Wedding Reception Forum
Options

dance floor decal

I'm guessing this is the board to post this question.

I was wondering if anyone has used a dance floor decal before.  They are the same as those wall decals, but put on the floor.  We were going to put one on the dance floor, but the venue coordinator said it would would look tiny and would rather do custom lighting.  She suggested putting it at the ceremony (same venue) area instead as the start of my aisle, sort of like an aisle runner.  My problem is that this is a historic venue and I am trying to figure out if it will leave a mark on the floor.  The dance floor would be modular so I wasn't too worried about that, but the wood floor at the ceremony is a different story.

TIA for any answers.  If no one knows, I will try to cut a little piece off the monogram and try it in the corner before we put the whole thing down.

Also, please let me know if I should be asking this on a different board.  Thanks.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: dance floor decal

• Options
    I had a friend who put the decal on the floor and it got ripped apart so quickly. It bunched, it tore...it isn't worth it. It might leave marks on the floor, who knows. I think your best bet would be a monogram gobo which is the custom lighting you talked about. This can be on the floor and then on the wall when people start to dance. It isn't messy and won't leave marks or anything.
  • Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2010
    We are really talking about putting it at the ceremony so there won't be as much hard traffic there as on the dance floor.  There will be people, of course, but as far as tearing I think they would be more careful at the ceremony.  My main concern really is messing up the floor.
    Besides, I've already wasted my money on it.  I just don't want to have to pay for a ruined floor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm sure it depends on the company who makes it, but the wall ones are specifically designed not to leave any marks. It would get ripped up badly on a dance floor, but I think you could use it on an aisle without any issue. You could also put it on a wall like it was originally intended so you don't have to worry about either issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards