September 2012 Weddings
Options

Thank You :)

I wanted to say a BIG BIG thank you to all you ladies for being such an incredible source of support and encouragement. It truly is amazing how we have bonded and I am so grateful to have you ladies just a click away.
Just a little update on last night's drama... after more discussion with FI, I think he really did want to have the wedding in his church from the start and was just being very considerate of my feelings when offering to have the ceremony elsewhere. He was ok with it as long as it was a beautiful place that he felt was even better than in the church, but not just in a big room at a hotel. He wanted more than just 4 walls. The church and the hotel have equal emotional attachment to me, but to him, there is no comparison. I think his mother just made him realize the importance of the church to him and that he really does want to get married there. He even offered to bring all my items to the church and demand that they let us use them, but I said no; I do not want to be disrespectful (even tho I think the rules are ridiculous).He promised me that his mother would never come before me; not in regards to the wedding and not in regards to the house or anything else for that matter. As hard as it is for me to let my guard down, he seemed very sincere and I do believe him. Granted, his mom is not off the hook; she still made comments that are not sitting well with me.I just wish he had discussed this with me sooner; I would have been much more receptive and much less hurt. I have to go back to all the vendors to cancel with tail between my legs and now I have re-design the invitation AGAIN to reflect this change. I'm still really uncomfortable with the church, but I have asked to meet with the Pastor one on one to discuss my concerns so hopefully that can put me at ease. On the plus side, we will save money and not have to worry about a lot of little details during the ceremony; and the ceremony will be that much more meaningful for FI, and in turn, for me as well.
invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Thank You :)

• Options
    I'm so glad that you had a very sincere chat with one another and were able to resolve it!!! What a relief! As for your meeting with the Pastor, I think that is a very good idea. Especially to do it one on one. Let us know how that goes! I hope you feel better afterwards!!
  • Options
    Johnsonk313Johnsonk313 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I am so glad you guys were really able to talk it through! And I'm even more glad you are feeling better :) Your pastor seems really nice I think sitting down and talking with him and voicing your concerns can do nothing but help!

*Edit* spelling
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm glad things are starting to look up again and that your FI finally sat down and talked with you about what was going on. =)
  • Options
    I'm really glad to hear that Mama. I came in at the tail end of that last night, so by that point everyone had already said what I would have said. But I was thinking about you earlier today and I'm really glad to see this post. I hope things go well with the one-on-one talk with the pastor. :-)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm still feeling defeated and worried about the church, but hopefully it will pass. 
    As hard as I tried, it's just not gonna be perfect :P
  • Options
    Okay, I dont want to get mushy, but Mama ofcourse you got so much support from everyone because YOU are always supportive for us! Its just a reflection of what a great person you are and how much even people who have never met you, and probably never will, know that.

As far as the church, I havent commented because I dont even know what to say. I cant imagine how disappointed, frustrated, confused, etc. you must be feeling. All I can say is that at the end of the day, you WILL have a beautiful wedding whether its in a church, hotel, Vegas wedding chapel, someones basement, etc. I know its frustrating not to be able to add your touches. Keep us updated on how it goes with the pastor... sending you lots of good vibes!
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so glad you and FI were able to talk about it. I'm sorry you aren't getting your wedding at the hotel. Maybe after you speak with the minister he will allow you to apply some of your personal touches? I hope the minister is able to put your mind at ease and you can feel comfortable at the ceremony. I also agree with PP. The outpouring of support is a direct reflection of all the support you have given to all of us. I've never seen a negative word in any of your posts and my heart breaks to hear about the pain you felt last night.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    I am glad you guys were able to talk! I think the talk with the Pastor is also a great idea :)
  • Options
    Aww we love you Meech!  It's a tough situation, but I'm glad you two are talking it through.  It's imporant for him to set boundries with his mother and this could be the insident that inspires that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Ok seriously I'm getting all verkelmpt (anyone older than 30 should laugh at that lol).
    I love you ladies too!!

It was kinda funny last night... I told FI that I just had to let all my frustrations out so don't interrupt and I'm sorry in advance for being a beotch. So I ranted and raved and when it was all over, I told him I loved him and we would have a church wedding. I just needed to get it all out so I could stop the inner tornado from spewing out at the wrong moment.
    Then we curled up on the couch and bonded over hockey hahaha 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards