Massachusetts-Boston

Hotel for Guests - Boston/North Shore

My fiance and I are having the ceremony in Reading, MA and the reception in Ipswich, MA. We plan to have a lot of out-of-town guests - any hotel suggestions? We are considering Gloucester/Rockport, Salem, Danvers, Boston and pretty much everything in-between. We want to keep traveling to a minimum (we will provide transportation to/from the reception), but also provide out-of-staters with a classic Boston/New England weekend. 

We are also trying to come up with a rehearsal dinner close to the hotel - so suggestions for that are welcome too!

Re: Hotel for Guests - Boston/North Shore

• I have a room block at the Rockport Inn - they are the only hotel in the Gloucester/Rockport area that will happily do room blocks. My wedding isn't until next summer so I can't speak to how easy the room reservation process is for guests but it was very easy to set up the block and the hotel is gorgerous! Definitely check it out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • brugginkbruggink member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    The Salem Waterfront Hotel is a great hotel - attractive, good location, etc. - and I know they do wedding blocks. Finz - a seafood restaurant next to the hotel - could be a great option for an RD! I went to one there this spring, and the food and drinks were very good, plus they have a separate second-floor dining area/bar for private parties.
  • Another good option is the Peabody Marriott - it's right on 95/128 so it will give your guests easy access to the highway for getting between Reading and Ipswich.  They were super easy to work with for a room block.

The Danvers Courtyard also has easy highway access.

Agree the Salem Waterfront is good hotel; but for out of towners who may not be familiar with the area; Salem can be tricky to get around/highway access.

• Agree with PP, but be careful about signing contracts.  Read your attrition clause carefully.  You don't want to end up paying for the rooms.  I think SWFH requires you to have an event on site if you do a block.
  • Thanks for the great feedback everyone!
  • Did the Rockport Inn require a deposit? Are you on the hook for a % of the cost if guests don't end up booking all the rooms in the block?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_hotel-for-guests-bostonnorth-shore?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:6ceebe40-cb54-4f03-8954-99bec809ab53Post:f02d79f4-9107-4d5a-a396-fb2b20fd6f37">Re: Hotel for Guests - Boston/North Shore</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a room block at the Rockport Inn - they are the only hotel in the Gloucester/Rockport area that will happily do room blocks. My wedding isn't until next summer so I can't speak to how easy the room reservation process is for guests but it was very easy to set up the block and the hotel is gorgerous! Definitely check it out :)
    Posted by erinlouisa1[/QUOTE]
  • No deposit and no cost to you if rooms don't get booked. Any rooms that aren't booked 6 weeks before the check-in date get released to the general public - great motivation to get guests to book early!

Hope this helps :)

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_hotel-for-guests-bostonnorth-shore?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:6ceebe40-cb54-4f03-8954-99bec809ab53Post:528f4a6f-1a5c-4fb1-a984-ece6b27209b5">Re: Hotel for Guests - Boston/North Shore</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did the Rockport Inn require a deposit? Are you on the hook for a % of the cost if guests don't end up booking all the rooms in the block? In Response to Re: Hotel for Guests - Boston/North Shore :
    Posted by carlmams[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Salem waterfront requires an 80% fulfillment or you are responsible for the difference. 6 weeks prior to date block is released. I'm passing on the block because I'm afraid of not filling it..... Upside... Saves me from doing welcome bags ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards