April 2013 Weddings
Options

Change of wedding plans

Well, it's less than 6 months out, and I'm totally changing my wedding! FI and I talked about, and I made sure I wasn't totally breaking etiquette. But we are downsizing. We canceled our current ceremony venue, to make it my at home church's chapel (and more affordable) and we are having a little dinner. From 80 originally on our guest list, there will now only be 15 people there- our parents, siblings, my 2 nieces, and our wedding party and their significant others. (Thankfully we never sent save the dates!) We are savings a lot of money and stress but still getting the little things we wanted, and mainly- getting married. I'm scared to be making such a change, and I hope I don't regret it, but it's what needs to happen. Anyone else make any big wedding changes lately?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Change of wedding plans

• Options
    Wow!  Good for you!  I sort of wish we had decided to do that but it was really important to FI that his ginormous family was included.  They're a tight-knit bunch up there.  I'm sure it will be great.  Congrats on such a big decision :-)
  • Options
    Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2012
    Aw, congrats :)
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    That sounds like a good change! We really haven't changed anything - probably because we haven't decided on much lol. We are still procrastinating with a lot of stuff!
  • Options
    Congrats, that sounds like a great plan! I'm having a small wedding (probably 30 people max), and sometimes even that feels like it will be too big for my liking! Looking forward to hearing your updates as your new plans develop! :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! It's funny- I have had no interest in the wedding really, until this change was made. Then I found myself excited again because I can personalize easily for only 15 people, and it's not stressful. I'm making it so that I can still use a lot of the stuff I bought before- even though the invites and place cards will go to waste lol. Oh well- still nothing compared to how much we are saving! It is freeing- I feel no stress now and that's awesome!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

It sounds like your wedding will be closer to your dream wedding than you orginially planned. I love the idea of a small ceremony!
    We are in the process of cutting down our guest list, though not as small as yours. My fiance wanted to invite everyone he could think of and we ended up with a first draft guest list of about 150. That was his version of restraint! It turned out that our May 11th ceremony would not work because 2 people who we both absolutely want to come are due in May. We changed it to April last week (when they told us their due dates) and that has made us focus on cutting down on a lot of things. I wanted a small ceremony from the beginning so it's nice to scale down the big affair with too many details to keep up with :)
    Smaller ceremonies are a lot cheaper and less stressful!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think it's a great idea. We're going with 7 guests (1 is also the officiant). That was my fantasy of intimate and stress free.
  • Options
    I did the same thing we completely changed everything except the location because that's free.We went from 150 guests to 40. We canceled the big reception for a backyard bbq. At the end of the day the only thing that matters is that you are rocking his last name.
    The Future Mrs. Burleson Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards