Missouri-Kansas City

Postcard stamps and GRR!

First drama with all of my wedding planning.  So I bought postcard stamps a week ago on April 12.  I also bought my other wedding invitations stamps at this time.  I think nothing about it because I ask the post office worker if there were any other postcard stamps other than the Polar Bear ones. She told me no.

I found out today after I mailed my invitations that apparently the postcards stamps have gone up a cent.  My invitations were already sealed and in the mail after I found this out.  I am so mad because the postcard stamp price went up on April 17th.  I bought my postcard stamps 5 days earlier and never once did the postal worker mention this to me.  GRR! 

Now I am worried whether my RSVP postcard will make it back to us since we used the old 28 cent stamps.  The only address we have is ours.  So anyone have any idea if they will still mail them to us and simply ask us to pay the difference. Sure hope so or none of my RSVP will make it back.

Hope this helps others that were working on invites and have the old postcard stamps too.

Re: Postcard stamps and GRR!

• edited December 2011
    We put an extra stamp on all our postcards, knowing they would go up shortly after we sent them out (it was really hot too, a polar bear and a lamp, random). 

I'm pretty sure if there is insufficient postage it will go back to the person trying to mail it, so, your guests. Stupid Post Office, don't they know this is wedding season?! I guess you could trying calling the Post Office and asking, I don't know if they have a secret "buffer" date that they don't tell people about or something.
  • kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Usually insufficiant postage goes to the recipient, they will get a little envelope asking them for a penny!!  It happened randomly to 3 of my invites, saying they were 40 cents short!  Sounds like that postal worker chose not to tell you or didn't think about it.  Mine updated me on all the upcoming changes back in March!
  • kissamarykissamary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well that's good to know.  I have a few post card style rsvp's for weddings in June that I need to send back.  They have 28 cent stamps too...lame
  • edited December 2011
    Same thing happened to me too, however the girl at the post office told my mom and I the price increase wasn't going to happen until MAY 1st... So we asked for our response cards back by then, and now come to find out they changed it April 17th! I feel your pain, so aggravating!!
  • chyleinachyleina member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto, PP. Pretty sure they just charge your recipient a penny. Which is still ridiculous. Sorry to hear about the issues...deep breath! They will all get their invites! Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards