New York-Upstate

Where are you renting tuxedos from?

Since our wedding planning started we assumed we would get the tuxes from Mens Wearhouse. We went to our local Mens Wearhouse in NJ and were very disappointed. They don't have any samples to look at, you are expected to select a tuxedo from their book and you will not see what it actually looks like until they get delivered 2 days before the wedding. I was not comfortable with this, so we left.

We are now thinking that we will order the tuxes from a local shop in Albany. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've gotten some information from Choppa & Son Formalwear and from Tuxego. Has anyone done business with either of these places?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where are you renting tuxedos from?

• Fi hasn't started to look at tuxes yet, but I've heard some good things about Tuxego.  Most of the Albany tux shop reviews that we've read online have been mixed, so I'd love to know what people on here recommend too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we want to MW as well, they ordered a few styles for my fi to try on and gave a nice discount upon request
  • Tuxedo Junction was great for our wedding (in Syr).....not sure if they have them in Albany?
  • My fiance has been in contact with Tuxego in . . . latham or Niskayuna. He said he really likes them and plans to go with them. He was disappointed with MWH too!
  • We stopped at Choppa & Son yesterday on our way through Albany. Tony was so helpful and made the process very simple and painless! Happy to have one more thing checked of our to do list!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-upstate_renting-tuxedos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:124Discussion:a09d69f2-7893-4d9a-8415-2143181fc03ePost:83b7eaaa-6d29-4759-9055-b84fa8b5cca3">Re: Where are you renting tuxedos from?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We stopped at Choppa & Son yesterday on our way through Albany. Tony was so helpful and made the process very simple and painless! Happy to have one more thing checked of our to do list!
    Posted by jlesp81[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Go to Choppa and Son. My fiance and I were both recently in a friend's wedding. They had him in the shop, fitted and measured and out the door in less than ten minutes and he looked great the day of the wedding. Wish it could have been as fast for me when it came to trying on bridesmaid dresses.

</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards