Moms and Maids
Options

Bridesmaid gift ideas?

I am struggling w/ ideas for bridesmaid gifts. Do you usually get something nicer or more expensive for the MOH? I also have 3 childhood friends who are going to be readers. I would like to get them a little something, but not sure what would be appropriate. Any ideas or if you just want to share what you are planning to do would be good and maybe even inspirational!

Re: Bridesmaid gift ideas?

• Options
    bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it were Christmas or their birthdays, what would you give them?  Go with that.  Asking strangers for ideas for personal gifts is probably not the best way to go since you know them and we don't.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    edited December 2011
    Ditto brooke.  You don't have to get them all the same thing.  Think about their interests and likes.  And then shop accordingly. Matchy-matchy is completely unnecessary.  Wouldn't you rather receive something that shows that your friend thought about you than to get the same tote bag stuffed with Bath and Body Lotion stuff that every other girl received?

And yes, it would be lovely to get your readers a small token of thanks.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    emmy82087emmy82087 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For the readers, you could get them a gift card to a nice place like the melting pot or cheesecake factory. for the MOH, you can get her something special gift (when i was MOH i got a diamond tennis bracelet!) or you can accent her differently. she can have different flowers, a sash, a different color dress, a bigger bouquet than the other BMs, etc...I still havent figured out what to get my MOH who is my sister!!
    Mrs. Emily Wolcott June 11, 2011 :)
  • Options
    trix1223trix1223 member
    edited December 2011
    emmy8:  your inner bride siggy is huge.  Can you please resize it so that it's smaller?
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    lmd621lmd621 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see your points that I should do something I would give them for a birthday or Christmas, I guess I was putting more pressure on myself to make the gifts a bit more special than usual. Thanks for the thoughts! :)
  • Options
    rgeddyrgeddy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how much are people spending? average?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards