New York-Western
Options

Spa Elan at Woodcliff?

Has anyone used them for hair & makeup?

I'm having my reception there and think it would be the easiest solution, but I just get a weird vibe from the salon.  My fiance thinks I'm being a little ridiculous, and I might be.  I think I would feel better if I could find more than one review online...
Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Spa Elan at Woodcliff?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope but I'm using them for my wedding too. Definitely a convenience factor... very expensive though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies!
    I have a trial next weekend with Leah at Spa Elan. I've heard good things about her so I thought I'd just go get a feel early on before I make a final decision. I also think it would just be the most convenient option for me and my bridesmaids...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a trial this morning, just hair to try and get a feel for the place. I'll post back when it's done!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everything went well.  I feel a million times better :)

I took that one myself...they can't take pictures, but that's okay...they're not photographers!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks great! I am glad you are relieved! I hope I am after my trial! Who did your hair today? Are you getting make-up there too? 
    I feel like I'll be cheating on my regular hair dresser who keeps talking to me about my wedding hair, i just think it will be so much more convenient to do it there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My usual hair-dresser wouldn't be convienent at all, so I don't feel too bad...He's close to the church, but we'd have to go up to Webster and then back down to the Woodcliff and then get the limo to take us back up...

Nicole did my hair today, I liked that she listened to what I wanted :)  I will get my make-up done, but I didn't go with a make-up trial.  Figure if I really hate it the day of, I can always wash my face and re-do it...not ideal, but since you pay the full price for a trial...I'm cheaping out :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a trial for hair and makeup next weekend too. I can't remember who it's with off the top of my head though. I'll let you all know how it comes out.

Kat- How long was your trial? I'm not 100% sure of what I want so I'm concerned they may rush me or only let me try one style.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine lasted about 45 minutes, I didn't feel rushed.  But I pretty much knew what I wanted.  

I wouldn't excpet them to do an up-do and then take it all back down and put it back up in a different style without charging you for 2 up-dos...I wish!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shan-maybe I'll see you next weekend!  I'm not really sure what I want yet either. Will post!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kat! I'm an October 2011 Woodcliff bride too! Small world! I am glad to see you enjoyed your trial, I am going for mine in a couple of weeks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-western_spa-elan-woodcliff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:622Discussion:975eb605-8ba1-479c-b030-68c44bb0d606Post:6c13bfa4-d59b-40a9-b776-4b90a28ffd85">Re: Spa Elan at Woodcliff?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Kat! I'm an October 2011 Woodcliff bride too! Small world! I am glad to see you enjoyed your trial, I am going for mine in a couple of weeks!
    Posted by ksflips4@frontiernet.net[/QUOTE]

<div>So's Jenny!</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>Just an update too... I contacted them to schedule my actual wedding day on Saturday afternoon.  I still haven't heard back from any one :(</div>
  • Options
    apaadzzzzapaadzzzz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I  actually used to work there, I won't elaborate for aninimity reasons. But if you have another option I would go with it. Leah is great, but I have definitely seen better as far as styling goes. The thing about Spa Elan, is it is a spa. Their focus is more on spa services than salon services. The makeup line they use is also not really the best for event/photography make up. HTH, and I am not saying they are bad, just that I think you could definitely have better.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    apaadzzzz: I assume you're in the industry?  Have any recommendations?  They still haven't called me back.  I'm giving them until Friday, which is a little ridiculous IMO (I called Saturday, like I was told when I left after the trial!)  After that, I'm canceling anything they might have thought I booked and going elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh boy! Of all the things I should be stressed about, the hair is on the top of the list! Yes, recommendations please! Kat, I'll let you know what I think on Saturday. Let me know if you hear back from them..that's crazy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did hear back.  I called on Wednesday and mentioned that I hadn't heard from them even though I was told I would get a call Sunday.

About 2 hours later I got a call back.  I decided just to set everything up there.  It's just so much more convienent. (But EVERYONE is an out of towner except me.  And I'm staying at the hotel the night before too.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OK so I went for my trial at Woodcliff on Saturday and really loved what she did with my hair!  I will post pics as I'm just getting back from a night away but I had her start with it down and ended up with something different and pulled back but I thought she was great to work with and I feel SO relieved about the whole hair situation. I actually went and tried on my dress (the sample since mine isn't in yet) with the hair style and was just amazed at how it all came together. Definitely pleased and much more at ease! Now I just need to tell my regular hairdresser...yikes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenny- I'm glad to hear you had a good expierence!
  • Options
    CREDIT CARD SCAM!  Yesterday we tried to order a $140 gift card to Spa Elan over the phone. For some unknown reason they tried to split the charge into 1 $25 payment and then double charge us the $115.  Our fraud protection thankfully declined the 2 115 charges, but the 25 is still pending.   After 3 calls to the credit card company and 4 to the spa, the manager Lisa claimed it was all taken care of and became hostile and hung up on me when I wasn't more excited apparently at the huge aggrevation and time waste this was trying to purchase this gift.  Our bank says it is their machine that is the problem (as confirmed by one of their employees who said they've had this problem before) and we still have to call back again in 3-5 days to see if the $25 has been returned.  I have no idea what their services are like, but I certainly wouldn't pay with a credit card!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards