Michigan-Northern
Options

Petoskey Wedding Vendors

Hi!  I am from out of town and have planned a destination wedding for Petoskey at the Perry Hotel.  Does anyone have recommended vendors for me?
I need the following:

Florist - meeting with Bloom Up North, need more suggestions

Cake - meeting with Bella E Dolce, need more suggestions

Hair/Makeup - NO CLUE!!!!

Re: Petoskey Wedding Vendors

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

I am a consultant in Gaylord and cover the Northern Michigan area.  I can send you some information via email if you would like on your requests. 

You can find me at www.ladybugzcreations.com

I also do day of planning and event organization for you if you like.  I reside in Gaylord about a 1/ 2 drive from Petoskey. 

For Floral arrangements, I have found that there are not many around the area.  but will offer some suggestions if I can.  I wish you tons of luck in your wedding. and congrats on your new future how exciting.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For cake, definitely check out Johan's Bakery. I am having my cake done there. They don't have a website, but you can call at any time to get more information.

They are super affordable and willing to work with you to give you what you want. Plus, their cake is amazing! I have had several cakes done there, from birthday cakes to an anniversary cake for my grandparents, and have yet to be disappointed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Aunt B's Cakes and Desserts located in Lake Ann... that is near the Traverse City area. As for florists in that area, that is difficult. Are you opposed to looking into people in the Grand Rapids area? I know there are several florists who will travel... 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look in Traverse City for vendors...all will travel to Petoskey for your wedding, as they are used to that. Just google "Traverse City weddings" and you'll find many vendors to choose from...you could also look in GR, as was suggested, however you'll probably end up paying a lot for their travel time. I also agree that you should look at Aunt B's for your cake. Ann is amazing and very talented.
    --Danielle Sheree BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    crm2007crm2007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Monarch for flowers.  William is awesome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Perry last summer. We used all local vendors, and we were thrilled with each of them.

For the cake, we went with Bella e Dolce. We were on a tight budget, but we ended up with a beautiful and delicious cake. We were very impressed. We met with the people at Johan's, but they came off as kind of unprofessional, and while the cake was good, it didn't taste nearly as great as the samples we had from Bella e Dolce.

For flowers, we used Nature's Garden. Mary there is fantastic.

I had my hair, makeup, and nails done at Bay Harbor. It's a bit pricey, but they do a great job. That salon was actually my only real option, since our wedding was on a Sunday and the other salons in Petoskey were closed. There are a bunch right downtown though.

If you're getting married in Petoskey, I highly recommend going with local vendors. When you have high-quality, reputable, and experienced vendors right there in town, why look anywhere else? You'll just have to pay more for them to travel, and to me it seems kind of a waste to not use local vendors. There's a good sized wedding industry in the Petoskey/Traverse City, and one big plus is that the vendors are all used to working together. Our florist and cake place had worked together countless times, for example, so we didn't have to worry at all about coordinating the flowers that would be placed on the cake as decoration. And the people at the Perry are used to working with the local vendors, so using them will help make things run more smoothly.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi... I might be too late to respond, but you are meeting with the best!  Jennifer at Bloom's is amazing and Kim at Bella e dolce works cake miracles.  As far as hair/ makeup contact La Dolce Vita.

Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kingsley Cakes are amazing, and very nicely priced at $3 dollars a slice, and they also gift to you your aniversary teir.

BJ's Catering is pretty nicely priced and has a lot of options.
    November 2011 Siggy Challenge - February - Venue

Photobucket
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards