October 2012 Weddings
Options

OMG!

Just saw this post on the honeymoon board.. are you kidding me?!?!?

"We are broke and wont be having a honeymoon :( unless we could get a little help. Any little bit would help http://traviscarriehoneymoon.chipin.com/honeymoon"

I had to share.. I thought it was the tackiest most ridiculous thing I'd seen in a while and I live in Vegas!

Re: OMG!

• Options
    umm wow!

i always get turned off by getting invites with people asking me to pay for their honeymoon or photographer, but on the knot, cmon! that is tacky and rude....no offense to anyone on this board, but bluntly, if you cant afford it, find another way to do it or dont do it, dont ask your guests to pay for it....
  • Options
    i saw that and thought it was beyond tacky.  did  you notice that was her first post.  "Hi you don't know me from Adam but will you give me money for my honeymoon??"
  • Options
    Seriously? What is wrong with people? I guess it's marginally (if even) better than the person on the budget board asking for people to donate so she could have a $10,000 wedding. 
  • Options
    I dont think its any better!  There are some bold people in this world.  Everytime I see one of these posts I keep thinking we should just make a list of everyone that could "use a little help" with their weddings so the people dying to just throw their money away will know where to send it. lol  I'm guessing it would be a long list!!!  Of course those of us that have a grip on reality know that we just need to plan according to our budget and not beg from strangers.
    Counting the days until I marry the man of my dreams. Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The only thing that I can say is WOW!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    SO TACKY!! I can't believe that....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • Options
    Holy moly!!! I would NEVER!!!!
    weddingpic
  • Options
    Never would I ever! The girls on E would TEAR her apart. If you can;t afford a honeymoon then don't go on one. Don't expect me to pay for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

i commented on this girls post and its no longer in my watching threads.  So either TK ate it (lucky her) or she deleted it entirely.  But i thought you could delete your original post and the comments from others would stay. 

• Options
    maybe enough people flagged it that the knot people removed it?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards