Flowers
Options

different boutonniere for groom, best man, ushers, dads, etc

Hello:

So I have met with a few florists and I am overwhelmed with whether or not everyone should get different boutonnieres and how to make them slightly different but matching.  I was wondering what others were doing as far as there boutonnieres is everyone the same and if not who is different and who matches?

Thanks,

Sarah

Re: different boutonniere for groom, best man, ushers, dads, etc

• Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine were all the same for everyone except my husband's was a little bigger.  The same flowers (roses) were used for all but my husband's had little spray roses on the side and some greenery.
  • Options
    iloveu4everiloveu4ever member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To me it doesn't really matter. We are either gonna go with same boutonniere or none at all.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My husband wore a bout that was similar to my bouquet. All of the GM and both of our Dad's wore the same bout's. Pics in bio if you want to see.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all this helps a lot!
  • Options
    Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have a teeny tiny wedding party -- two best men and that's it.  There will be no bouts for fathers.  I suspect the 3 bouts will all be different, although the two best men might have identical bouts (groom's bout will not be duplicated).  We'll see ... the wedding isn't until next summer so we're not making a final decision on that yet.

I hope that helps.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Typically, the men wear boutonnieres using blooms that are already in your bouquet.  There is a sentimental reason for this, but also economical, since your florist can order in bulk.

I don't necessarily think the groom should have a larger bout than the others.  Sometimes larger isn't flattering.  But he can have a more sophisticated arrangement.  Like if the GMs are wearing dendrobium, then the groom can wear cymbidium, for example.

For us, I'm having all the GMs and the groom wear the same bout.  I don't care that the groom doesn't stand out, because I know he's my groom. :P  Others may want their groom to be slightly different.  It's up to you.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards