Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

Advise

I have been taking on little project lately and have more rolling in my head. While all these projects/things are pretty cheap, they all really add up eventually (personalized napkins, drink stirs, picture frames, etc). I am just wondering, if this is all really worth it??? Do people actually pay attention to the small stuff, or am I just wasting a lot of time and money?
"There are three things that remain - faith, hope, and love - and the greatest of these is love." Corinthians 13:13 Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Advise

• Options
    Some stuff is worth it and some isn't.  No, I don't think most people will notice napkins and drink stirrers. If you're trying to budget, spend money on important stuff like the food and music.  People will definitely notice that.  The little details are fun and they make YOU feel like your wedding was more special.  I spent time on details too and it made me happy but I wouldn't do it if it put me over budget.  
  • Options
    I've never really paid attention to it. I couldn't even tell you now who's done personalized little things and who hasn't in the weddings I've been to. Like Theresa said, spend money on the more important stuff: food, music, bar offerings.
  • Options
    Definitely what pp's said. For me, I wanted the personalized napkins, but scratched a lot of the other stuff to save money. I know for me when I go to weddings and they have napkins, I always take an extra for my scrapbook/photo album esp if it is a close friend or family member. And don't sweat the small things - it more important to have good food and drinks than the extra frills and thrills such as photo booths and huge candy bars, etc at least imo.
  • Options
    Definitely don't put yourself over budget on the extras.  As PP's said people won't notice them as much as you do, but they will remember how good your food was and your bar.  We looked into some of the stuff but didn't think it was worth the money for a lot of the extras. 

The one personalized thing we had was drink stirrers.  They were actually H's idea, and it was pretty cute that he googled ideas and found it and was so excited to make them, so I couldn't tell him no.  They were really cheap to make too, so that could be an option for you.  All we bought were blank return address labels, and wooden stirrers from Hobby Lobby.  He printed them out with our names and date, and had black and white damask on it, and the came out really cute.  I think we spent $20 for about 600 of them.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The wedding industry vendors make it so difficult for us brides to determine what's good and what's not...

I didn't do wedding napkins, and it was well worth it... why would you want something with a little bit of an embellishment, that will ultimately meet the trash can?  Is it really worth it?

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards