Hawaii

Is anybody out there????

I swear I just saw a tumble weed pass through here? It's been so slow? How is everyone....... any exciting wedding plans this weekend?
451x156 proportions
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Is anybody out there????

• NurseJo34NurseJo34 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How are you??? I'm running errands this weekend. I start a new job on Monday! What are you doing this weekend?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    LOL.  Hilarious.  I'm here!

A stray dog followed my husband home today when he was walking our dog so it has been quite the adventure here.  We've posted signs and asked neighbors.  3 separate accounts of people saying they've seen him running around all alone before in the past few weeks.  No microchip.  Not neutered.  Just plain cute.  Tomorrow morning he gets registered at the pound as a found dog.

• edited December 2011
    I'm here! My student teacher had his last day yesterday, so I get to have my classroom back next week (yay!). He was a good kid; I'm just through with sharing.

I think we're *actually* going to go print up a wedding photo (in large) and get it framed this weekend. It's only 1½ years after the fact...

Ooh, and I'm going to see Billy Elliot this upcoming week! It's been ages since I've been to the theatre for a musical. I'm going to get all dressed up. =)
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hello hello! Just having lunch with some friends I haven't seen in years today. Then heading out to visit my family and play with my adorable niece. The only wedding related is to hopefully pick a coordinator this weekend. Or at least narrow it down to two.
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm here!  I just got back from visiting FI in switzerland and then got a cold, so I've been having a really low-key week.  I'm visiting a friend to see her new puppy today and then going to hang out with my baby niece, who started walking while I was away!

Wedding related stuff: getting invites designed with my sister, who's a graphic designer, and decorating the treasure chest for my nephew to carry the wedding rings in (I'll post pictures later, it's really cute!!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm here....I have a four day weekend here on Maui.  Yesterday was a holiday (Prince Kuhio Day), and Monday is a furlough day for the school system.  It has been nice to have some time off to enjoy the beautiful weather that we have been having lately.  So hopefully there is some beach time in the forecast for the next 3 days! :) 
  • McBeagsMcBeags member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am here too. Hello all. Cold front came through and only 30 degrees out. Picked up my dress today from alterations. Hoping to put the finishing touches on our website. Actually pulled out the suitcases to start packing. We leave in four weeks. Cryssv- I packed up your shipping label this week!!! Non wedding stuff thinking wine and salmon for dinner tonight by the fire. Can't believe we are sitting by the fire in nearly April.
  • edited December 2011
    It has been dead on this board lately so thank you for your post, sparking some chatting again! Im working today (well im supposed to be). Tonight a friend is coming over for dinner, i havent seen her in months so i'll get to show off my e-ring & dress! Tomorrow fiance and i are going snowboarding-finally! We havent gone since january. Funny how wedding planning has taken priority over everything these past months. Im super excited i weighed myself this morning and ive lost 4 lbs! FI and i have been workin out & dieting these past 3-4 weeks.
  • AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm always here!  I'm so jealous of the girls who live in Hawaii, beach time sounds like heaven!  It's still winter here in Alaska, I am so over  it. 

FI is out picking up his glasses, I hopped on to look at the wedding event on Haute Look.  They had some cute stuff, but nothing I wanted.  Otherwise, I am just relaxing and enjoying the weekend!  We have Monday off for Sewards Day since I work for state govt.  So glad to have an extra day!
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Doing what I normally do on a Saturday, knit.  But it's also March Madness so great basketball games on tv today and tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We went to finish up our registry this afternoon...a registry i really did not want...but anyway hopefully its now done...its amazing how much everyday plates cost..wow...i'm curious to see what if anything we actually do receive.  Other than that surfing the web...mostly esty...looking for items i would like to order for the wedding...trying to get some much needed rest. J. :-)

• kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm here!  I've just been really busy planning this thing called a wedding.  Have you ladies ever heard of it?  It seems to take up all of my time. I've been working a ton on our website and we are almost ready for it to go LIVE.  I'll post the link for you all to check out as soon as it's done. 
  • TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm here! Busily working through the weekend... can't wait until my days off! We have been having gusty winds here for almost two weeks and my car looks disgusting! Can't wait for it to calm down so I can wash that thing, and get back to lounging on the beach!

I went to a baby shower this morning and made a cake. It was so much fun! My friend is due next week with her second child (a girl) and she was so calm, yet excited. Can't wait to meet the little gal when she comes out!

Here's the cake I made, chocolate chocolate!

a+k

Photobucket

• edited December 2011
    Oh.
    My.
    God.

Aubrey...really?  YOU MADE THAT?  It's stunning, truly stunning, and like 10 times nicer than our wedding cake.  I'm impressed with the meticulous details...clean lines, evenly spaced dots, etc.  Love it.
  • TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto what Tanq said, that cake is GORGEOUS Aubs!!  I bet it tasted fantastic too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tritto...too bad we"re not getting married on oahu...we would be honoured if you made our cake...looks dilish!!! J. Smile
  • cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I successfully accomplished the "wedding-weekend" I had planned..... I think I knocked a good chunk of my checklist off (inc a head start into April's to do's). I had a mini panic moment when I opened up my knot account and saw the 1 month in the lead LOL.

McBeags - YAY!!!!!! I'm so excited to rock your purse .... and did I mention you are the best for letting it be my something borrowed!!

Triple Aubs you have some serious cake-making talent. That looks great - and really yummy

Sparklegirl - congrats on the 4lbs!! I'm envious. I have my first alteration next weekend and I'm not where I thought I'd be. I still have 2.5lbs to my goal weight and some crazy toning I'd have liked to acheive. I'm definitely not going to give up though
    451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!! it did taste amazing - the mom-to-be was like "this tastes expensive!" haha. good thing ingredients are cheap! It was a dense chocolate cake with a rich chocolate buttercream frosting.

cryssv i can't believe your wedding is coming up so fast! good for you for getting things done so far in advance. your last month is going to be a cakewalk!

a+k

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards