Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

When/Where did you register?

Where did you register, and did you have a good experience?  No honeymoon registries, please.  

And how far out from the wedding did you set up your registry?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When/Where did you register?

• Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got married in July and registered sometime mid-January.  We specifically waited until all the Christmas stuff was removed for stores and the new merchandise was out.

We registered at Bed Bath and Beyond in person and Macy's online.  The woman at BB&B in the Metroplex was a little cooky, and made references to JEGs on a bearskin rug, but she was really nice and very helpful.

Be aware of Target registry.  I don't have any personal experience, but from what I hear, they can be a nightmere.  Their return policy is awful and the merchandise is turned over so frequently, what you register for might not be there when your guest go to purchase it.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    December 2010 snowstorm, so a year before and I had to make a ton of changes.

We registered at Macy's and Target. I had no problems with either.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm only registered at Macy's... and I did it a little earlier than I probably should have, only because I know that this time of year for me is CRAZY.  So we did our registry in November.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Macys and Bed Bath & Beyond.  Most of our stuff was on the BB&B registry, but our dishes and a few other items were from Macys.

ETA: Forgot the when part.... I think we registered in March-ish for our August wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    BBB, Pottery Barn, Amazon.co.uk, and a dept store here.  
    We went in Dec for our May wedding b/c that's when we could.  

We did Amazon b/c Americans can buy with their cc online and it will be shipped to our house.  We can get heavy things, as well as stuff that plugs in here.  

FMIL insisted on the dept. store here, although my aunt suggested Harrods and I laughed, she was serious.  
    edited December 2011
    >>FMIL insisted on the dept. store here, although my aunt suggested Harrods and I laughed, she was serious. <<

why did you laugh?  Am I missing the joke?
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whenwhere-did-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b03ad049-f260-41d1-b9b7-5e72857c6828Post:9b458bae-a7a4-4789-a107-d521f01c45e9">Re: When/Where did you register?</a>:
    [QUOTE] />>FMIL insisted on the dept. store here, although my aunt suggested Harrods and I laughed, she was serious. << why did you laugh?  Am I missing the joke?
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

<div>It's redic in price.  Insane.  </div>
  • edited December 2011

Harrods is awesome, but for us it would be like registering at Neiman Marcus.  You'd get a teacup for $100.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Macy's and Sears. We found basically everything we wanted on Macy's but FI wanted some tools and electronic stuff from Sears. We just registered this month and our wedding is in May. We didn't want to register before this month because we probably would have had a ton of changes to make after the holidays.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_whenwhere-did-register?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:b03ad049-f260-41d1-b9b7-5e72857c6828Post:26ae3557-cf6a-4c3e-8ff0-c7a8e5092986">Re: When/Where did you register?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Harrods is awesome, but for us it would be like registering at Neiman Marcus.  You'd get a teacup for $100.
    Posted by Beagle211[/QUOTE]

<div>Only it's more expensive and worse b/c of the exchange rate.  </div>
    edited December 2011
    Ahhh..  I guess as a born and raised American, I wouldn't understand ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think we registered in March/April for our July wedding. We went with Macy's (really only for our china and silverware) and BB&B for everything else.

With BB&B, the lady wanted to walk around the store with us and "help" us. We just told her that we had already scouted some things, and she still semi-stalked us, but it wasn't a big deal. I understand that it's easier if you set your registry up online before going into the store because they can just give you the gun and send you on your way.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macy's and Williams-Sonoma. We put some things on super early because we were thrown a few engagement parties and the hosts wanted somewhere to send guests who asked about gifts. We only put on things that early that wouldn't matter if they were discontinued (pizza stone, kitchen gadgets, mattress pad, etc). We will probably finish registering in by the start of spring for our July wedding.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    we registered at BBB and Macy's. We started the registry in July 14 months prior to our wedding lol. It's never too eraly to get started. You can take your time building up the list. Plus I liked doing it that early since there really wasn't much to plan that early on.
  • edited December 2011
    We registered at Kohls. I might do something at BB&B, but I'm not too crazy about their stores for some reason. FI and I have both been married before, and we've both had/have houses of our own, so we're kinda just upgrading some stuff.

I registered at Target for my first wedding- PITA. The return policy is jacked. BB&B- I hadn't even registered with them, and we ended up getting these God-awful terrible wine glasses- 3 boxes of them from the same person. They let me return them, because one of their stores somewhere carried them, and I ended up getting my KA mixer for around $30 once I used the credits & the gift cards we had gotten.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    we registered at BBB in Oct for our June wedding. I only did it before Christmas because some family members bought of stuff from it. I have revised it since online, but had FI change the password so I couldnt snoop anymore :) LOL
  • ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    We registered in July for our April wedding.  We got some stuff for our engagement party, and also for Christmas.

We did Macy's and BB&B.  We also have a small (maybe 10 things) Amazon registry for some random stuff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I did it about 6 months before, registered at Bed Bath & Beyond, Macys and Crate and Barrel. 
  • edited December 2011
    We registered in May for our November wedding. Even though my shower was in August, I still had to change some items due to them being discontinued. We registered at Macy's and Bed, Bath and Beyond. I must express my LOVE for Macy's. I never used to shop their because I always pictured it as an "expensive" store... Well my mom convinced us to register there and we are SOOOOO glad we did! They send you coupons all of the time, you can use their coupons on sale items, etc. Also, we signed up for star rewards which you get 5% back of the costs of the items that you guests buy for you.... They send you a gift card with that amount 45 days after your wedding! Also, after your wedding you get 10% off all remaining items and every other week you get 20% off! I got my wine and water goblets for an amazing price all because I waited and used coupons...

As for Target, we did not register there because the Sept before our wedding, my friend got married and used them. When we went to buy her a shower gift... they had NOTHING that she registered for! I got so frustrated.... everything was "Buy online..."
  • edited December 2011
    We registered at BB&B, Crate and barrel and Macy's. Were getting married Marc 12, 2011. I think we registered in November.... However since after Christmas we needed to make a number of changes as there were a lot of items that were no longer available.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    On my list of things to do for our July 2 wedding. We're thinking Macy's and Crate & Barrell.  We'll probably get around to it sometime before the end of February.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi date twin :)

Paprika--Don't even get me started on Target's return policy.  They wouldn't let me return a PC game WITH A RECEIPT because it was opened.  The darn thing wouldn't install on my computer because my computer was too old and didn't have a large enough sound card.... how do you expect me to know whether or not it's going to load? 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • cc+mmcc+mm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We registered about 8 months before our wedding (this past Sept for our April 2011 wedding), because family was asking to buy us engagement presents. We registered at BB&B, Crate & Barrel and Pottery Barn. The only thing that was discontinued was our crystal and I justed deleted it and never added anything else. Out of all of them, my favorite so far has been Crate & Barrel. I had my shower yesterday and almost everything is gone from that registry. Almost nothing was purchased from our Pottery Barn registry, but a lot of the stuff on there is back ordered...some until after our wedding :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards