Ohio-Columbus
Options

Brides Beware!!!

Wedding date: 6/23/2012

I purchased my dress from Alfred Angelo in Dublin on February 26th.  I was told it would take 10 weeks to come in.  It did not come in until June 1st (13.5 weeks).  When I went to pick up the dress, I was made to pay the remaining balance on the dress, and then was asked if I wanted to try it on (WHO WOULDN'T!?!?).  

The consultant brought in the dress (after washing her hands... thank you!), began unwrapping it, turned it around, and it was not the dress that I ordered.  It was the correct dress, but I had ordered the dress with a corset back, and the one that had been delivered had a zipper. 

So they got everything straightened out and told me that they would be ordering my dress as a replacement, and the replacement dresses typically take 5.5 weeks.  Now, 13 weeks after ordering the replacement dress (26.5 weeks total), I still don't have a dress in my possession.  They keep telling me that it's the designer's fault and they can't control anything.

I'm not worried about if I'll have my dress in time, as my wedding is still about 10 months away, but I am very annoyed that they aren't doing anything to help push it along, and are telling me the wrong dates.  And I'm concerned for other brides who may be buying their dresses there and who are purchasing closer to their wedding date than I did.  
image 0 Invited
image 0 Are ready to party!
image 0 Will be missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brides Beware!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh. I would be so mad! I am having wedding dress problems too. Call and DEMAND money back. Be a beeotch if you have to. OR, demand free alterations if they do them onsite.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ugh I am so mad for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They just called as I was leaving my desk for lunch... It's FINALLY in!  I'm going to pick it up tonight... and ask for some money back!!!!
    image 0 Invited
    image 0 Are ready to party!
    image 0 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be very upset, I am putting dress shopping off until about 10 months before my wedding, but now I think I might have to move it up just in case, something like this happens to me
  • Options
    giggleflirtzgiggleflirtz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was debating on going there, now I am warned!  I think I might actually make a trip to Cincinnati's Bridal and Formal, since they carry about 80% of the big name designers.  But thanks for making us aware! :-) Good luck tonight!!
  • Options
    csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are not the most competent people there.  We got the bridesmaid dresses there and it was a bit of a hassle.  They lost one girl's measurements for a while, couldn't find the dresses after they called to say they were in, etc.  Gorgeous dress and color though!
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaids dresses were kind of a hassle from them too - when we ordered they had only been open a few weeks, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I'm glad your dress is finally here!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mmyer841mmyer841 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dress was the first thing I purchased. I have heard to many crazy stories and thats one thing I did not want to stress about!! When I told my FI i put it in layaway right after he asked me he did not understand why what so ever. But he was also the one that wondered why we had to reserve everything a year in advance!! He soon found out that when places we wanted to go were booked, that I was right :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So glad you ordered far in advance.

Holly Loves AVON
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards