Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

2 maid of honors/2 best men??

Ok- I need your opinions... I am getting married next June and I have chosen my sister, M, to be my MOH even though I have a very best friend, L, (we have been friends since about 5th grade)whom I would have chosen if I didn't have my amazing sister. My fiance has not chosen a best man yet and is stuck between two of his friends. M and fi have been friends forever and are pretty much family, but lately have been busy in thier own separate lives and M doesn't take the time to hang out with fi even though fi tries. D and fi have been friends for about 3 years and hang out a lot, talk a lot, do a lot together. Fi feels M should be chosen because they are (were) like family but is torn because he also feels D should be chosen.

Question- Would having 2 MOHs and 2 Best Men be out of the question? That would allow me to have both my sister and my very best friends and for FI to have both of his friends. ( We are have a wedding party of 6 attendants on each side)

Re: 2 maid of honors/2 best men??

• I am having 2 MOH's and 2 bestmen.  I have two sisters who I could not choose between and my husband has his brother and his best friend that he couldn't choose between  either so we decided to have two.  I am having  6 bridesmaids (including MOH'S) and 6 GM (including bestmen) in my WP.  I don't think there is anything wrong with it.
  • My best friend had 2 of each last October and I loved having that 2nd MOH to bounce ieas and help off of.  I'm doing the same thing in my wedding this September.  :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it depends on on the size of your wedding party. My fiance and I don't have a large party and we're just having groomsmen and bridesmaids since we can't pick just one of each.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • honey its your wedding you can have anything you want, hell if folks dont like it guess what they dont have to attend. not to mention when its about you and your fh no one will say anything about what you do anyway, at least not to your face.
  • 1. You can have 2 MOHs and 2 BMs. I think this would only look bad if there were one non-honor attendant on a side. 

2. I agree that you should be honest. No one should have issue for choosing a sister and a best friend. But make sure they both know it so that they don't find out later at a random time; that causes drama. 

3. To a pp, you don't have to be even. I have 2 MOHs (my sisters) and FI had a BM (his bro) and a GM (my bro). Of course my bro isn't going to be a BM.

I <3 symmetry but it's not a requirement for wedding parties. Have people  you love and want to be there with you on your day, that's the only WP requirement.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was in a wedding where they did exactly that. The bride was close to her sister, but she was young (16ish), so it really wasn't the same as the best-friend relationship. The groom had a brother his age, and a joined-at-the-hip best friend who he refused to exclude. It was totally fine, and it actually worked out that since they didn't have a ring bearer, each of the best men held on to one ring. It was really cute when they each pulled a ring out of their pockets.

Just decide ahead of time which one will stand directly next to you in lines/pictures/etc. My friends decided the sibling goes first.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have having two matrons of honor (my sisters) but FI is only have one BM.  It's your wedding so do what works for you! :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Totally fine. My fiance is very close to his brother, but he's also had a best friend he's really close with for the past several years, so he's having two best men.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards