July 2012 Weddings
Options

Littlemoments! And anyone else who is DIYing invites!

What adhesive did you use to mount your invites onto your pocketfold?? I saw on C&P that they recommend this Zip Dry glue and that it works wonders without messing up the paper. Just wondering what else works for this.

Also if you've used the Zip Dry glue, would you recommend it for fabric? Or do you think it will run through and wrinkle it? I'm doing the ribbon embellishment but I'm not so sure what's the best way to stick it to the panel pocket without the adhesive showing through. TIA!

Re: Littlemoments! And anyone else who is DIYing invites!

• Options
    Haha, I honestly I used this ( http://www.amazon.com/Super-Multipurpose-Spray-Adhesive-Aerosol/dp/B005CKG35Y ) to adhere the paper...haha idk if it was the best choice, but it is done & over with now.  So far so good on them being fine =)

As far as fabric goes, I still haven't found something I think will work.  I think instead of using adhesive to hold the lace, I'm going to use ribbon or fishing line to hold it together...I was going to hand stitch them, but I don't know if I will have enough time for it...

I love C&P so maybe take their suggestion =)
  • Options
    Mine apparently comes with dots for the corners.  We bought this double sided tape that came with a dispenser that was really fast and easy for the STDs.  We will probably use that as well.  It was a bit on the expensive side but it was really easy and fast.

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I went with a spray adhesive, it's different from the one Andrea got but I'm sure it's the same idea. http://www.amazon.com/3M-77-17-Multiuse-Professional-Adhesive/dp/B0000AZ735

I love it. I even made my petal tosser with it.  

This was my inspiration:

This is what I did, it's wrapped in burlap. 
    I did it almost 2 weeks ago and it's still stuck good. 
    AND there's no glue residue or wrinkling. 

I would recommend a spray adhesive. 
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2012

Thanks for all the tips, I'll look into our options then!

Meagan I love your petal cones! I plan on making some as well! Did you use a specific  tutorial?

ETA: Littlemoments, I asked about the best adhesive for fabric and someone suggested Xyron. I watched a video on how it works, cuz I was really confused lol, and it looks perfect! I'm getting the standard 1.5" sticker machine for my ribbon. Depending on how wide your lace is there are other sizes as well. She also recommended HSN cuz they have an amazing deal that comes with 4 refills! Here's the link so you can check it out.

LINK

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards