Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Help, Tiny wedding group (15 people total) need a venue

I'm almost at my wits end, I'm trying to locate a venue in the east valley for less than 1500 including drinks, food, and decor, everything but the flowers the actual alcohol and favors. Now we have found one place that fits our budget, but there is one problem...Fiance doesn't like the location of the place, its the antique wedding house.

I pitched to him the idea of just going to a restaurant after having the ceremony in a location that we would be happier with but he thinks that it would be tacky for me to show up in my wedding dress.

Does any know know of any more places for a wedding for such a tiny group that would be as inclusive as the one at AWH? And if we decided to forgo that venue and just have the reception at a nice restaurant do you think that it would be tacky for the bridal party to be dressed up, especially me to be in my wedding dress?

Re: Help, Tiny wedding group (15 people total) need a venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Why would it be tacky?   I'm sure it would be a lot easier to find a restaurant that has a private dining room that you can use (like anyone else with a bigger wedding would do for a rehearsal dinner), and just inform the manager or whoever that you book with that you want it to be a small private wedding reception for 15 people.

The only other place I can think of that I priced out that low would be Chapel at the Farm in Gilbert...  and that might be a hard sell if your FI wasn't happy with antique house.  We went to go to the open house there, and my FI drove up and saw the Chapel at the farm location, and didn't even want to look at it, so we ended up leaving.  You can try though, and see if he's receptive to it.
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    yeah we looke at them too, didnt like them we also checked out cozy weddings which was right down the street, we didnt like them either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't suggest a venue, but I agree; there's no reason it would be tacky. I mean, it'd look pretty weird if you just showed up at a Denny's or something (without making prior arrangements, I mean), but other than that I see absolutely nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    nycegrrl99nycegrrl99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have him look at the Landmark in Mesa? It's very pretty & reasonable. They have all kinds of banquet options.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I actually contacted them about a week ago...they never contacted me back :c
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try again, Landmark is very pretty- and you can do Maggiano's Little Italy toohttp://www.maggianos.com/banquets/virtual_details.asp?unit_id=001.025.0182
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Maggiano's they have really good food and a great atmosphere. PLUS its one of my FI favorite restaurants, thanks Iarguello I will have to bring this up to him and see what he thinks.
  • Options
    sari5765sari5765 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, no tips on the venue, but as for the dress- I don't think it's tacky at all. Also, even if it were, who cares? You bought the thing, probably worked hard to look good in it, and you only get to wear it once for a couple of hours? No way. I'm wearing mine everywhere, even to the after party at Denny's if it suits my fancy. My mother thinks we should just dress up and take photos of us in our dresses EVERYWHERE. I agree. Seriously, if it comes March and you se a chick in a dress wandering around downtown- that'll be me. :)
    check out our wedding blog at http://kellyandsari.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_arizona-phoenix_tiny-wedding-group-15-people-total-need-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:71Discussion:0a1356f6-5f7e-4e4d-833e-a67d130aeb78Post:1815cc88-6910-4f6c-b930-32afbb21c5cb">Re: Help, Tiny wedding group (15 people total) need a venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, no tips on the venue, but as for the dress- I don't think it's tacky at all. Also, even if it were, who cares? You bought the thing, probably worked hard to look good in it, and you only get to wear it once for a couple of hours? No way. I'm wearing mine everywhere, even to the after party at Denny's if it suits my fancy. My mother thinks we should just dress up and take photos of us in our dresses EVERYWHERE. I agree. <strong>Seriously, if it comes March and you se a chick in a dress wandering around downtown- that'll be me.</strong> :)
    Posted by sari5765[/QUOTE]

It might be me too, cause I TOTALLY agree!  LOL

I told my FI that we are taking a trip to vegas one day or weekend just so I can wander around another town in it for fun too.  Why not?! 
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL you guys are so awesome ^____^

I ran the idea by him and he loved it and demanded that I get information about that venue now. Pending on price of the place we may have found our venue and also have one very happy bride to be, he was even so excited that he stated "Why wait?" I simply replied...but my dress isnt ready yet and he just laughed, I think that this has been the best conversation we have had so far since we have started planning.

Thank you every one ^____^
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it! Best wishes!
    Realistic Idealist Extrordinaire Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Updated 9/28/10
    Planning Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards