New York-Long Island

Wedding recap and vendor reviews :)

Hi there - it's been a month since my wedding and I´m just now finding time to write reviews of my vendors in hopes that it will help some of you ladies in your research for your own wedding :)

My wedding was May 29th and I have to say that I am so happy that we had such beautiful weather that day because of all the rain we had the week before....

Overall, everything went smoothly and relatively minimal problems (at least ones that I actually know about). There were some things that occurred, but I managed to blow them off and not let them ruin the day. I suggest to you all to put at least one person in charge of dealing with issues - like if someone comes to you in a panick about church flowers and how they should go into the limo to be transported to the reception hall, send them to the designated person to deal with it....it's your day and you should not be dragged into other people's bs and drama.

So now to the vendors:

Limo: Black Tie Limousine - F

I´m leaving the link to their website since there are several companies using the same name: http://www.blktielimo.com/

Absolutely horrible! Ok, well, they did arrive on time and got us to where we needed to be, so that was fine, however - the limo smelled like PISS. Yes, pee-pee and barnyard smell. Unfortunately, it was too late to do anything about it really.....we needed some transport to the church then reception hall, but the fact that the limo smelled this way is completely unacceptable. Oh yea, they also did not have the ac running and it was blazing hot outside.....they also did not have the bottle of champagne that was included chilled....for the money we paid this company - so not worth it. My mother called them to complain too and at some point during the day, the owner of the company - Patricia - left a message in my voicemail saying that she personally inspected the limo that morning and there was nothing wrong with it. (She needs to have her nose checked, I guess)

Florist: Dalsimer - B+

Beautiful flowers, but I question their business practices, which is why they did not get an A......so just make sure you have everything down to the letter in writing with these guys beforehand to save any headaches later on.

Photographer: Fleur De Lees - A++++++

What can I say about this photographer that hasn't been said already. These ladies do an excellent job, are great at what they do, and have a great eye for photos. They do traditional shots and well as photo journalistic - so you get the best of both worlds. I absolutely adored working with them and would recommend them to anyone. Period. Forget the preferred vendors bs (unless they happen to be the preferred vendor) - go with these guys and you will not be disappointed.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fleur-de-lees-Photography/140411464513

Video: Elite Video - A+ (so far)

We are waiting for the final product, but the owner of the company was a pleasure to work with and I am confident that the end result will come out beautifully. He did make us do a few cheesy things, but we just laughed and went along with it. This guy has been in the business for 30 years and knows his stuff, so we were in good hands all day. I will give an update once we get the final video back, but overall, I would recommend, especially if you are looking for a cost effective option. We got lucky with this guy too - our original videographer bailed on us one month before the wedding so we needed to find someone fast.....Bob, the owner, is reliable and came through for us big time.

Reception hall: Swan Club - A+++++++

I cannot say enough great things about this place - really. These guys from day one when we signed the contract with them were absolutely amazing from beginning to end. They really are pros and great at what they do - from the venue itself, the grounds, to the food, to the overall service - these guys went above and beyond for our wedding so there's no doubt in my mind about this place. One of my aunts who came to the wedding was with a walker and the staff doted on her and made sure she was well taken care of, as they did for all of our guests. The food - amazing and everyone is still talking about it a month later.

Sound/DJ company: IAN Audio - A+

Ok, one thing you should know is that my hubby and I are djs - not wedding djs - but international big club/festival djs - so we programmed the music ourselves. We still needed someone to provide the sound, dj setup, lights -and these guys brought in top quality meyer speakers for this as well as full dj setup. If you know anything about sound, you will know that meyer sound is top notch, used for big room clubs and concerts. IAN Audio dj weddings too, but we really were anal about the music being played at the wedding, so pretty much we just gave them a bunch of 20 minute sets and told them to hit play. One of our friends from Spain did an impromptu dj set during the wedding too, which added a nice touch to the party.....was really fun and everyone was dancing for most of the night once dinner was over.

Oh, anyone who wants a free one hour 'cocktail hour' music mix, just hit me up and I'll send you the link to it....we had to give it to our video guy so it's uploaded on our server :)

So yea, that pretty much covers everything....hope this helps. Happy planning :)

Re: Wedding recap and vendor reviews :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards