first I was bummed because it's apparently really touristy...but I like restaurants, bars, shopping, and lights! I get bored with seclusion
  • Options
    rcpm44rcpm44 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going on a week long cruise out of Galveston to Montego Bay, Jamaica, Grand Cayman Islands, and Cozumel, Mexico and we got a balcony room!!  We leave a week later so that we can catch our breath a little from the wedding.
  • Options
    anglcakes7anglcakes7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are flying to Hawaii and staying at Waikiki Beach for 4 days!  Then, we are taking a 7 day cruise that leaves out of Honolulu and goes around Hawaii.

I can't wait!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No firm plans yet but we are thinking about going to St. Lucia.   On the other hand, my Matron of Honor is trying to convince us to go to Thailand.  I will let you guys know when things are in place.

BTW ladies, all of you have or had wonderful honeymoon ideas.   I wish I could visit all of those places you ladies named.   Thanks for sharing . . . I might just have to revise our plans . . . LOL!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're pretty set on a week in Mexico at an all inclusive, we'll have to see if anything else sparks our interest before we book.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Were doing 6 days in Costa Rica! We leave the Monday after the wedding at 5:00AM!
  • Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to NYC for eight days a couple of months after we got married.  It was too close to the end of the school year for me to justify being gone any more than I was already gone for the wedding.  We stayed at the Embassy Suites in downtown and were able to catch a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty from our room. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all the posts girls!!! Everyone sounds like yall will have an amazing time!

Mariah and Tiffany - thanks for the advise on Cali! I will definitely check out those hotels and eateries! I can't wait to go to Napa - we aren't much of wine drinkers but maybe we will change our tune after our HM!

Steph - that's so exciting that you will be featured in the Knot Magazine in July - I'll have to grab a copy and check it out!

• Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're waiting a week and then heading to Kauai in Hawaii.  :)  I'm super excited, I love anyplace beachy!
  • Options
    amberproamberpro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love San Francisco!  Have fun.

We are spending the week in Montego Bay.  I'm more excited about that than I am the wedding :)
    photo images_zps41edd072.jpg

Carter born 5/28/11
    BFP 9/27/12 EDD 6/11/13, MC 9wks, no HB

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we'll be in playa del carmen mexico for nearly a week, since we're havin our ceremony there. been twice before and fell in love with the place. you guys have great HM trips/ideas. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards