Retro and Vintage Weddings

call me crazy!

so dont laugh but i talked my MOH into trying a brizilian wax with me. neither of us have ever done it before and i though hey it might be something i want to do before that wedding so i'm testing it out!lol wish me luck

Re: call me crazy!

• Wow, that must have been some great salesmanship! I'm too shy to do it-- let me know how invasive they were.
    Photobucket
  • They are pretty invasive... if you are modest, I suggest doing it in a town outside of where you live and work with little chance of ever running into the person doing the waxing again. lol

It worked out, though, and I was smooth for a while, but be prepared to end the appointment on all fours so that they can get your.. most nether of regions.
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • I used to work at a health food store and my gynocologist would come through my line... you don't ever want that experience.

I waxed my legs a few years ago and since I have really sensitive skin I had red bumps for days. They weren't ingrown hairs, just little bumps for each hair follicle. I would consider a bikini but red bumps are not sexy. Shaving works just fine for now.
    Anniversary
  • LOL where did you go that they made you get on all fours?! I've never had to do that!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • ahaha, and i thought making my moh try a spray tan with me that i *thought* i wanted was pulling on the friendship strings. she would NEVER do this with me... let us know how it goes...
  • My MOH and I will never do that together. That crosses the line of sisterly bonding between us. You are both brave souls!
  • oh man. OUCH! i considered getting one for my wedding for like a split second. then i chickened out. id also be worried about red bumps and stuff since my skin is super sensitive

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • I've done them before...if you can make it through the pain they are TOTALLY worth it. I certainly plan on starting up again before my wedding.
    I would suggest that if you DO decide to go with the option that you do it for like 3 months in a row. That way your skin is use to the abuse and do the last session at lease 3 days before your wedding so your skin has time to calm down.
    It's not exactly a pretty sight right after you get it done...lol.
    *Katie & David* July 22nd 2011 Our Shindig and Blog Updated Weekly! Wedding Countdown Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Also if you can find a place that offers it do sugaring instead! It doesn't pull off your skin like waxing, just the hair.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lol, I did it at Daired's in Arlington. I was expecting the all fours thing because I had googled Brazillians, but I thought maybe it wouldn't happen.. and then it did. The most awkward part was her telling me I could go ahead and stand up and so I stood up completely bottomless and she gave me a mirror to ask me how it looked... ummm it's fine, just let me put on my pants! lol
    Disclaimer: Please excuse the above comment. I'm probably freaking out because there is less than one month to go. Thank you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Our Huge Planning Blog :) * Updated 06/11

July 2011 Bride
  • lol omg! i dont know if i wanna do it anymore! lol my MOH did tell me that if it hurt she was gonna punch me in the arm and i said ok cuz i know its going to hurt and i know my wedding is still nine months away so the bruse will have time to heal! lol
  • oh i cant wait to hear how this goes!!! you are a brave soul LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker photo dip1004.jpg
  • edited August 2010
    Good Luck! I recently did that too and I will do it again! But it was a little awkward

Surprised take some ibuprofin before you go
    Oct1201212 Twins born at 34w2d, Allison, 3lb,4oz-Ethan, 4lb7oz, both 16 1/2 inches. Out of Difficulties Grow Miracles BestBuddiesBoy AprilPosseMultiLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards