Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Bird Seed, Bubbles, Petals??

What is something really unique to throw as we leave the church?? I dont want to use the traditional bird seed, bubbles or flower petals...

Re: Bird Seed, Bubbles, Petals??

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We skipped the toss altogether, but if you want something different, I've heard of popped popcorn or dried lavender being used. Be sure to clear it with your venue first though. Things like balloons, for example, aren't always allowed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    superk9999superk9999 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a butterfly release.  You can order them online, and they come in cute little individual boxes.  You give one to each of your guests to open as you walk up the aisle, and there will be a swarm of butterflies flying up! 
  • Options
    soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No unique ideas here. I tried to look it up online but it's the same suggestion everywhere:Flower petals, lavender seeds, and biodegradable confetti
  • Options
    Deanasheen108Deanasheen108 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have also been looking for something different so far the only 2 ideas that I found & liked were popcorn or rice krispies!
  • Options
    feadorr1feadorr1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try to do something that plays up the theme of your wedding, for example, if your having a Vegas-theme you could do fake/play money.  Maybe it's a fall wedding - have your guests sprinkle hay.  A summer wedding - give your guests mini squirt guns and let 'em spray you on the way out!  If you're into origami then have each guest release a paper swan/bird into the air.  Do you like sweets and sugar?  Give your guests a hand-full of sprinkles!  Or maybe your fiance is into aeronautics - throw mini paper air planes!  Any way you do it, it would be cute to have something personalized and something that may tie into the theme of your wedding!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards