Ohio-Columbus
Options

Columbus Trolley FAIL

Hey everyone - just wanted to share my horrible experience with Columbus Trolley to hopefully save you some grief.

Three days before the wedding, they called to tell me that one of the trolley engines died, and they would have to give me a limo bus instead.  I really didn't want a limo bus at all - not my style - but what could I do?  They promised that it was really nice and it would still seat 22 people, and that I could still have a trolley for my end-of-reception pickup.
So, day of, I'm in my dress, outside my parent's house - and this junker pulls up.  It looks like it's been driving through a dust bowl for 20 years, the paint is all faded and ugly.  The inside is ok - the seating is leather, but the 'fancy lighting' is a blue rope light that  hangs out of its track in places.  It definitely does NOT seat 22 people - maybe 16.  This would have been a huge problem if weather hadn't interfered with our plans for outdoor location photos.
The wedding was fabulous & wonderful.  We were supposed to be out of the museum by midnight, and the trolley was supposed to be there at 11:30 to do a few runs from the museum back to the hotel.  I wasn't paying attention to the time, so when the last song played and the lights came on, I was very surprised to learn that the trolley hadn't shown up.  I called Columbus Trolley, but they never showed up.  I had to get cabs for my 40+ guests that were going back to the hotel - and make sure that everyone had cab fare.  Completely embarassing.

Columbus Trolley blames some company that they subcontracted with for the ugly bus, and the driver for not showing up.  They refunded our money ONLY for the end of the night portion, and refuse to acknowledge that anything else was their fault.  They accused me of trying to get my wedding for free and to profit off of them when I asked for a larger refund.  Their customer service is terrible and unreasonable.
Maybe this is a one-in-a-million situation.  But my sister won't be using them for her weding, and I would advise extreme caution if you want to use them for yours.

Re: Columbus Trolley FAIL

• Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I am really sorry that you had such a bad experience!!  Luckily our hotel is super close to our venue (plus they have their own shuttle!) so we won't have to deal with a headache like that.  *Hugs!*
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is terrible--I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience but appreciate that you shared it to warn others. I will definitely avoid working with them. Even if it was one in a million, they should have treated you better. I do not work with businesses who do not know the definition of customer service.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, that is horrible.  I'm sorry you had such a bad experience.  We are using Bexley Beat for our transportation. 

Thank you for sharing your experience.  I hope the rest of your day was fabulous.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ok.....say a prayer then, because I've already signed the contract and sent in my deposit for our August 20th wedding....

Thanks for the heads up. :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yikes... that is awful and embarrassing (the end of the evening part....) I'm happy to hear that the rest of your day was wonderful!!! Congrats on your marriage!
  • Options
    ecomaramecomaram member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope everything works out for you, skibunnyk!  If they had been reasonable and even given me a partial refund for the 'ugly bus'I would have given them a much better review.  Just stay on top of them and make sure you get the driver's name & cell phone number - they never got that to us.

The rest of my vendors went way beyond my expectations, so this was the only dark spot.
  • Options
    casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've already booked them too for my Dec wedding. Eeesh!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no! Thanks for the heads up. Lots of other brides have raved about their services, but I will definitely take your situation into account when booking our transportation!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about that! We used them last year and had a great experience. They gave us a new trolley,  gave me the driver's name and cell phone, and showed up on time. Hopefully everything else turned out wonderfully for you.
  • Options
    ecomaramecomaram member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Update on my trolley situation -

I filed a complaint with the BBB.  Columbus Trolley responded that I was 'confrontational and agressive'  and refused to pay even the $100 in 'inconvinence' money as stipulated in the contract.
    The BBB has now closed the case as 'unresolved' and given Columbus Trolley a D+ rating.

Please, please use extreme caution if considering this company!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards