Honeymoon Discussions
Options

What do you often forget to pack?

I'm actually trying to plan OOT for my DW and I'm wondering what are some common things that you normally forget to pack? It won't be as easy as running to a Walgreens so I wanted to try to pick up some of the most left behind items for their bags. TIA
Last Post 7/8 Leave for Paradise 7/9 Our Beach Wedding 7/13

Planning Bio

Re: What do you often forget to pack?

• Options
    i ALWAYS forget to bring a razor.
  • Options
    K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    Toothpaste/toothbrush

Photobucket
  • Options
    Toothbrush,
    Contact Case/solution
    Camera
    Deodorant
    Razor

I have forgotten all of those on different trips.

• Options
    Socks and Deodorant
  • Options
    Sunscreen, or I pack a small thing of it when I need a big thing. 
    Deoderant
    Brush/comb
    Glasses, when I used to wear them and contacts (Thanks Lasik!!!)

I usually just keep a toiletries bag packed now, with basic makeup, tooth brush/paste, mini shampoo, lotion, etc. That way I can just add a few things and be ready to go.
  • Options
    Sadly I always seem to forget my medicine (birth control, allergy meds, etc) I would be the person who always forgets the MOST important thing. I have gotten better about it though!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_forget-pack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:ac6d1e6b-c155-41fe-93b5-e19c7e735135Post:a86095eb-4e3b-4333-8909-0ba443dbc261">Re: What do you often forget to pack?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sunscreen, or I pack a small thing of it when I need a big thing.  Deoderant Brush/comb Glasses, when I used to wear them and contacts (Thanks Lasik!!!) <strong>I usually just keep a toiletries bag packed now, with basic makeup, tooth brush/paste, mini shampoo, lotion, etc. That way I can just add a few things and be ready to go.
    </strong>Posted by Karen's MOH[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

But I often forgot lotion, razor and toothbrush/paste.

Also, I'd bring at least one more sunscreen than you think you need!  DH and I both tanned a bit before the wedding, and both tan easily and we went through 5 large bottles for 7 days
  • Options
    ALWAYS deodorant.  I have about 5 things of it in my medicine cabinet at home just because I have to buy new stuff everytime I go somewhere!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    I often forget socks, underwear, and/or bras.  For some reason I just focus on the main parts of the outfit and forget what does underneath.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cell phone charger! 
  • Options
    Band Aids, eye drops and extra batteries and/or chargers for cameras/phones/iPods etc... 
  • Options
    mica178mica178 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    chargers, socks, toothpaste
  • Options
    I always make a list of things before I leave and cross them out as I put them in my bag.  That's been quite helpful because I can't remember one time where I forgot something...I hope I didn't just jinx myself.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_forget-pack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:ac6d1e6b-c155-41fe-93b5-e19c7e735135Post:8f2e21ad-897c-4e84-b882-0560cd51d74c">Re: What do you often forget to pack?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Band Aids,</strong> eye drops and extra batteries and/or chargers for cameras/phones/iPods etc... 
    Posted by Girlie1030[/QUOTE]

Good one! I can't tell you how many packages of bandaids I've had to buy when I have a blister I just can't keep walking on.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_honeymoon_forget-pack?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:11Discussion:ac6d1e6b-c155-41fe-93b5-e19c7e735135Post:96fe150d-0bc9-423c-a7b9-69a07d483492">Re: What do you often forget to pack?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What do you often forget to pack? : Good one! I can't tell you how many packages of bandaids I've had to buy when I have a blister I just can't keep walking on.
    Posted by Karen's MOH[/QUOTE]

Second skin is my savior with blisters.  It's awesome you don't feel a thing when you put it on.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
      I always forget my toothbrush.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I have forgotten basically everything PPs have said. What I do now is walk through every inch of every room and look in every drawer/cabinet. It's tedious, but that way I never forget anything!
    Vacation
  • Options
    pittypitty member
    First Comment
    Matches. I hate stinky bathrooms.
  • Options
    honestly-nothing. we have all of our travel size toiletries in a special box so it's just easy to throw the bag of them in my suitcase and i have perpetual travel list that i cross things off on as I pack.

• Options
    One thing I never want to pack, but do, are gym shoes. They look lame, but are awesome if you decide on a whim to hike or bike or jog somewhere.

Ditto PPS on bringing your own sunblock - better brands and much better prices.  We also sometimes bring a small soft-sided cooler thing to throw in a beach bag for water if we are going to be out all day at the beach away from the hotel -its tiny but will hold 2-4 bottles. Silly, but we usually we pack a box of granola bars as well, just for an on-the-go snack when we are out and about and don't want to stop or a quick breakfast bite if the other is sleeping in.  (My SO needs to eat every few hours - that man's metabolism is insane!)
  • Options
    What a great post!  This just helped me make my list. Razor and deoderant are the top picks for things I forget.  Face cleanser is up there on the list too.
  • Options
    I agree meds I always forget those and sunscreen and money.

• Options
    razors.

I keep everything else in bag just for travel.  For some reason I do not keep a razor in there.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    At least with razors, socks, ect you can buy. Unless they are prescription meds.

• Options
    underwear.  anytime i travel (overseas especially) i ALWAYS forget underwear.  it's become a running joke with my friends that i have a fabulous collection of weird, international drug store undies.  always a fun conversation to translate when you're reading out of a guidebook and asking strangers for directions too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards