Florida-West Coast

Destination Wedding around Naples, Florida

Hi everyone!

I live in the Northeast. My fiance's family is from the northeaast and my family is from the west coast. Since people have to travel, we decided to have a destination wedding. We're thinking maybe in Florida, since it's still within the country. I have never been, but my fiance has been to Naples. I'm starting to talk to wedding planners, so I have to pull the trigger soon and pick a location. I'm a little nervous about not visiting a place before choosing the location (this will be the case for every possible location).

What is Naples like? I would love to have a beach ceremony that is casual, yet still classy and then a fun reception with dancing and drinking. Since my guests will all be out of town, I'd like the area to be a nice vacation spot for them. Would you guys recommend Naples? Is there anywhere else in Florida you guys might recommend? Thanks!!

Re: Destination Wedding around Naples, Florida

• Anywhere on the gulf coast is beautiful. I feel like Naples, in general, is more expensive. Clearwater, St Pete, Siesta Key, Anna Maria Island -- all beautiful locations with tons of things to do! I have lived in Tampa and now Naples and to be honest, I find Naples kind of borrrrrring. LOL I don't think I would vacation here unless I had a reason -- i.e., wedding or something.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I grew up in Naples - it is a beautiful place! The only issue i'm having in planning is that there are limited venues where you can show off the beauty. The ones I know are great: Naples Beach Club, La Playa, the Ritz, Port Royal Club. These all have pretty water views, so that's why I'm recommending them. There's a nice downtown that has good restaurants and a lot of patio seating - so there are great rehearsal dinner options. All the beaches are public, and beautiful, so it is nice for guests to easily be able to go to the beach. I think you'll love it!

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-west-coast_destination-wedding-around-naples-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:62Discussion:de4aaeb6-16dc-4e97-9ee4-defea2809f89Post:85de80ba-6726-44c9-bd55-3aeccac1cea8">Destination Wedding around Naples, Florida</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi everyone! I live in the Northeast. My fiance's family is from the northeaast and my family is from the west coast. Since people have to travel, we decided to have a destination wedding. We're thinking maybe in Florida, since it's still within the country. I have never been, but my fiance has been to Naples. I'm starting to talk to wedding planners, so I have to pull the trigger soon and pick a location. I'm a little nervous about not visiting a place before choosing the location (this will be the case for every possible location). What is Naples like? I would love to have a beach ceremony that is casual, yet still classy and then a fun reception with dancing and drinking. Since my guests will all be out of town, I'd like the area to be a nice vacation spot for them. Would you guys recommend Naples? Is there anywhere else in Florida you guys might recommend? Thanks!!
    Posted by bb2212[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards