Massachusetts-Cape Cod
Options

Vendor Reviews from my Wedding!

Hi All! 
Here are my vendor reviews!  I definitely tried to be extra nice to everyone b/c I know weddings can be tough for all - vendors included.  If you want more details about any vendor in particular - definitely contact me via private message!  I will be selling a lot of cape cod items soon - like shells,  card box, long mirrors for hair/makeup, square vases from ac moore, lanterns etc...keep an eye out for that post!!!  

Decadent Designs - A-
The wedding invitations were great!  I chose a design she had already made and customized the paper/colors.  The paper was a pretty thick, but not as thick as my ideal.  She was prompt in her delivery and printing.  Found her on etsy.  Also, communication at times was difficult - not because she didn't respond, but because her hours are random.   

Goodhue Designs - A
Calligraphy was excellent - the calligrapher has excellent handwriting and is extremely prompt.  Her colors are not that extensive, but she is definitely worth working with.

Paul Pape Designs - A+
Mii Wii Customized Cake Topper.  We had so many compliments on our cake topper.  It really stole the show and I was a little jealous b/c it got so much attention!  J.K  Definitely recommend working with him.  

Undercover Tent - B
The tent was beautiful the day of and everyone commented on how nice it looked.  The staff who set the tent up was professional and very helpful.  I am giving this vendor a B for the service beforehand.  Without going into too much detail, I will say I was disappointed with the follow up and with one or two unfriendly conversations with them beforehand.

Casual Gourmet - A
I was extremely pleased with the caterer.  The woman who coordinated our event and the wedding day did a superb job and made me extremely confident throughout the process.  Anything you asked for they could provide and they would inform you if you needed to make proper adjustments etc.  We got many compliments on the cake!  The food was great, but the day of the wedding, as expected, serving several more people, it was not as good as when we tasted it.  Food for the welcome party the night before was excellent!  Overall, excellent service and I would definitely recommend this vendor.  

Town Car Transportation Inc - Brewster - B
This transportation company did a great job in communication beforehand and showed up to our wedding on time to shuttle the guests to and from their hotels.  We had one hiccup at the end when a driver couldn't get in touch with us left even though we had asked for them to stay until the end.  Our guests ended up having to wait much longer to go back to their hotels, but it worked out in the end.  

Lypor Leong - Chelmsford, MA - A+
I had contacted a couple of women on the cape before my wedding about doing my hair/makeup.  I was not confident they could do the job I wanted so I found this woman in Chelmsford who was willing to drive to the Cape.  She brought an assistant with her and they did a fabulous job on all of the bridesmaids hair/makeup and my own.  I couldn't have been happier!!  

First Encounter Musicians - A
2 Strings and 1 Wind Extremely talented musicians.  They play around the Cape professionally and what I was looking for were people who were passionate about music.  I didn't want someone who just came and played a song that anyone could play. These women did an excellent job.  

Petals By The Sea - A
I was very pleased with how my flowers came out!!  I got a lot of compliments on all of the flower pieces.  She really did a great job re-creating what I wanted from the pictures.  

DJ Ra-Mu and the Crew - A
DJ Ra-mu did a wonderful job keeping the dance floor packed.  He played all genres of music (as we requested) keeping it mostly with contemporary.  He also provides free uplighting, flatscreen tvs, instant text messaging.  My only wish was that he communicated with me a little less throughout the wedding night as I was probably not the best person to know what was going on - but that could easily be communicated to him - which I didn't do.  I highly recommend him.  

Stop & Shop Florist - Hyannis - A+
Helpful Staff, Beautiful Flowers!  I ordered a ton of cut flowers to arrange myself in addition to the florist.  A woman from a local nursery recommended them and I was so pleased she did!!!!!  Wonderful!

Hampton Inn West Yarmouth - Wedding Block A+
Accommodating, friendly staff.

Bayside Resort West Yarmouth - Wedding Block A
People were very nice!

Tugboats - Rehearsal Dinner - A+
The manager was so helpful and really organized a beautiful, personal dinner for us right by the water.  I didn't worry one bit about the rehearsal dinner working out - we had one entire side of the deck to ourselves.

Great Island Bakery - A-
Excellent baked goods for the morning after brunch!  Yum!  My only complaint is that they do not return phone calls/messages and that they did not get back to me with an estimate when they said they would - I had to hunt them down myself - not really what I wanted to be doing a few days before the wedding.  But, overall, great food and they were very reliable the day of.  

Re: Vendor Reviews from my Wedding!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Just did a google search, WOW that is an awesome amazing topper!!! It seems worth the money too. What was it made out of?

So jealous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • Options
    koreana12koreana12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I THINK it's made of some sort of ceramic or plastic molding?  I can't tell at the moment, because someone dropped it without telling me at the wedding so I had to send it back to him to fix.  He has a lifetime guarantee on all of his products - making it even more worth your dollar!
  • Options
    koreana12koreana12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to include my photographer!!!

Jen Ing Photography (Boston) - A

She is very talented and takes beautiful photos.  I really enjoyed working with her.  She is patient and easy to work with.  Keep in mind she does not have years and years of wedding photography experience so if you want some of the more traditional wedding photos day of you'll need someone to remind her.  I do not have my photos yet, so I am basing this off my engagement photos and my experience working with her.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards