Georgia-Atlanta

Lake Lanier

Hey all! My fiance and I have just started looking for a wedding venue around Atlanta (up to an hour out) and we're interested in Lake Lanier. I know they have a lot of site options and their package looks really good. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions based on personal experience about Lake Lanier as a wedding venue? How was the food and service, etc? Any input would be great!! 

Thanks!

Re: Lake Lanier

• edited December 2011
    Could you be more specific? 

"Lake Lanier" is a lake.  Perhaps you meant "Lake Lanier Island Resorts" or any of the other resorts/lodges/hotels around the lake?
  • MelissaAnne88MelissaAnne88 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good things about their packages. I've also heard that it can be pricey. You might want to check them out on WeddingWire.
    The Happiest 5K on the Planet! Color Run 2012
    "I think the threat of 'You've ticked off The Brides!' might do it." Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • lvaynerlvayner member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I meant the Island Resorts. I went ahead and emailed them and unfortunately their F&B minimums are out of our budget. We are also looking at the Roswell Mill Club, Magnolia Hall at Piedmont Park, and the Atrium. Any opinions on those?
  • edited December 2011

if you like that area, try Bradford House and Gardens.  that is where i am getting married and the great thing is that they do EVERYTHING for you.  Plus, the owner, Debbie, is so sweet and they are willing to work w/ you on everything.  They do the food, flowers, cake, decor, and the photography--my FI and I realized that it is the best bang for our buck.  Plus, it is beautiful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lvaynerlvayner member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will look into that! Thank you!
  • mstar284mstar284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a friend's wedding at Lake Lanier...best wedding ever!!! It was so much fun...like a vacation. We stayed at one of their rooms at the resort, nice view.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hi -
    HUGE SALE !! ~ 20% OFF ALL WEDDING GOWNS JULY 4TH WEEKEND ONLY !!

Atlanta Bride Couture
    20 Milton Avenue
    Alpharetta, GA 3009
    404-229-8690

Saturday 10am - 6pm
    Sunday 10am - 6pm

Ask for Sara !!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards