North Carolina

Hotel Venues

We're looking for a place to have our reception after a Catholic mass.  I'm from the North so we're looking to have more northern style all-out dinner and dancing reception but on a budget of $10,000 or less (for all venue costs including catering) preferably less! :)  Most of our guests are from out of town which is why we're looking at hotels.  But we don't want to feel like we're getting married in a conference room. Any suggestions? Oh, the mass will be in Cary so the Raleigh/Cary/RTP area for the reception.

Re: Hotel Venues

• tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Doubletree at RTP does a lot of weddings. Embassy Suites at Harrison does a lot of events--I've been to a number of dinners there & they've been great. The downtown Marriott & Renaissance both are nice. The color schemes are very different-I think both have pretty good websites. We stayed in one of the suites at the Renaissance & it was great. I chose it over the Marriott because the photo opportunities were better for the "getting ready" photos & there was plenty of room for us. If you decide to look at other venues, The State Club was great. We had a dinner--northern family that moved here in the 60s on my side--and everyone loved the food and the venue. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah... I'm a Dukie so can't have my wedding at State. :)  But thanks for the info.
  • edited December 2011
    Do you mean the Renaissance at North Hills?  It was the only one that came up in a search?  And do you mean the Marriott City Center or Crabtree?
  • NcsuPsychNcsuPsych member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There's a venue on the American Tobacco Trail up in Durham. I'm not sure if that'd be too far away. I can't remember what it's called, but it looks kind of like a loft. Really pretty too :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I have been to a wedding at the Doubletree at RTP and it was very nicely done :) The crabtree marriot is a wonderful place but very expensive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tarheelbabstarheelbabs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Renaissance North Hills.  I meant the downtown Marriott--Crabtree is older, but it's also worth checking out. 

Re:  The State Club, seriously, I would check it out. It's gorgeous.  I'm a double Tarheel, married to a State fan--who gloated--but still wouldn't have hesitated to do the reception there because it is so very nice.  But, why not look at Duke--the Nasher?  That always looks great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards