January 2012 Weddings
Options

A Thorn and A Rose

Life seems to be a bit stressful for all of us on here.  So I thought lets start do Thorn/Rose for the week. This way we can have something postive to look forward too.

Mine:

Thorn: My Master's Thesis is due in 1 week. The paper is almost done, but I haven't started on the presentation.  Also, I have a lot going on because I am going between 2 schools for my internship and its my last week at work.

Rose: I am going home on Saturday to GRADUATE!  And while I am there, I won't have a car, or a job, or anything to do, or talk to! So I will be around to post ALL THE TIME next week!

Your turn.

Re: A Thorn and A Rose

• Options
    Thorn: FIguring out how to call off of work on Wednesday for the interview. Should I be sick or have personal issues. I am really nervous about calling off because if I don't get the job I can't afford to have the present one mad at me.

Rose: The interview I have for fourth grade @ 10am Wednesday in my husbands hometown (1 1/2 hours from where we live now, but where we want to move to). Fourth grade was my favorite grade to teach during my practicum.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I personally would call in and say that you need to take a personal day;. Tell them that you have some family issues going on that need to be dealt with.  You techinally aren't lying, you and your husband are a family and possibly moving would be an issue that might need to be dealt with.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddingchannel.com/main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_a-thorn-and-a-rose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:48d9ef1a-6d93-4baf-86d4-f81b8818158aPost:c91b98e4-914f-4983-9663-38750938fa58">Re: A Thorn and A Rose</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally would call in and say that you need to take a personal day;. Tell them that you have some family issues going on that need to be dealt with.  You techinally aren't lying, you and your husband are a family and possibly moving would be an issue that might need to be dealt with.
    Posted by hippolover[/QUOTE]

I like that....:)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_january-2012-weddings_a-thorn-and-a-rose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:5a1804e7-e8c8-4829-9e61-b9d49f3a9b5fDiscussion:48d9ef1a-6d93-4baf-86d4-f81b8818158aPost:c91b98e4-914f-4983-9663-38750938fa58">Re: A Thorn and A Rose</a>:
    [QUOTE]I personally would call in and say that you need to take a personal day;. Tell them that you have some family issues going on that need to be dealt with.  You techinally aren't lying, you and your husband are a family and possibly moving would be an issue that might need to be dealt with.
    Posted by hippolover[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for writing this! This is exactly what I needed to hear to calm me about calling out of my current job on Wednesday. I love how you think! Thanks again!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    Thorn: I have to go back to work for a few hours tonight to help out a coworker. It's so she can leave and watch her daughter at ballet class. She also took my shift I can't work tomorrow, even though it would be her sixth day in a row working, so I couldn't say no. It's only two hours and it'll fly by, but it's the still the matter of getting re-ready, and going back. Well I"m done whinning about that haha.

Rose: Just the fact that hubby and I are settling into newlywed/ apartment renter life and loving it!
    09.27.2007 (the start of a great adventure.) 12.24.2010 (the day he popped the question!) 07.22.11 (the day we added a fur baby: PAWS!) 01.21.2012 (the day we said "I Do.") 07.2012 (the day we decided to start our family!) 11.03.12 (the day we added another furbaby: WEASLEY) "So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, for ever, you and me, every day." ~The Notebook
  • Options
    Thorn: Since June of 2010, I have been collecting unemployment. I've been able to pay all my bills because of it. Now, it will end in about 2 months and I am scared to death! I will not be able to pay even half of my bills unless I get another job. (My current job is only $80 a day, 4 days a week.) This worries the me so much. The worry is non-stop.

Rose- I got an interview for a full time teaching position. It's at a public school about an hour away. I'm very happy. It's on May 4, at 10am!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Thorn: I now have two cars that need to have somewhat expensive to expensive repairs done to them. :(  Just generally feeling frustrated that I'm trapped and can't get ahead right now.

Rose: Might be booking a 1 yr anniversary cruise to the Bahamas.  Hoping DW's passport and immigration stuff come through so we can actually go.  Also might have a lead on a database admin job in the DC area. :)
  • Options
    Thorn: I am so nervous about getting a job. I have a lead on a steady job, but it won't be teaching. I am not even sure that I want a teaching job right now. I have been going steady without a real vacation week since, well, maybe 2009.

Rose: The light at the end on the college tunnel includes five lesson plans, and a few forms!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards