Washington-Seattle
Options

NWR - Bored at work

The board is kinda slow today. So I am headed to Vegas for my bachelorette party any one have some good tips on how to drink a lot and not get sick? Or any good hang over cures? I usually stick to one liquor (vodka) and try to drink a lot of water. Take some advil before bed. Any other tips out there?
imageimageimage
Newlywed Athlete Blog
DD Arrived 10/17/2011
2012 Races
Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59

Re: NWR - Bored at work

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I wish I could help but I was sooo sick after my bachelorette party. You don't want any advice from me! :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found the saying "Liquor before beer, you're in the clear.  Beer before liquor, you've never been sicker" pretty true.  Plus. I just make sure I keep within my tolerance level, and before bed, drink a large glass of water + the 2 aspirin I found helps.  Oh yeah, and make sure you do have carbs with your dinner before and avoid spicy foods & seafood (at least that's how it is for me!).
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always stick to vodka. Sticking to 1 alc of choice is best. Don't drink a lot of sugary drinks! Carbs always help me too. And I also drink a big glass of water before bed & carry in with me a bottle or 2 of water too.

I've never used it, but there's that Chaser stuff out there....?

No sugar, lots of carbs, 1 alc of choice & have fun!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah yes, I agree with Ang - stay away from the sugary drinks!  They'll make you sick fast!
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I never heard that before about fish and spicy foods. I will make sure to keep it bland for dinner to keep it on the safe side. We are already planning on carbo loading ;) before hand
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late posting but if you take a B vitamin (high potency - like 50 or 65 mg) with potassium before bed and one again in the morning it'll help.  The vitamin B helps metabolize the alcohol and the potassium will help with the dehydration.  If you don't want to go buy a whole new bottle of vitamins taking two multivitamins before bed and when you wake up works as well.

My hangover saving website in college was: http://www.health911.com/remedies/rem_hang.htm Surprisingly a TON of their "folk" remedies actually work!
  • Options
    ArchelArchel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I take a multivitamin. Of course, now I try to take a multivitamin daily, but it really helps if you take one while/before/after you've been drinking (just one).  Also, yes, those chaser pills really do work!
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• Options
    alyssa324alyssa324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oh I am very late. But I drink one of my kids pedalites. Its all the electrolytes that help.They work amazing. Also have any family who needs oxygen in the area? Take some extra oxygen for 10 min you will feel tons better. Thats what I did whenever I had a hangover at work (the hospital). I completely agree with vitamin B too. Schedule an appt with the doc  the next day for a VB shot it will wipe your plate clean :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Or, if you want plain water with the electrolytes, Smart Water is good.  MOH recommended that to me once. 
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot, FI drank a pedalite too, & he said it works!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards