North Carolina-Outer Banks

Photographers for a May 2011 wedding...

Hi. 
I'm currently planning my wedding for next year and given that May is a busy wedding month, I'm looking to reserve my photographer as soon as possible. 
Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonably priced photographer in the OBX area? My budget for photography is preferrably under $1000, but can go up to $1500, if needed. My wedding is taking place in a beach house in KDH, so someone close to that area would be preferred as I do not want to incur additional travel expenses.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Remember my name. You'll be screaming it later.

Re: Photographers for a May 2011 wedding...

• knitgirl13knitgirl13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't found many under $1000 and photography is the top priority for me so I want to make sure I'm getting someone really good.  I'm hoping to book AMMC photo for their $1499 package though if I decide to stick with my plans for an Outer Banks wedding.   Some photographers (includiing them and Julie Dreelin) have weekday packages that are cheaper, but it's hard to book someone for a weekend wedding at a low rate because they usually only get to work 1-2 days per week during peak wedding season so it's hard to make enough to cover your lifestyle for the entire year.
    Anniversary
  • aubreyaliseaubreyalise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we weren't able to find any reasonably priced photographers in the outer banks.

we branched out to ones that would travel and found a terrific photographer. even paying his travel costs was cheaper than the obx photographers.

i've already received my proof book and DVDs of all the high res images, and it's great! i highly recommend him.

www.jp40photography.com

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • missdysmissdys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the information. We were doing a weekday wedding in OBX at a beach house in hopes that it would be cheaper. Please keep the recommendations coming!
  • missdysmissdys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI AMMC is moving and not serving the OBX area in 2011. At least that is what they just told me. :(
  • edited December 2011
    Same here, AMMC is done in the OBX after 2010.  Bummer!
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
  • lmlo22lmlo22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I gotta say that if there is anywhere in the budget that could be stretched, it should be for your wedding day. You will have these photos FOREVER. You'll show them to your grandkids. And re: wedding album - once you get your CD of photos you can always make your own album for super cheap at Shutterfly. Plus, a GREAT photographer knows how to really make a bride go from "looking good" to "looking gorgeous" - whether that be from lighting, technique, or from my favorite - Photoshop! As a local, I would look into these photographers - Mary Basnight (my absolute favorite - she and I vibe), Island Photography, and Chris Bickford. You can always try and cut down on the number of hours you hire them for - the most important are the ceremony and the hour afterward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lauren
  • edited December 2011
    I would get in contact with 3 Daughters and a Wedding!

Link: http://www.threedaughtersandawedding.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely search outside the OBX area, the prices there are inflated as are all the other wedding vendors.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards