August 2012 Weddings

Great week!

It has been a fabulous week for some checks! We received our invites on Friday. I had to tie ribbons on each and every invite....CHECK! I addressed all of the 200 invites...CHECK! Just waiting to send them out now.

Finished up designing the programs. I now just need to print out sample copies and such to see how that will all work out. I am pretty much dreading that! But I love them so it will all (hopefully) be worth it.

All of the bridesmaids except one have ordered their dresses. I have been reminding her and checking in about it but she keeps saying she runs out of time in the day. I have offered to order it for her but she won't give me her measurments and just ignores me every time I ask. I am not even stressing abou tit anymore. At this point, I am just saying that if she doesn't have the dress in time for the wedding, then that is not my fault and I am not going to worry about it.

I had went through Mens Warehouse for the guys tuxes but I had a few problems with them so we are now going through a local tux shop. None of the guys have been fitted, however I talked to the owner of the shop this week and he ensured me that if the guys came in 48 hours before the wedding, he would have plenty of time. Of course, we won't wait quite that long! :)

We recieved a gift yesterday! It is a beautiful porcelain asian rice bowl. Funny story...my parents own a grocery store and a little elderly woman that works there told me the day before she gave it to me that: "I bought it a few years ago for my daughter but she didn't want it. It is still sitting on my table so I want you to have it!...Haha :) I must say I was a little nervous when she told e that but it is beautiful and I love it. I can't wait to use it.

I Think that is all I have for now. What have you all gotten done this week? Any funny stories? Any disasters?
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image253 Invited
image123 Accepted
image53 Declined
image99 Leavin' Me hangin
RSVP Date: August 5, 2012

Re: Great week!

• Congrats on the checks! I have had a great week also...

After having major issues with our photographer we decided to bite the bullet and change photographers...we are on a tight budget and can't really afford to lose the $250 deposit we already paid but I couldn't handle the stress anymore so I'll cut costs somewhere else.

I got my florist nailed down, and decided what I want for the bouquets and bouts. I am almost done with all of the candy buffet containers and decorations, and all of the candy has been purchased. Now the hard part is keeping FI out of the candy! We had our tasting with our caterer and finalized our reception menu.

Those are the big checks for this week...I've been busy buying all the little stuff and doing little projects this week also. Now I need to get back on track for my weight loss goals. I want to lose at least 10 pounds so I really need to get back to healthy eating and hit the gym!
  • rungirl12rungirl12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2012
    Although I didn't get a lot done, I feel like I'm in a really good place because I went back to the reception venue and met with their new manager (changed since the person I met with).  I found out some of the things we were told previously don't hold true and we have to leave a bit earlier, but now that I have solid info, I feel much more at ease.

FI & I also started compiling the music (using our computer) and I'm beginning to do a timeline for the day with VERY detailed info (like who will announce us in the grand march, and who will be responsible for putting out snacks at the venue, etc).

FI and I also decided who to ask to do readings which he is finishing up, and I created an eVite for our rehearsal and we are planning to ask his nieces to be ushers via FB which I created an event for.  (Informal, I know, but we won't see them in person soon & they're all teens, so I think they'll like the FB invite).

I am trying to finalize shoes and have yet another pair shipping now which I hope are *THE PAIR* so I can finally schedule an alterations appt.

My sis and I nailed down a time (next weekend) to practice baking and transporting a cake.  We are making mine and will drive it out to my skydiving club which always has 20-30 people mulling about that will be safe bets to eat it up!  We will also work together to get my Bachelorette party eVites made and sent at this time.

I am scoping out my salon choices and will get a hair/make-up appt on the books, soon I hope.

Invites are addressed, stuffed and ready to go come the end of June/early July.

Boutonnieres are on my radar the next time I go to my local grocery store since they do floral and I imagine are cheap!

I feel really good writing all of that too!
  • @SFI, Where did  you get your candy from? I really want to have a candy buffet but I haven't really looked much into it. Good luck with keeping the FI out! ;) And I haven't even started with the flowers yet. I know we probably should.

@Rungirl, You're making your own cake?! That's awesome. I am really excited to see that! I could not even imagine what mine would look like if I made my own. Are you doing a grooms cake as well?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image253 Invited
    image123 Accepted
    image53 Declined
    image99 Leavin' Me hangin
    RSVP Date: August 5, 2012
  • I got most of my candy at Target and Winco (not sure if you have this grocery store but they have inexpensive bulk foods)...I only bought one type of candy at a local candy store because I couldn't find it anywhere else. I bought 12 different types of candy and only spent about $150...and now that I look at it I am pretty sure I have way too much candy. I have a little more than 70 pounds of candy for 200 people. We aren't doing a color coordinated candy buffet, which kept costs down. Our colors are black and white so that would have limited our choices too much for me.

@rungirl-thanks for reminding me that I still have to get FI to make a final decision on our cake flavors! I am making our cake also (I'm a pastry chef) and not a huge fan of cake so I'm leaving those decisions to him!
  • I am making the cake with my sister - I will be sure to post pics (disaster or not!)

SFlvr83 - you're a pastry chef?!  Your cake will rock!  I'm just a cheap-o that likes to bake Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards